Chang Qing & Zi Xuan

Discussions on Chinese Paladin 3 drama (prequel), starring Hu Ge 胡歌 as Jing Tian, Yang Mi 楊冪 as Tang Xue Jian, Wallace Huo 霍建華 as Xu Changqing, Tang Yan 唐嫣 as Zi Xuan and Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗 as Long Kui.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Chang Qing & Zi Xuan

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue May 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Well that's odd. I wonder what other meaning it has. Maybe they were just fooling around, and since it was a program aimed at entertaining the audience, they were probably just making stuff up. Just seems logical. I'd do the same if it were me.

You're probably right XD

But what I cried were sad AND happy tears. Sad because they were separating, and I knew that they will never be able to be together again. Happy because he chose NOT to forget about the GOOD and SPECIAL woman who's the love of his life.

yes, a very bitter-sweet moment!! I would have been so mad if Changqing just drank it, seeing as Zi Xuan didn't even do it herself..

I'm pretty sure she still possessed her own heart. I assumed she just needed to claim Chong Lou's heart in order to slow down her aging. Btw, after she got Chong Lou's heart, did they mention anything about what would have happened to him? Like would his lifespan be shortened if he didn't have his heart?

I don't recall any consequences of Chong Lou not having a heart- maybe he doesn't need a heart? O_o (Then again, they mentioned the fox demon would have died if she gave up her heart to Zi Xuan- did that end up happening?) I thought Chong Lou was rather amusing- he was so lost/blank when his heart was stolen and wasn't one bit mad at Zi Xuan for doing so- he never even asked for it back XD The kiss must have left him..numb. He couldn't even react like a normal person would upon knowing the kiss was only an act. hehee.

Oh wow, you put it so perfectly! You only had to put this all in like, three or four sentences while I had to write a whole essay! LOL
"All that was required was her mere presence." -- Aww, this is a brilliant line you came up with.

lol, thanks XD

Yep! Actually when I first saw her (the Zixuan of the first lifetime) in a few of the youtube MVs I thought she was a completely different person than the Zixuan of the second and third lifetimes because she just looked SO young with the bangs. BUT at that time I was like you, I didn't know that there was a Yeping and Liufang either; I just thought it was all Changqing too, LOL. So that's why I even thought that Changqing had TWO love interests: one being the older and mature-looking Zixuan and the other one being the younger Zixuan (whom I didn't know WAS Zixuan at that time) with the bangs. And I kept on thinking, "who's that girl wearing that mask that Changqing keeps reaching for?" While watching those scenes of Zixuan appearing and disappearing from Changqing (which I then discovered were only dreams that he kept on having), there was just this completely different feel and mysterious aura about her that made the whole series seem even more intriguing for me, because something like this was SO DIFFERENT from the CP1 series.

LOL!! I was confused too.. I wasn't sure if Zi Xuan of first and second life were the same person as the third... BUT, my imagination didn't run as wild as to think Changqing was in a love-triangle with two girls, hehehehe ^^ OMG that would be so confusing for Changqing XD Then again, I didn't watch any music videos before seeing CP3 so I guess I didn't have room for imagination. Judging from the opening clip alone though, I thought Jing Tian knew Changqing in their previous life and that all their stories and life were entangled XD I'm glad I didn't get anything spoiled because that would take away all the thrill and mysteriousness!

And you know, in my opinion one of the best things about Zixuan and Changqing's love story is that Zixuan wasn't in love with a jerk, LOL. She wasn't in love with some guy who liked to mess around and flirt with other girls, and this is another reason why I love Changqing so much. He's just such.. a good guy, inward and outwardly. Zixuan has the best taste in men. LOL! And even though this is just a fictional story, I really admire the adoration, RESPECT, and REAL love between them.

