Chinese Paladin Online Trailer?

Discussions on other Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan related games including Chinese Paladin Online (MMORPG), Xian Jian Inn, GuJianQiTan 古剑奇谭 and the New Xian Jian Online game 《新仙劍奇俠傳ONLINE》
Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Chinese Paladin Online Trailer?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:56 pm

When you visit this site, a video clip starts playing:

http://cpo.gameflier.com/

What is that? IS that the trailer for Chinese Paladin Online (which I assume is Xian Jian 2.0?)? I don't really get the clip veyr much..are we supposed to know who the characters are, or are they generic? Looks like Xiao Yao and Ling'er in the end, but I'm not sure o_o
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re: Chinese Paladin Online Trailer?

Postby God » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 pm

The trailer states,'To sacrifice for love... To reincarnate for love... Chinese Paladin 2.0... New in the market!'

The story behind the trailer is... somehow this Ling Er representation got turned to stone. Then this Xiao Yao lookalike used his half of a jade pendant to identify her, leaned against her forehead, and she became human again. Maybe.

I'll go read the details when I have the time. Then real stuff. The above was just my musing lol.
I need more wuxia in my life.

:P :P :P

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 pm

lol!! That's kinda what I thought too, but that's really weird and not really related to the game ^^; I'm sure Ling'er doesn't turn into some creepy looking stone thing..

And what bothers me is that Ling'er Xiaoyao seem to look different in every promotional image XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby God » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 pm

According to the site (click, then click on the leftmost button ):

CPO1 (Chinese): 盤古開天闢地後,其精、氣、神分化成為【三皇】,也就是伏羲、神農、女媧。【三皇】各依自己的喜好,創造了神、人、獸三種生靈。 而原本蘊藏在盤古身體內的靈力逸散,分解為水、火、雷、風、土【五靈】,散於天地之間。
在幾經紛爭與五靈之力影響,整個世界被分成神、魔、仙、妖、人、鬼六界,其中神、魔、鬼居於整個世界的外層;神與魔是正負相對的兩面;而鬼是所有生靈的終結之地,也是誕生起點。
神界不老不死;魔界無生無死;鬼界非生非死,這三界注視下的芸芸眾生,就是人、妖、仙三界。 仙是登天途中的神,也是人間嚮往和追求的境界;妖是修煉未熟的魔,也是法力高深的獸,是最為人類不容的族群;雙方千百年來恩怨糾葛從未間斷。
在這紛亂無常的世界裡,六界生靈為情、為慾、為求生存,牽扯出錯綜複雜的愛恨情仇,也不斷創造出動人的故事,流傳於後世…。

CPO1 (my translation): Since Pang Gu created the sky and lands, his stamina, breath and consciousness became the 'Three Kings' (namely Fu Yi, Shen Nong and Nu Wa). The 'Three Kings' created three kinds of living beings: god, man and beast. The spiritual power that was originally in Pang Gu body separated into the Five Elements: Water, Fire, Lightning, Wind, and Earth; and was spread throughout the sky and lands.
After many battles and under the influence of the Five Elements, the whole world was split into the Six Realms: Godly, Demon, Fairy, Evil Spirit, Human, and Ghostly. Gods and Demons are positive and negative sides respectively; and ghosts are the end of living beings, and beginning of birth.

One will not age or die in the Godly Realm; there is no birth or death in the Demon Realm; Ghosts are not alive nor dead. Under the scrutiny of these three realms are the living realms, namely Human, Evil Spirit and Fairy. Fairies are those on the path to become Gods, and what Humans aspire to be; Evil Spirits are those cultivating to become Demons, and highly spiritual beasts. Humans detest Evil Spirits; and the conflict between the two races have never stopped for a minute.
In these chaotic realms, the existing beings spin endless tales of love, hate, gratitude and revenge. These tales spread among the future generations...

<pauses for slight break> <will be back with another post about the lore of CPO 2.0>
Last edited by God on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:48 pm

wow..that translation sounds really good :)

So..poetic-like XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby God » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:04 am

