Ending Spoiler Alert: 古剑奇谭 ending

Discussions on other Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan related games including Chinese Paladin Online (MMORPG), Xian Jian Inn, GuJianQiTan 古剑奇谭 and the New Xian Jian Online game 《新仙劍奇俠傳ONLINE》
soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Ending Spoiler Alert: 古剑奇谭 ending

Postby soulawaken » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I took some screenshots of the ending of the game. It's just for those of you who got no time to play the game but are interested to know the ending.

Basically the male lead character died. And the female lead character fulfilled their promise, traveled all over the places, helping those who need help. The sad part is that because the male lead did not have a complete set of soul in the first place, when he die, he's unable to proceed to his next life. Instead his soul got absorbed into a stone, which I supposed the female lead kept. The female lead told her god to give her a very long life, but as a result, she won't have a next life as well.

So unlike PAL which kept talking about lovers meeting up in their next life, the main characters here do not have a chance. So the female lead told herself, she will find a way to revive her loved one, before she die. If not, they will never see each other ever again. That's why I said the ending is far worse than PAL4 :|

Download link for the screenshots:
http://www.mediafire.com/?70ih47nvythns7n

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xu Changqing and Zi Xuan

Re: Ending Spoiler Alert: 古剑奇谭 ending

Postby lovelikethis » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:38 pm

That *is* sad. Thanks for telling us how the ending goes! Btw, what role does Nuwa play in this game? Do any female character's legs turn into a snake tail too?

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:43 am

NuWa played a role of fallen god in this game. I didn't get some of the storyline. But I think some humans made 7 dark swords which is powerful enough to fight with the ultimate god FuXi. So FuXi was furious and wanted to destroy that person, together with the swords. NuWa, being compassionate, sealed the 7 swords away, so that FuXi could not put the blame on the humans. And also, NuWa made a vow to FuXi, that is to retreat to deep mountains and never to step into human realm again.

NuWa sealed the swords at different villages. One of which is the village the male lead grew up in. When he was young, OuYangShaoGong, a god who was banished to human realm by FuXi for some reasons, came to the village to look for the sword. Half of OuYang's soul was trapped in the sword so he had to retrieve it before he dies. So the defenders of the seal fought to protect the sword, but was no match for OuYang. In a desperate attempt, the leader of the village sacrificed her child, the male lead, by fusing the sword spirit with his body. So now half of OuYang's soul is trapped in the male lead's body. At the same time, the evil aura of the sword spirit will slowly corrupt the male lead.

He was then rescued by an elder in a powerful sword Sect and the elder created a seal on the male lead's body to seal off the evil aura for the time being. If he don't remove the seal, he will die sooner or later when the evil aura take over him. If he forcefully remove the seal, he will die in 3 days and his spirit will be destroyed (in a sense). So it's a die-die situation. In the end, with a power from NuWa and a dark dragon, his body is able to control the evil aura for awhile. So he forcefully removed the seal and used the power to his advantage to defeat OuYang, but in the process, killing himself, probably because his soul and body is unable to withstand the full power of the sword.

Lastly, there isn't anyone turning into a snake in this game. lol
I think I gave too much spoilers... But this is for people who got no time to play the game.

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xu Changqing and Zi Xuan

Postby lovelikethis » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:20 pm

I like these kinds of spoilers, so it's never too much for me haha.. I wanna know the dirt. LOL
And thank you for taking your time out to type all that for us too.

So that's how it is. I like the Nuwa myth/story in Xian Jian better.

qsmyily
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Han Lingsha

Postby qsmyily » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:53 am

Ah....more spoilers please? :D (was the romance good? :D) I don't htink I'll have time to play the game....

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 pm

qsmyily wrote:Ah....more spoilers please? :D (was the romance good? :D) I don't htink I'll have time to play the game....

Frankly, you should classify it as a tragedy. The male lead only realised and confirmed his feelings for the female lead very late in the game. They promised to explore the world together and help those in need. So even though the male lead is dead, the female lead decided to fulfill their promise.

Romance for the villain was quite fine. The villain could not have a "next life" (because half his soul is locked in a sword) and is cursed to lead a lonely life. To keep himself alive, he have to transfer his soul over to another life body, killing the person in the process. He continued that for many centuries, but he realise that whenever his closed friends or loved ones found out about what he has been doing, they will leave him. So his desire to live slowly turn into hatred, hatred to everyone around him. Till he met his true loved one, a girl who don't mind about his wrongdoings. Sadly, a natural disaster came down and he thought that the girl is dead.

So he went on his plan, to reclaim the other half of his soul, so he can live on forever (or at least can have a "next life"). But he failed, so he came up with other plans to get his soul back from the male lead. In supplement to his plan, he tricked the male lead to travelling to an island to get a special type of herb from him. Using this herb, he developed a medicine, which will kill a person, but preserve the body of the person by inserting some sort of artificial soul in the person. So basically the person can't think or speak, but will stay alive. The villain planned to use this medicine on everyone around him, so everyone will stay with him.

But at the very end, he realise that the girl he loved was not dead and was looking for him all these years. When she finally found him, she aged and become an old lady. So she served him as a sort of caretaker but he did not recognised her. Over the years, she tried many means to stop his wrongdoings but failed. So at the end, she took a pill which would restore her youthful physical self but will kill her in three days. So after the villain was defeated by the male lead, they died together.

In my opinion, this game's story is filled of twists and turns, but the romance is far from Xian Jian 1 in strength. Frankly, it is weaker than Xian Jian 4. But good thing about this game is, the plot is well developed and a lot of suspense in the plot, which keeps you playing for a long time.

qsmyily
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Han Lingsha

Postby qsmyily » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:53 am

Oh...it's really unfortunate that I can't play it TT - TT (Thank you for the spoilers....~~~~)
What happened to the other characters, then?

doranikofu
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby doranikofu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LthF2kOQJyU
for those of you who wanna see the ending cg, here it is

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:04 pm

doranikofu wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LthF2kOQJyU
for those of you who wanna see the ending cg, here it is

Nice, i wanted to make a video of the ending CG also, but somehow my computer can't do it.

Anyway at the ending CG there're some texts, one of them mentioned about how the other characters were doing. The female lead's brother (the 6th main character) decided to die with the villain. Because it was the villain who saved him and gave him a new life so in the end he might as well return a favor, since he dislike living in his tribe anyway.

sherryZ
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ffff

Postby sherryZ » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Thank you for your description.

Ou Yang Shao gong ,"It's realy a wonderful ~~~feeling to read the plot in English."

seanluusa
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby seanluusa » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:18 am

soulawaken really did a good job on make this community to a higher level. 8)
All YOU NEED IS LOVE ---by BEATLES

Return to “Other Xian Jian Related Games & Spin-offs”