Man, Zi Xuan sure was one lucky woman... she found the most perfect man ever!! XD XD XD It would have been so so horrible if Changqing was an idiot, and that he really was just leading her on, making her wait for 3 years for nothing. Other possible nightmares would be if Changqing changed drastically in his 2nd and third reincarnation :/ But thankfully none of that crap happens, hahah! Let's not even go there...lol Changqing is the perfect gentlemen, which is why Xue Jian's grandpa always felt he was the ONLY man for his beloved grand daughter, apart from the fact he's a priest.

Because of the closing credits though, I thought Changqing eventually does get married, so in the scene where Jing Tian tricks Chong Lou, saying they will fight after Changqing gets married, I was thinking 'Uh-oh!'

No, I completely understand everything you're saying! The things you say do make sense. I sometimes have a hard time expressing myself as well, because I'm constantly trying to figure out the right words to use that would make the most sense or that would feel right. I mean, I know how I feel about things, but sometimes I just can't find the right words for it so it takes me a longer time to write my responses. LOL

haha I think you express yourself brilliantly :) Very enjoyable reading what you have to say ^_^

By the way, there's something that's been on my mind lately. You know in the last episode where Zixuan and Changqing are about the drink the forgetful water? -- okay when exactly did Zixuan actually pour the water out? I thought she did that when Changqing was drinking his and wasn't looking at her, but whenever I re-watch that scene, it doesn't seem like she'd have enough time to pour the water out (since she kind of did it slowly in the flashback that we're shown); and even if she did, wouldn't he have heard the water hitting the ground?

I probably should re-watch this scene again ^^; I also assumed..she dripped the water off as Changqing was swallowing, so that he wasn't concentrating on her or the water dripping noise. When I watched it for the first time, I actually thought Zi Xuan did drink the water, and then the water came out of her tears, LOL! Silly me XD

Btw, I recently just watched the NGs of CP3 on youtube and wow, I must say that Wallace and Hu Ge not only get along so well on-screen but they get along even better off-screen lol. But that's because I noticed that they both have similar personalities and attitudes. And then Tiffany just laughed too much LOL. It looked like Wallace took their filming scenes a lot more seriously than she did. Was CP3 her first time acting in a film?

Yup, Tang Yan is a new actress and only acted in a handful of other series (not sure how main her roles were), lol..she did laugh a lot, especially the part when she was doing those arm moving actions with Changqing at the water. Then again, Wallace had a good share of his own laughing parts "Tu Ling Zhu??" LOL I watched that NG clip so many times since Wallace looks too adorable ^.^
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xu Changqing and Zi Xuan

Postby lovelikethis » Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:You're probably right XD

No, actually I was wrong. I went back to rewatch episode 17 and both Changqing and Zixuan said the same exact thing at the end (before jumping off the cliff). So Tiffany and Wallace weren't just making stuff up, because they even said those lines in the series. Seriously, how could I have forgotten this? But anyhow, if you rewatch it, you'll understand its deeper meaning.

I don't recall any consequences of Chong Lou not having a heart- maybe he doesn't need a heart? O_o (Then again, they mentioned the fox demon would have died if she gave up her heart to Zi Xuan- did that end up happening?)

Yeah, I need to find time to rewatch the series. I do, however, remember Shenggu telling Zixuan something about Chong Lou's heart being better than other demons' hearts so if she wanted to slow down her aging, she'd have to get his heart (something like that).

she found the most perfect man ever!! Changqing is the perfect gentlemen, which is why Xue Jian's grandpa always felt he was the ONLY man for his beloved grand daughter, apart from the fact he's a priest.

Changqing really is the most perfect man. He's on a level that no other man can even begin to touch or even fanthom. But in my opinion, if it weren't for Wallace Huo's fantastic acting abilities, the character of Xu Changqing probably wouldn't have turned out so good. So for me, Changqing + Wallace = Perfect man. LOL. It's just the best thing ever that Wallace is one of the most GOOD-LOOKING and HANDSOME man in the world! And yes, I CAN say something as extreme as that because it's true for me, lol.