CPO 2.0 (Chinese):
天下大亂之局
鎖妖塔一役,魔尊之子韓仲晰死於李逍遙之手,參與該役的魔界大軍,也覆滅於仙劍派、飄渺峰、仙霞派、林家堡與鬼族大軍的聯合勢力。魔族勢力是否就此絕跡於天下呢?數次經歷大變的江湖武林,一時之間,卻也絕難相信魔族已然滅絕。武林之中,依舊流言紛紛、傳說不斷。
另一方面,北方的契丹勢力頻頻整軍經武,南下之姿愈加明顯。加上中原朝廷腐敗、州府貪橫之事益形嚴重,各地民亂、盜賊峰起,百姓苦不堪言、勢處水火。
大理國方面,在喪失了韓仲晰之後,阿奴接著要面對的,卻是虎視眈眈的中原與吐番國,加上西夏來使,正令她陷入進退維谷的局面。
隨著天下與武林的不靖氛圍,普天下志士仁人與武林豪俠們,深切體認到「亂世之不可變,唯救己而已」的領悟!
就在天下諸大勢力的傾軋前夕、在環宇混沌的失序與紛雜之中,六凡之眾僅能關注於在江湖武林與亂世險道之中的生存之方。既無法自絕於即將到來的風暴,至少須可自保而存……
CPO 2.0 (my translation):
Chaos Everywhere
In the Battle of Suo Yao Ta, Han Zhong Xi, the son of the Demon Overlord, dead by the hand of Li Xiao Yao, and the great army from the Demonic Realm participating in the battle was vanquished by the alliance formed by Xian Jian Sect, Piao Miao Peak, Xian Xia Sect, Lin Family Fortress and the great Ghostly army. Did the powerful Demons become extinct following this battle? The pugilistic world, having experienced countless great changes, could not believe it so readily. There were many rumours and endless legends among the martial world.
On the other hand, the Kitan (click) force from the North was frequently rearranging their armies, and refining their strategies. It was obvious that they were preparing to move to the South. In addition to that, there was rampant corruption in the Imperial courts and State Offices of the Central Plains, causing the civilians to riot. Bandit dens sprouted like mushrooms. The commoners were suffering beyond description.
As for the country of Da Li (click), after losing Han Zhong Xi, Ah Nu needed to face the Central Plains and Iho (click if you understand Chinese) forces. On top of that, an ambassador arrived from Xi Xia (Click if you understand Chinese), making the situation go into a stalemate for her.
With the lands and martial world having an unhealthy situation, all the ambitious and righteous people and great martial artists experience and deeply feel these words: 'Chaos cannot be changed, one can only save oneself'.
On the eve of the titanic forces clashing, within the loss and mix-up of order, the beings of the Six Realms could only concentrate on the method of survival. Although one cannot separate oneself from the brewing storm, one can still protect oneself and survive...

<pauses for another break> <trying to decide if he should do the last part of the lore today or tomorrow...>

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby God » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:55 am

CPO 2.0 (Chinese + my translationpart 2):

六界轉識之道

普凡眾生,不分天、地、人、畜、修羅與惡鬼,自混沌而生起,便輾轉於三方六道之中,謂之「輪迴」。 輪迴而識滅、識轉、識生。
六凡之異於四聖之別,即須輾轉生死於神識之道;以至涅槃,乃有脫出之期。 六凡之眾,莫不希冀述遞神識,以期往上修行,每一新生,
更有比之前世而精進,終至四聖之列……

The Way of Changing Consciousness in the Six Realms

All living things, no matter Heaven, Earth, Human, Beast, Shura or Evil Ghost (referred to as the Six Mortals from here on), from the time of being born from chaos, are assigned to one of the three sides and six Ways. This is called 'reincarnation'. Through reincarnation, one shall know of destruction, the cycle and creation.
The Six Mortals are differentiated by the Four Sages, meaning if one can be born and die as a godly consciousness repeatedly, one can be released from reincarnation. All beings of the Six Mortals wish to be born as a godly consciousness, and thereby attaining a higher level of cultivation every life.
There are even those who are more refined than their past lives, and end ranked among the Four Sages.

宿世難了之因

「靈兒!~~」
冷冽的白色浪濤橫肆大地,無情的向四面八方襲捲覆蓋。青年的嘶聲呼喊每一聲都淹沒在漫天浪塵之中,殘酷得連自己都聽不見。
當一切靜默下來,遠方殘破的大地彷彿遭到天火焚燬,寸草不剩。青年啞聲的吶喊,襯托在寂然的空氣中,彷彿人世間為上天所演的一齣無聲劇。
當那些哀傷的、心痛的、悲憤的心情,在剎時間凝結,青年的思想卻得到了解放……

李逍遙望著漆黑一片的眼前,伸手摸上額頭,只覺冷汗一片。
這個場景,十六年來已在他的夢境中重演了無數回;然而每一次醒過來,卻仍然會令他心痛不已。
他站起來,點亮支小燭,回望眠床。本擬應如往常那般見著坐起身而面顯擔心的妻子,但卻發現床是空的!李逍遙執起燭火,正待走出房門,忽然傳來女子驚呼之聲。
「呀啊~~~~」
李逍遙衝出房門,朝著聲音來處飛奔趕去。
林家堡內剎時間燈火逐明,人聲紛雜。李逍遙聞聲趕入女兒房中,正見妻子坐在床沿,撇頭望向衝入房門的他,滿臉具是悲傷與驚懼。

「韓大哥……韓大哥……」床上的李憶如似乎無意識的囈語著。
「逍遙大哥……你快來看……」林月如無助的呼喊。
李逍遙走近床邊,待妻子掀開女兒身上蓋著繡被的一角,露出憶如的左腳踝。李逍遙移近燭火,只見燭光映照下,女兒的腳踝皮膚表皮竟長成一片片的鱗片,就像……蛇麟!
「碰!──」
李逍遙夫妻聞聲轉頭,正見林天南入得門來……

The Reason The Destiny Cannot be Ended Easily
'Ling Er!~~'
Cold white waves whipped the lands, emotionless as they covered and swallowed in every direction. The youth's screams were all drowned in the wave-covered air. He was even cruelly prevented from hearing himself.
When silence settled, the broken lands far away appeared scorched by heavenly flames, barren as they could be. The youth shouted with a parched voice. His shouts hanged in the air, as if everything was a silent show put on for the Heavens.

