古剑奇谭 drama

Discussions on other Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan related games including Chinese Paladin Online (MMORPG), Xian Jian Inn, GuJianQiTan 古剑奇谭 and the New Xian Jian Online game 《新仙劍奇俠傳ONLINE》
soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

古剑奇谭 drama

Postby soulawaken » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Came across some information online... It's confirmed that there'll be a drama based on GuJianQiTan. They're still going through the process of star search, we can nominate stars or people to take on one of the 6 roles in the game. This closes on 15th Aug I think. After which from 16th Aug to 30th Sep, I think they will have an online poll for shortlisted stars, from there they will decide... I guess only people who played the game can choose the right star to take on the role, since most of the characters are quite complex in nature.

Only thing I feel is, whoeever's taking on OuYangShaoGong in GuJian, can also take on XuanXiao in PAL4 drama. :) Not only hairstyle, there're also quite some similarities in expression and character in the game.

Website for GuJianQiTan drama: http://ent.sina.com.cn/f/v/gjqtanhx/index.shtml

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: 古剑奇谭 drama

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 pm

oooooo..interesting!

And you're right; I think it's hard to decide who should play what roles if you haven't played the game..unless you base it on look alone (which isn't too bad I suppose)

I will definitely look forward to this drama :D
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:03 am

hahas. yeah I guess you can base it on looks. But I can roughly give a bit of description of the characters base on what I played so far:

HongYu: She's mysterious and her origins won't be revealed till very late in game. However she proclaimed to be much older than she looks. And thus, she's very smart, especially at judging people. She was the first to suspect the intentions of the final boss.

LanSheng: a childish boy, somewhat naive. But he's a very well-read and kind hearted man who pursue the values of Confucius and probably Buddha? However, his character is completely opposite in his previous life. So I guess it should be taken into consideration if this has to be acted out.

QianShang: a shameless drunkard who appeared halfway through the game and insisted in following the main characters using various excuses, mostly involving getting more money to buy wine. Appeared to be quite powerful despite his indifferent appearance. I think someone from XianJian1 drama can play this character xD

QingXue (female lead character) : kind hearted, naive, pure, generous. Her origins is similiar to the male lead... from a mysterious village. She also have weird likings. For example, making spices and cooking ingredients out of worms and bugs (All the main characters got a bad experience of that). She call the male lead character SuSu no matter how much he protested about it. And now he's actually getting used to it :)

BaiLiTuSu (male lead character): that's not his real name I think. He's a kid from a mysterious village, cut off from outside world. Until some people came and wiped out his clan, but he survived. Since then, he had developed a weird illness and during certain days of the month, he will be engulfed by an evil aura, causing him to lose his sanity but also increases his fighting strength to unbelievable levels, even capable of defeating his senior, the eldest disciple of some Sect and slaying a powerful demon alone. But besides that, he's a kind hearted person, but always hiding his warm heart below his cold face and personality. Initially he would not accept any help from anyone, but like usual love stories, QingXue is slowly affecting him, allowing him to open up more to his friends.

XiangLing: a fox demon who was unintentionally saved by TuSu in one of his "missions". Since then, she followed TuSu, wanting to repay him somehow and even openly expressing his feelings for TuSu. But later on in the story, she realise that her feelings towards TuSu is not real love. Her primary goal now is to find her mother.

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xu Changqing and Zi Xuan

Postby lovelikethis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:03 am

I hope the soundtrack will be just as good as CP1 and CP3's, or better. I just hope they won't make the female lead be annoying and loud, since it seems like they really love those types. I also hope the production crew won't turn GuJian into some Power Rangers-like drama.

I SO want Tang Yan to portray one of the three female characters though! Preferably that woman with the short hair who wears that reddish gown. She's one of the very few actresses in the industry today who *can* actually act, and she has that sharp, fierce look that would be perfect for the role. I should like to nominate her!

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 am

lovelikethis wrote:I hope the soundtrack will be just as good as CP1 and CP3's, or better. I just hope they won't make the female lead be annoying and loud, since it seems like they really love those types. I also hope the production crew won't turn GuJian into some Power Rangers-like drama.

I SO want Tang Yan to portray one of the three female characters though! Preferably that woman with the short hair who wears that reddish gown. She's one of the very few actresses in the industry today who *can* actually act, and she has that sharp, fierce look that would be perfect for the role. I should like to nominate her!

Yea Tang Yan should be able to take on the role. You can go to the website and just nominate by typing her chinese name into the box. Hopefully she would be shortlisted. =)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:06 am

You're right, Tangyan would fit the role quite well :| *hopeful*

XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:49 pm

I finished playing the game already. Shall not give too much spoilers. But definitely worth my USD$10 and probably worth making into a drama. Like the other PAL drama, the storyline would be altered to lengthen the scripts and spice up the story. But hope they don't change too much.

The ending isn't as bad as PAL1 but a little bit worse than PAL4. So probably some of the players or the drama fans will end up crying at the end :| But luckily for me, PAL1 and the drama is far worse, so didn't cry :(

I will try to capture some screenshots of the ending. :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

Wow, finished already? How many hours did it take?

I still haven't decided if I want to get myself spoiled on the story or not, lol.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Wow, finished already? How many hours did it take?

I still haven't decided if I want to get myself spoiled on the story or not, lol.

Let's see. Because my exams are around the corner, so I modified the attack stats of my characters to make it easier to kill the monsters. Even so I took like 20+hrs. Without which, it might easily take 40 over hrs I guess. The last boss was quite tough. And we have to fight it like 3 times ><

But frankly, the maze are getting easier and easier after each game they release. PAL1 was quite tough. But when it comes to PAL4 it was reduced to just riddles. For GuJian, it was not even riddles... Most of the mazes have a direct route to the end. A bit of twist and turns in between and some obstacles to clear. Overall easier than PAL4.

One thing, why isn't there a theme song for it? :| It would be nice because it is a good story.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:46 pm

oh what? No theme-song? :S What a shame!
It has some nice music though, right?

The mazes shouldn't be too bad since I played PAL1 in DOS/95 with the crazy mazes and came out alive, lol..(though it was kinda hectic)

It's good to know the game isn't too short though. I'd really like to play this at some stage, hmmm. :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

gujianbingwu
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: it is a classic game.

Postby gujianbingwu » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 am

Shaogong, a true mysterious person.
I played this game, I never know what his is until I played this game last!! :o

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:25 am

Yea I agree that at the start, it's impossible to tell Shaogong's intention. But they gave a lot of hints along the way. Even at one point, Shaogong already showed that he is hostile towards TuSu. So I wasn't too surprised. But the ending could have been a little bit better, somehow XianJian and related games just do not believe in miracles.

seanluusa
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby seanluusa » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:22 am

I think there is one theme song, released long time ago due to commercial propose, but I forgot the name....haha :(
All YOU NEED IS LOVE ---by BEATLES

DivineSwords
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xue Jian

Postby DivineSwords » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Voted 唐嫣(tang yi) for 晴雪 and 楊冪(yang mi) for 襄铃,but I get Ìá½»³É¹¦£¡ as reply. Does that mean my vote is accepted?

Return to “Other Xian Jian Related Games & Spin-offs”