I probably should re-watch this scene again ^^; I also assumed..she dripped the water off as Changqing was swallowing, so that he wasn't concentrating on her or the water dripping noise. When I watched it for the first time, I actually thought Zi Xuan did drink the water, and then the water came out of her tears, LOL! Silly me XD

That's a really creative way of thinking about it though! But yeah, this scene was just confusing for me. I've rewatched it several times already and still can't figure it out. Maybe Zixuan really did just pour it out while he was drinking from his leaf. Or maybe.. she did a spell and created the illusion of her drinking it? Maybe not.

Yup, Tang Yan is a new actress and only acted in a handful of other series (not sure how main her roles were), lol..she did laugh a lot, especially the part when she was doing those arm moving actions with Changqing at the water. Then again, Wallace had a good share of his own laughing parts "Tu Ling Zhu??" LOL I watched that NG clip so many times since Wallace looks too adorable ^.^

Me too, I love rewatching that scene of Wallace laughing. I also really REALLY love Wallace's real voice. It's like the perfect voice, for me anyways lol. Also, CP3 is actually the very first time I've watched him act. I never paid attention to him until now, and wow I can say with complete certainty that he's one of the best actors ever.

I love the thought too! It is so exciting and the chemistry is crazy XD! Oh my..they are so so compatible! I loved that he was given one of the best backstories and was so happy for the amount of screen time he got

When I think about this, even though Changqing and Zixuan's love story was supposed to be a backstory, it's actually kind of not either. And it's not just because they both got equal screentime as Jing Tian and Xue Jian, but also because they're the couple who gets the most songs dedicated to them (and from my perspective, even the ending theme song better suits their relationship too). It's like their relationship parallels that of Jing Tian and Xue Jian, even though JT and XJ are the main couple. It's just that the two love stories are different. I hope I'm making sense lol.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri May 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah, I need to find time to rewatch the series. I do, however, remember Shenggu telling Zixuan something about Chong Lou's heart being better than other demons' hearts so if she wanted to slow down her aging, she'd have to get his heart (something like that).

Oh really? I somehow must have completely skipped that XD I do intend to rewatch CP3 again sometime :D heheeh!

But in my opinion, if it weren't for Wallace Huo's fantastic acting abilities, the character of Xu Changqing probably wouldn't have turned out so good. So for me, Changqing + Wallace = Perfect man. LOL. It's just the best thing ever that Wallace is one of the most GOOD-LOOKING and HANDSOME man in the world! And yes, I CAN say something as extreme as that because it's true for me, lol.

YES!!! What I really wanted to say was Wallace's portrayal of Changqing was perfect! He really is good looking too!!! When I first saw him, I thought he was alright looking, but the more I watched it, the more I realised just HOW handsome and gorgeous he was! I love how he frowns, but the occasional times he does smile from being embarrassed or happy is extremely cute too! The scene where Changqing and Zi Xuan are in the flying boat and she teases him for always frowning was adorable! "Can't do much, I'm born like that" lol... Wish we could have seen more little moments like that with the two of them enjoying themselves :) So cute seeing his reaction when Zi Xuan plays with his ears and he gets ticklish, ehehehe ^^ Also realised that's one of the few only scenes where Zi Xuan flirts with him playfully- other times are usually much more serious.

Me too, I love rewatching that scene of Wallace laughing. I also really REALLY love Wallace's real voice. It's like the perfect voice, for me anyways lol. Also, CP3 is actually the very first time I've watched him act. I never paid attention to him until now, and wow I can say with complete certainty that he's one of the best actors ever.

I've never seen Wallace Huo or Tang Yang before CP3- never heard of them actually XD But yes, after seeing their performance I'd love to watch them again in other dramas :)! Love Wallace's real voice too!! Though I think Zi Xuan's dubbing voice wasn't bad, since it made her sound more elegant and slightly older. She's pretty young I think (some sources claim she's born 1986, others suggest otherwise) Not sure how old she really is XD

When I think about this, even though Changqing and Zixuan's love story was supposed to be a backstory, it's actually kind of not either. And it's not just because they both got equal screentime as Jing Tian and Xue Jian, but also because they're the couple who gets the most songs dedicated to them (and from my perspective, even the ending theme song better suits their relationship too). It's like their relationship parallels that of Jing Tian and Xue Jian, even though JT and XJ are the main couple. It's just that the two love stories are different. I hope I'm making sense lol.