When those sad, heartbreaking, and angry feelings froze at that moment, the youth's mind was liberated...

Li Xiao Yao stared at the darkness before his eyes, wiped his forehead with his hand, and only felt cold sweat.
The sight had repeated itself endless times in his dreams for the past sixteen years; but every time he woke up, he would still feel heart-wrenching pain.
He stood up, lit a small candle, and turned to look at his bed. He should have seen his wife sitting there, worried, but the bed was empty! Taking the candle, Li Xiao Yao was walking out of his room when there came a female's shout of surprise.

'Aiya~~~~'
Li Xiao Yao rushed out of his room, and ran in the direction of the sound. Lin Family Fortress lit up in an instant, and voices rang throughout. Li Xiao Yao, hearing the noise, rushed to his daughter's room. There, he saw his wife sitting by the bed. She turned to look at him, her face filled with grief and fear.

'Big brother Han... Big brother Han...' Yi Ru, who was on the bed, mumbled unconsciously.
'Xiao Yao, come and look, quick...' Lin yue Ru exclaimed helplessly.
Li Xiao Yao walked near to the bed's side, and his wife lifted the corner of his daughter's blanket, revealing her left ankle. Li Xiao Yao put the candle closer. and saw under candlelight that there was something on his daughter's ankle. The skin of the ankle was covered in scales... snake scales!
Boom! Li Xiao Yao and his wife turned their heads at the loud sound, and saw Lin Tian Nan striding through the door...

<Disclaimer by the official site: the content is provided as per the content in-game> (Well, duh...)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks so much for the translations!! That was really interesting, especially the last part! Is there more? lol.. I wanna know what happens, heheehehee... it feels like I'm reading a fanfiction.

When is this supposed to happen? Is this when Yiru has grown up (as in the trailer of CP online?) Does this mean Yue Ru is alive, for real?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby God » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm

That's all there is on the site, unfortunately. I don't think the last part has anything to do with the original CP universe. This is more like an alternate universe, in which Yue Ru is actually alive, and Yi Ru is still a baby. By the way, I think the trailer was outlining Xiao Yao's dreams as mentioned in the lore. Not about a grown up Yi Ru.

Also, I think we will have to actually play to find out more about the storyline... And I'm not going to commit identity theft (you need a Taiwanese/Hong Kong ID to register) just to play a game lol.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:51 pm

well I think the Taiwan version has a 全區 server which accepts registration from everywhere (the Taiwan server requires a phone number in that region to verify) and the ID number is only used to retrive lost password there :)

PRC ID card number is required for the Mainland version though.

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby God » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:53 am

Oh yeah. Might go and try it out when I have the time. Thanks for the info. :P

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:53 pm

God wrote:That's all there is on the site, unfortunately. I don't think the last part has anything to do with the original CP universe. This is more like an alternate universe, in which Yue Ru is actually alive, and Yi Ru is still a baby. By the way, I think the trailer was outlining Xiao Yao's dreams as mentioned in the lore. Not about a grown up Yi Ru.

Also, I think we will have to actually play to find out more about the storyline... And I'm not going to commit identity theft (you need a Taiwanese/Hong Kong ID to register) just to play a game lol.

hmm? Have I completely mistaken this girl to be Yiru?

I thought that was her in Chinese Paladin Online..?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby God » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:17 pm

You know, including a link to the source might help instead of just posting a picture lol. Because the topic is about the trailer, and I could be blind, but I don't see the girl in your picture in the trailer on the main page.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

lol sorry XD

Um, it was featured in this trailer: http://fairysword.windy-goddess.net/cli ... _demo1.zip (13mb) which I assume is a trailer for Chinese Paladin Online.. but yeh, it's not the same as the clip posted on this topic so I was wondering if they're related?

It was accompanied by this text:

Found on 17173.com a few years ago ^^; (Maybe it's outdated?)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby God » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm

So the girl in the one you showed was Yi Ru. According to the report you posted (which was before the completion of CPO1.0), shots of Yi Ru and Han Zhong Xi (son of the Demon Lord) alternated repeatedly near the end of the video (didn't download to watch lol). And according to the summary from the official site of CPO2.0 right now, Han Zhong Xi died at the hands of Li Xiao Yao in the Battle of Suo Yao Ta. And Yi Ru's growing scales while dreaming (or having nightmares) about Han Zhong Xi.

So yes, the lore in CPO2.0 should be about Yi Ru and Han Zhong Xi (unless there are other developments in the storyline). But because Yi Ru called him 'Big Brother Han', I doubt they're on bad terms, generally.

Return to “Other Xian Jian Related Games & Spin-offs”