Nicknames for Characters?

Discussions on Chinese Paladin 3 drama (prequel), starring Hu Ge 胡歌 as Jing Tian, Yang Mi 楊冪 as Tang Xue Jian, Wallace Huo 霍建華 as Xu Changqing, Tang Yan 唐嫣 as Zi Xuan and Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗 as Long Kui.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

tangyanzixuan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zi Xuan

Nicknames for Characters?

Postby tangyanzixuan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:02 am

My sister and I prefer to call the characters by nicknames that we make up in English, so that our parents have more trouble understanding what we're trying to say. I'd like to know if you guys have better nicknames than us. We amused ourselves with what we came up with anyway. And, is this in the right place? I know the nicknames are for Chinese Paladin 3, but isn't this more like Member's Hangout or something? Not sure. Anyway, we did:
Xue Jian => Snow See
Long Kui => Dragon Sunflower
Jing Tian => Well Sky
Zi Xuan => Purple (we didn't want to say purple grass)
Chang Qin => White Tofu
Xu Mao Shan => Bread Bread (take a guess why, hint: my sister first heard mao mao as baobao)
Chong Lou => we just put two fingers on our head, because that's what Yang Mi (actress of Xue Jian) did to mean him

So, does anyone else have other? Because I'd like to know what. Or, probably just called them by their normal regular names.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Nicknames for Characters?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:34 pm

My friend used these nicknames:

Jing Tian: Hero guy
Xue Jian: Missy
Changqing: Skilled Guy

lol. That is, until he learned to pronounce their names ^_^
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

tangyanzixuan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby tangyanzixuan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Is this still active? The oldest posts I've seen are from August 2010... And this saddens me:( Anyone out there? I still check on here periodically.

blizzardovic
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xue Jian

Postby blizzardovic » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Xue Jian => Winter? As you can see it only on winter
Jing Tian => Present? I take JT as today which is present
:)

tangyanzixuan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby tangyanzixuan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh yeah Jingtian haha. I like the JT that you made especially because J.T is a common nickname nowadays. :) Nice to see that you're at least one person on this forum alive!!! :)

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:30 pm

I think I will stick to their nickname in the drama 8)

Jing Tian = Chou Tofu
Xue Jian = Sow/Pig
ChangQing = White Tofu
Xu Maoshan = Mao Mao
Chonglou = Red Hair

:D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 am

I thought Vegetable Tooth was a really bad nickname...lol..very lame.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I thought Vegetable Tooth was a really bad nickname...lol..very lame.

Hahaha ! I just remembered that also ! LOL

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 pm

I prefer acknowledging them by their actual names, but sometimes I think of Jing Tian as Sedum or View Sky, Xue Jian as Snow See, Xiao Kui as Nightshade, Zi Xuan as Purple Daylily, Chong Lou as Red Fur, and Hua Ying as Jacaranda.

The main charries are actually named after plants or genus of plants, except for that Mao Shan guy, since he's not actually a main character in the game.

Jing Tian = Sedum (The plants in the genus Sedum have upright stems, robust blades, and they look vibrant, just like Jing Tian himself.)
Xue Jian = Salvia plebeia (This plant can be used to reduce fever and to cure poison, which matches with the Tang Sect's ability to use poison. On top of this plant's swaying stems are tiny, spiky inflorescences, which suit Xue Jian's personality of being strong on the outside, but delicate on the inside.)
Long Kui = Black Nightshade, or Dragon Helianthus if it's word for word (Black Nightshades, alike the Salvia plebeia, are also used to reduce fever and to cure poison, and that represents that the love that Xue Jian has for Jing Tian and the love that Long Kui has for him are equal. Black Nightshades have little white flowers and bear fruit that look like black pearls, which give off a delicate and charming feeling, just like Xiao Kui ^^ )
Zi Xuan = Purple Hemerocallis fulva (Note that Hemerocallis fulva cannot be purple, so her full name is not an actual plant. The Hemerocallis fulva is also known as the "Forget Sorrows Plant", which contains the pity and sympathy that Zi Xuan's creator has for her, since Zi Xuan is a tragic character who has been with Chang Qing for lifetimes, yet she is destined to be apart from him...)
Xu Chang Qing = Cynanchum paniculatum (The plants in this genus look tender and mellow, but the strength of the medical effects cannot be ignored, just like a true hero.)
Chong Lou = Paris polyphylla (The Paris polyphylla is also in the Liliaceae family, just like the Hemerocallis fulva, so there's nothing strange with Chong Lou liking Zi Xuan XD Also, the Paris polyphylla's blades look like a green flower altogether; it's extremely distinct, just like Mister Red Fur.)
Hua Ying = Jacaranda mimosifolia (This blue flower has a demeanor of coyness and fear of trusting others, just like the Five Poison Beast, Hua Ying.)

Note that I've never watched the drama series and am not planning to.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 3 仙劍奇俠傳 3”