Yesh =) I am so so grateful the script writers developed them so well! I'm also pretty happy with their themesongs- 'Insist on Love" and "Promise to not love you", they are beautiful! I don't think Jing Tian and Xue Jian even have their own themesong as a couple..? Even Blue Bird Flying Fish's "Never Exchange" I associate it with Changqing & Zi Xuan more (keeps reminding me of the scene where Zi Xuan saves Changqing in first encounter)- or maybe I just don't pay much attention to the other two ^^;

In comparison, there's nothing too special about Jing Tian and Xue Jian's relationship. They meet each other, bicker and argue like teenagers, fall in love and that's about it. It just happens to be a bonus that Xue Jian is a fruit born from Xi yao's longing for Fei Peng. And they're not even really related :?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Sat May 15, 2010 10:44 am

When I first saw him, I thought he was alright looking, but the more I watched it, the more I realised just HOW handsome and gorgeous he was!

I agree COMPLETELY! Same thing happened to me.

I love how he frowns, but the occasional times he does smile from being embarrassed or happy is extremely cute too!

Exactly how I feel! LOL

The scene where Changqing and Zi Xuan are in the flying boat and she teases him for always frowning was adorable! "Can't do much, I'm born like that" lol... Wish we could have seen more little moments like that with the two of them enjoying themselves :) So cute seeing his reaction when Zi Xuan plays with his ears and he gets ticklish, ehehehe ^^ Also realised that's one of the few only scenes where Zi Xuan flirts with him playfully- other times are usually much more serious.

I thought Changqings' "Can't do much, I was born like that" was the perfect response to Zixuan's comment, lol. It always makes me smile. I also LOVED that scene where Zixuan plays with his ear because the reaction on Changqing's face cracks me up. He acted so cute there. There are so many scenes of Zixuan-Changqing interactions that are so precious and adorable. Like that scene during their wedding night when Zixuan grabs his hand to stop him from drinking, leans in to kiss him lightly, and then he SMILES WIDE, gets all happy and excited and tries to kiss her again, and then she stops him and tells him, "Not yet." LOL so funny.

Though I think Zi Xuan's dubbing voice wasn't bad, since it made her sound more elegant and slightly older. She's pretty young I think (some sources claim she's born 1986, others suggest otherwise) Not sure how old she really is XD

I actually love Zixuan's dubbed voice (for the reasons you mentioned). I should probably read up on her too.

Yesh =) I am so so grateful the script writers developed them so well! I'm also pretty happy with their themesongs- 'Insist on Love" and "Promise to not love you", they are beautiful! I don't think Jing Tian and Xue Jian even have their own themesong as a couple..? Even Blue Bird Flying Fish's "Never Exchange" I associate it with Changqing & Zi Xuan more (keeps reminding me of the scene where Zi Xuan saves Changqing in first encounter)- or maybe I just don't pay much attention to the other two ^^;

No, I don't think JT and XJ have their own theme song. Perhaps there might be some lyrics in the ending theme that directly pertains to their relationship, but I don't know since I haven't been able to read the whole english translation for it. Otherwise, nope, there aren't any songs that fit JT and XJ's relationship.

The Blue Bird Flying Fish song is also supposed to be Changqing and Zixuan's song too. I went back to watch episode 18 and a verse in that song goes like: ""I won't finish the waters of forgetfulness, cause I don't want to lose you."

In comparison, there's nothing too special about Jing Tian and Xue Jian's relationship. They meet each other, bicker and argue like teenagers, fall in love and that's about it. It just happens to be a bonus that Xue Jian is a fruit born from Xi yao's longing for Fei Peng. And they're not even really related :?

Agree!

