Will you be buying & playing 古剑奇谭 GuJian?

Discussions on other Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan related games including Chinese Paladin Online (MMORPG), Xian Jian Inn, GuJianQiTan 古剑奇谭 and the New Xian Jian Online game 《新仙劍奇俠傳ONLINE》

Yes, I've already paid for it! =D
46%
Yes, even though I can't read Chinese!
15%
I'll be buying it to support but not playing..
No votes
Yes, but I'm waiting for others to test it first
8%
Not sure yet, we'll see.
23%
No, since I can't understand it
No votes
No, just not interested
8%

Total votes: 13

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 am

With so much interest in GuJian I've decided to put a poll together to see how many here will actually be buying/playing it!
Please vote in the poll and let us know! (You will have the option of changing your poll vote, so just vote what is currently relevant for you :) )
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Re: Will you be buying & playing 古剑奇谭 GuJian?

Postby Rich » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Patch 1.0.3 has been released.

I think I'll wait for another patch before buying it... The game is still not very stable, and I don't have time to play since I'm spending my free time on the translation project...

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Completely understandable! I'm waiting a while too to see how it goes :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

venus
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: murong ziying

Postby venus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:16 pm

I've already bought one.But my video card is too bad and can't play the game now. :cry:

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:37 am

To people who considering whether to buy the game, I think it's worth.

The major bugs are more or less fixed. when screen freeze, I usually just click on the top left hand corner of the window where the icon of the game is. (for windows) and the freeze will stop most of the times.

To the storyline, just killed a more major boss, and I thought it is the end (how can it be so short... :lol:) , but there was a twist like PAL4, where one of the supposed protagonist turns out to be an antagonist. Weird though, he manage to fool all the other main characters, then suddenly revealed himself through a conversation with his subordinate, without the main character's knowledge. A form of stage irony? lol

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:16 pm

I think I can hope for a Russian version of this game, because once in a lifetime, Russian publishers release some chinese games for sale in Russian (e.g. Meteor, butterfly and a blade, Master Li and the Flying Blade)
Here's some cover screens:

Anyway, if it's out here, I'll definitely buy it (Even if it will cost 20$)
I also sent an e-mail to Aurogon support regarding the possibility of an English version for foreign users, so if they answer me, I'll reply to this topic 8)

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:54 pm

yea english version will definitely help. Even for me, a chinese, I couldn't understand a lot of the conversations. Well there're two kinds of chinese... plain language and old language (文言文). Nowadays most of schools outside China only teach plain language. The game is a mixture of both, as the character's conversations are very poetic. Which means, regular chinese speakers would not comprehend the conversation fully, I missed out a lot of the content because of that.

So yup english version would benefit everyone. But I guess it is a lot of work to translate, this game's story-line is way longer than PAL4 or other prequels.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:25 am

hmm..poetic ancient language?

They're really tricky, I'm not sure I'll be able to fully understand it when/if I play :/
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:hmm..poetic ancient language?

They're really tricky, I'm not sure I'll be able to fully understand it when/if I play :/

Not exactly like ancient. Just that some parts they keep quoting ancient sayings and even Confucius and Buddha teachings. Those parts are difficult to comprehend but the main story-line is fine.

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Rich » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Pantamorph wrote:I think I can hope for a Russian version of this game, because once in a lifetime, Russian publishers release some chinese games for sale in Russian (e.g. Meteor, butterfly and a blade, Master Li and the Flying Blade)

Very interesting.... I've never played a game made in Russia (Tetris does not count). I wonder why they are interested in Chinese-style games.

God
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby God » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Pantamorph wrote:I think I can hope for a Russian version of this game, because once in a lifetime, Russian publishers release some chinese games for sale in Russian (e.g. Meteor, butterfly and a blade, Master Li and the Flying Blade)

Anyway, if it's out here, I'll definitely buy it (Even if it will cost 20$)
I also sent an e-mail to Aurogon support regarding the possibility of an English version for foreign users, so if they answer me, I'll reply to this topic 8)

This was an EPIC Chinese game. Superb for its time. Hell, superb even compared to some of the nonsense game makers spew out nowadays. EDIT: I was talking about Meteor, Butterfly and a Blade being epic lol. Just wanted to make that clear.

soulawaken wrote:yea english version will definitely help. Even for me, a chinese, I couldn't understand a lot of the conversations. Well there're two kinds of chinese... plain language and old language (文言文). Nowadays most of schools outside China only teach plain language. The game is a mixture of both, as the character's conversations are very poetic. Which means, regular chinese speakers would not comprehend the conversation fully, I missed out a lot of the content because of that.

So yup english version would benefit everyone. But I guess it is a lot of work to translate, this game's story-line is way longer than PAL4 or other prequels.

And now you've just made me go order the game. :oops: I love the ancient Chinese language. Really sets the mood. :P :P :P
I need more wuxia in my life.

:P :P :P

chrrox
Hero Wannabe

Postby chrrox » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 am

Where do you buy the digital download version? Are there any non Chinese sites to buy this?

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:28 pm

http://gjqt.gamebar.com

paypal _was_ available there months ago... but not now for some reason

seanluusa
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby seanluusa » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:15 am

I just finished this game yesterday, its totally worth to buy. Updates are published once a while showing the game team is trying to improve this game everyday. not like some other company just released the game then think its done.
All YOU NEED IS LOVE ---by BEATLES

Return to “Other Xian Jian Related Games & Spin-offs”