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue May 18, 2010 12:51 pm

I thought Changqings' "Can't do much, I was born like that" was the perfect response to Zixuan's comment, lol. It always makes me smile. I also LOVED that scene where Zixuan plays with his ear because the reaction on Changqing's face cracks me up. He acted so cute there. There are so many scenes of Zixuan-Changqing interactions that are so precious and adorable. Like that scene during their wedding night when Zixuan grabs his hand to stop him from drinking, leans in to kiss him lightly, and then he SMILES WIDE, gets all happy and excited and tries to kiss her again, and then she stops him and tells him, "Not yet." LOL so funny.

haha, that was cute! And a bit awkward though since he had absolutely no clue what to do, whereas she appeared more experienced and informed (though it's also her first time, lol)

I actually love Zixuan's dubbed voice (for the reasons you mentioned). I should probably read up on her too.

I want to watch more series with her in it :) Maybe 'Pandamen'? hmmmmm....

No, I don't think JT and XJ have their own theme song. Perhaps there might be some lyrics in the ending theme that directly pertains to their relationship, but I don't know since I haven't been able to read the whole english translation for it. Otherwise, nope, there aren't any songs that fit JT and XJ's relationship.

Have you by any chance checked out the other forum topic about the opening themesong lyrics? It has bits of Changqing and Zi Xuan as well :) Anything related to these two make me excited XD

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1707

The Blue Bird Flying Fish song is also supposed to be Changqing and Zixuan's song too. I went back to watch episode 18 and a verse in that song goes like: ""I won't finish the waters of forgetfulness, cause I don't want to lose you."

Oh really? haha, I should go check it out. I have the English translations posted here: http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/never-exchange-此生不換-blue-bird-flying-fish-song-download-lyrics-translations

You know what I was thinking? We have written so much about this couple it would be wonderful to compile parts together and have it posted in {Undying Love} :) ah..need to get around to that sometime ^.^
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Tue May 18, 2010 7:07 pm

I want to watch more series with her in it :) Maybe 'Pandamen'? hmmmmm....

I was just thinking about that today, haha. Tiffany has become one of my favorite actresses, so if a movie or series comes out with her as the main lead in it (hopefully one with a good storyline, that is), I'd definitely WANT to watch it. But if she only plays a minor role, I don't think I'll check it out UNLESS I think it's an awesome and interesting small role.

Aside from that, I'm discovering that the more I watch Wallace and Tiffany's chemistry in CP3, the more I really want them to be in another series (or just a movie is fine) together as a couple again! Although I don't know what the chances of something like that ever happening again. [sigh*]

Have you by any chance checked out the other forum topic about the opening themesong lyrics? It has bits of Changqing and Zi Xuan as well :) Anything related to these two make me excited XD

I have, I've been all over this forum reading as much as I can about CP (the game version, CP1, CP3) heheh. I've sort of become obsessed LOL. But yeah, I love love LOVE the opening theme song lyrics! The translation (and I have to thank God for translating it) is so well-written and the lyrics are mind-blowing; I read them while listening to the opening theme on youtube so that I could get into the feel of the whole song, and it made me realise just how powerful the song really is (all because of how it sounds combined with how deep and meaningful the lyrics are). I also love the fact that the opening was sung about all the characters (JT, XJ, LK, CQ, Zixuan) and how it mentions each couple's circumstances of devotion, love and separations. It's the perfect theme song for CP3. The parts of the lyrics that I LOVE THE MOST are of course all the parts that pertain to Changqing and Zixuan. I think it's their parts that make the song all the better, LOL. But anyhow, the song is pure love for me. =]

Oh really? haha, I should go check it out. I have the English translations posted here: http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/never-exchange-此生不換-blue-bird-flying-fish-song-download-lyrics-translations

Already read that too, lol. However, I find it strange how your translated version doesn't really have that line in it. It does say 'forgetting spring' but the meaning's so different. I do know for sure that there are the Chinese words for 'drink' and 'no' in that verse, so it does talk about not drinking. And that's all I know LOL.

You know what I was thinking? We have written so much about this couple it would be wonderful to compile parts together and have it posted in {Undying Love} :) ah..need to get around to that sometime ^.^

That's a good idea. But there are a lot of run-on sentences in what I've written LOL, so if you do do that, it'd probably be best to do some revising on my parts. But just letting you know that if you need suggestions or help on compiling any of this, you're welcome to ask me (although I think you've pretty much got it handled on your own). =)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 am

Aside from that, I'm discovering that the more I watch Wallace and Tiffany's chemistry in CP3, the more I really want them to be in another series (or just a movie is fine) together as a couple again! Although I don't know what the chances of something like that ever happening again. [sigh*]

Yeah..I wish I could see more of them together but the chances of that happening is really slim...considering they're not from the same agency and the amount of Chinese artists there are makes the probability even slimmer. It's not impossible, but feels unlikely unless they're really popular together- which is what happened with Hu Ge and Ariel Lin, they played in a few dramas together, or like Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi collaborating since they're from the same company. It was such a shame Wallace didn't take part in Fantasy Zhu Xian, where most of the Chinese Paladin 3 cast participated including Tang Yan. Damn, what a miss of an opportunity!

I have, I've been all over this forum reading as much as I can about CP (the game version, CP1, CP3) heheh. I've sort of become obsessed LOL.

Oh that's great! haha, I wasn't sure since you only seem to be posting in a handful of topics (mainly this one, and the hate topic of CP1)

But yeah, I love love LOVE the opening theme song lyrics! The translation (and I have to thank God for translating it) is so well-written and the lyrics are mind-blowing; I read them while listening to the opening theme on youtube so that I could get into the feel of the whole song, and it made me realise just how powerful the song really is (all because of how it sounds combined with how deep and meaningful the lyrics are). I also love the fact that the opening was sung about all the characters (JT, XJ, LK, CQ, Zixuan) and how it mentions each couple's circumstances of devotion, love and separations. It's the perfect theme song for CP3. The parts of the lyrics that I LOVE THE MOST are of course all the parts that pertain to Changqing and Zixuan. I think it's their parts that make the song all the better, LOL. But anyhow, the song is pure love for me. =]

lol.."thank God"- what a pun.. xD

I love the song as a whole package :) Even the title alone "Love in Every lifetime" or "Love you in Every life" is very fitting! I didn't think all the love references were cheesy at all, they're so powerful and moving. On a random note, I tried singing this at karaoke the other week, and it was kinda tricky, lol! I practically ran out of breath after a few verses. I wish there was ping yin available so I know how to pronounce all the words.. I really want to sing "Pian Ai"/Insist on Love but couldn't find the artist at Karaoke, damn! (Just curious, what nationality are you?)

Already read that too, lol. However, I find it strange how your translated version doesn't really have that line in it. It does say 'forgetting spring' but the meaning's so different. I do know for sure that there are the Chinese words for 'drink' and 'no' in that verse, so it does talk about not drinking. And that's all I know LOL.

I could be wrong, since I just got that from drama wiki (which is known to have mistakes)- I much preferred if God translated it, lol. He does an amazing job.. Maybe if I beg he'll do this one too 8D

That's a good idea. But there are a lot of run-on sentences in what I've written LOL, so if you do do that, it'd probably be best to do some revising on my parts. But just letting you know that if you need suggestions or help on compiling any of this, you're welcome to ask me (although I think you've pretty much got it handled on your own). =)

It's always wonderful having others contribute, especially to a fansite. Plus it's more fun hearing different people's opinion ^_^ It's been a real pleasure having these discussions with you, otherwise I'd have no one to talk about it to, lol!
You are very welcome to contribute anything to the site too!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Wed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

On a random note, I tried singing this at karaoke the other week, and it was kinda tricky, lol! I practically ran out of breath after a few verses. I wish there was ping yin available so I know how to pronounce all the words.. I really want to sing "Pian Ai"/Insist on Love but couldn't find the artist at Karaoke, damn!

That sounds like fun. Usually my friends and I just sing along with the song (I guess it's not really considered karaoke that way, lol). But yeah, I've never actually gone to a karaoke, so I wouldn't know.

(Just curious, what nationality are you?)

Singaporean, but born and raised in the U.S.

It's always wonderful having others contribute, especially to a fansite. Plus it's more fun hearing different people's opinion ^_^ It's been a real pleasure having these discussions with you, otherwise I'd have no one to talk about it to, lol!
You are very welcome to contribute anything to the site too!

I'm happy to have contributed as much as I could. The reason why I signed up for this forum was to correspond with other members about Changqing and Zixuan in this thread, since I saw that there weren't many people talking about them. Seeing how this thread was initially so inactive, I felt compelled to sign up and show that hey, somebody else, not just you, actually cares about this couple a lot (well at least cares enough to have so much to say about them and take the time out to write it all out). The other reason why I did this is to pay homage to Changqing and Zixuan, 'cause they're worth it and I feel like it's necessary of me. I'm still pretty baffled that it's just us who are engaged in this discussion; I'm surprised there aren't more Changqing and Zixuan fans (since their love-story is so pure and unique). Oh well though, everybody's got their own niche. =]

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed May 19, 2010 7:01 pm

lovelikethis wrote:That sounds like fun. Usually my friends and I just sing along with the song (I guess it's not really considered karaoke that way, lol). But yeah, I've never actually gone to a karaoke, so I wouldn't know.

Oh, you should give it a go sometime, it's actually quite fun =) I got all my friends into it too ^^; They were all very hesitant at first.. "what? KARAOKE??" lol, they were embarrassed by the idea..but once they tried, they all really got into it, it's a nice activity for friends :)

(Just curious, what nationality are you?)
Singaporean, but born and raised in the U.S.

Ohh, okies that's cool =) I'm Chinese born and raised in Australia ^_^

I'm happy to have contributed as much as I could. The reason why I signed up for this forum was to correspond with other members about Changqing and Zixuan in this thread, since I saw that there weren't many people talking about them. Seeing how this thread was initially so inactive, I felt compelled to sign up and show that hey, somebody else, not just you, actually cares about this couple a lot (well at least cares enough to have so much to say about them and take the time out to write it all out). The other reason why I did this is to pay homage to Changqing and Zixuan, 'cause they're worth it and I feel like it's necessary of me. I'm still pretty baffled that it's just us who are engaged in this discussion; I'm surprised there aren't more Changqing and Zixuan fans (since their love-story is so pure and unique). Oh well though, everybody's got their own niche. =]

I don't understand either! I would have thought there would be much much more. In other forums I see (topics which are also all inactive) most of them talk about Jing Tian and Xue Jian and that's about it. What a shame! I got disappointed too when I started this topic and it was so empty and quiet.. I do believe fans exist out there though, so {Undying Love} the fanlisting was created to prove it, haha. So far there's 16 fans- not an awful lot but hopefully overtime there will be once people find it =) I also find it a bit of a shame I created this fansite relatively late (because I watched the drama late)- and by the time I had finished, many moved onto other drama already.

This couple is so special I just had to make a tribute.. :oops:
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Thu May 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Oh, you should give it a go sometime, it's actually quite fun =) I got all my friends into it too ^^; They were all very hesitant at first.. "what? KARAOKE??" lol, they were embarrassed by the idea..but once they tried, they all really got into it, it's a nice activity for friends :)

I'm sure I'll enjoy it since I love singing (and I'm not shy at all either).. =] Unfortunately, there aren't any karaoke bars/places where I'm at, much less karaoke places where they can play Chinese songs (I'd love to sing Pian Ai as well). Otherwise I would have already done it, lol. But whenever I do get a chance to karaoke, I will.

I don't understand either! I would have thought there would be much much more. In other forums I see (topics which are also all inactive) most of them talk about Jing Tian and Xue Jian and that's about it. What a shame! I got disappointed too when I started this topic and it was so empty and quiet.. I do believe fans exist out there though, so {Undying Love} the fanlisting was created to prove it, haha. So far there's 16 fans- not an awful lot but hopefully overtime there will be once people find it =) I also find it a bit of a shame I created this fansite relatively late (because I watched the drama late)- and by the time I had finished, many moved onto other drama already.

I don't know, it's weird how CP3 is so much more popular (in China) than the first series, yet there's hardly anybody who's talking about it. I keep thinking that perhaps there are more non-english speaking fans of Changqing and Zixuan than there are english-speaking fans. I know it's a silly thought, but it just seems that way to me so I can't help it, haha. Even on youtube when I read the comments left on CP3 MVs, it's usually always the comments that are written in Chinese that have the most ratings.
Oh well, even though it's a shame that there aren't more, like you say hopefully there will be as time goes on.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun May 23, 2010 5:46 pm

lovelikethis wrote:I'm sure I'll enjoy it since I love singing (and I'm not shy at all either).. =] Unfortunately, there aren't any karaoke bars/places where I'm at, much less karaoke places where they can play Chinese songs (I'd love to sing Pian Ai as well). Otherwise I would have already done it, lol. But whenever I do get a chance to karaoke, I will.

YAY! I went to another karaoke yesterday to celebrate my birthday, and I sang both the opening and Pian ai!! Love it!! I feel like my life is complete XD So happy they had both songs ^___^!! Also, I'm planning to write up the pingyin for the opening song so you can sing along too =D Hope you do get the chance one day!

I don't know, it's weird how CP3 is so much more popular (in China) than the first series, yet there's hardly anybody who's talking about it. I keep thinking that perhaps there are more non-english speaking fans of Changqing and Zixuan than there are english-speaking fans. I know it's a silly thought, but it just seems that way to me so I can't help it, haha. Even on youtube when I read the comments left on CP3 MVs, it's usually always the comments that are written in Chinese that have the most ratings.
Oh well, even though it's a shame that there aren't more, like you say hopefully there will be as time goes on.

I think there are a lot of fans of them in Chinese. There's lots of groups from sites like baidu based on the two, or their characters. I think overall in general there aren't many English c-drama fansites out there. It may also not be talked as much because people aren't familiar with the actors as much since they haven't been in many dramas. There was a lot more talk in the first drama because of actresses like Liu Yifei who was already really popular. But nevertheless, Changqing and Zi Xuan rockkkkksss!

They deserve more attention!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Mon May 24, 2010 4:05 pm

I think overall in general there aren't many English c-drama fansites out there. It may also not be talked as much because people aren't familiar with the actors as much since they haven't been in many dramas. There was a lot more talk in the first drama because of actresses like Liu Yifei who was already really popular. But nevertheless, Changqing and Zi Xuan rockkkkksss!

I agree!

On a slightly different note: Happy belated birthday!! =P

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 am

Hey~ I finally got around to compiling those thoughts together :D
I end up separting them into different articles:

Changqing and Zi Xuan: Fate, love and letting go
http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/c ... letting-go

Zi Xuan loving selflessly
http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/z ... selflessly

Zi Xuan as a Nuwa descendant
http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/z ... descendant

These aren't linked on the site yet- I wanted you to have a look and see if there's anything you'd like changed/added etc before it gets published :D No rush to these but it would be wonderful if you can get back to me sometime ^_^

Oh, I also added something here:

http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/t ... -from-fans

Feel free to add more to it/edit/change it. Besides, this space is for you ^_^

Thankssss!

I'm hoping to put some more together too.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Aww, thanks for asking me to have a look at them beforehand. I hadn't expected this and got all flattered, haha.

anyhow, I checked the links earlier already and they all worked fine, but for some reason the second and third links have an error and can't be found anymore. Could you fix them so that I can re-read what you have?

Oh! Btw, I wanted to ask you about your opinion on the dreams that Changqing (and Yeping) kept having of Zixuan. I mean, how did you interpret them? j/w

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Whoops, you're right! They didn't work..

I've updated the links now and everything should be good :)

(I'll be back to answer your question XD)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “Chinese Paladin 3 仙劍奇俠傳 3”