My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussions on Chinese Paladin 3 drama (prequel), starring Hu Ge 胡歌 as Jing Tian, Yang Mi 楊冪 as Tang Xue Jian, Wallace Huo 霍建華 as Xu Changqing, Tang Yan 唐嫣 as Zi Xuan and Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗 as Long Kui.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 (Ep 2/37)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Woot! Finally got around to watching more Chinese Paladin 3!

I end up re-watching Episode 1 again because it's been too long since I watched it and kinda forgot what happened...

Anyways, the story seems okay so far. The vampire bits REALLY scare me though! lol..... I was covering my eyes in some parts when they just popped out >.< I hope the whole story isn't about vampires because that would really freak me out! :|

Yang Mi is slightly annoying at the moment, I don't particularly like her dubbing voice- I also thought Wallace's voice is a bit too deep (not quite what I imagined..)

Can't wait to see the other characters :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 (Ep 5/37)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 pm

I just finished watching episode 5...and not much seems to be happening- just more vampire stuff... SO SCARY!!!! XD XD :shock:

So far I'm not particularly fond of either Yang Mi or Hu Ge...they seem kinda annoying. There were some cute moments I liked though, like their kissing scene (lol) and the times when they're less stubborn and nice towards each other. They're constantly bickering which can get a bit annoying... I hope this doesn't keep going for the whole series!

kisss.jpg

hehehe..what a long kiss!

I also find that little poison-cure thing a bit weird..does it exist in the real game or is it made up? The actress for it is kinda weird @_@

So far I enjoy watching Wallace, hehee... can't wait till he meets the lady in purple ^.^

I'm still not too familiar with their character names, hopefully I'll get used to it :D
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 (Ep 9/37)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:53 pm

whooopppeeeeeeee! I just finished watching episode 9, where I just met the girl in purple, Zi Xuan!.. Very interesting, I had no idea she is a Nu Wa descendant! Yay for Chinese Paladin 1 references!

In episode 8 we also met Long Kui, who I must say wasn't what I imagined ^^; I had an idea she was Jing Tian's sister but didn't know she was this young. She reminds me an lot of Ling'er, appearance wise and personality wise. Her turning "evil" or red is really cool though!! Not sure what kind of possession that is @_@ I hope she can..fight!

So far what kept me most interested in the story is Chang Qing. There's just something about him that makes his story so intriguing, especially knowing he has/going to have a love interest..I'm really keen on watching it develop and see where it goes :) He's so charming and serious..such a contrast to Jing Tian. Having said that, I really liked watching their chemistry... especially the part where Chang Qing was near death the first time and Jing Tian did everything he could to save him. Even though Jing Tian can be rather silly (and annoying at times when it's over done), he's a good person who really cares about the people around him =) That makes him very admirable... I really like the parts where Jing Tian gets out of his way to help his friends he genuinely cares about :)

We also start seeing his concern and care of Xue Jian after she was abandoned and kicked out of her house.. I feel pretty bad for her, and thought Yang Mi did a good job with the crying scenes too.. Oh oh, and I loved the sword thing..

I love that we finally see some kind of "fighting scene" from Hu Ge... I wonder when he'll learn to fight..? But nevertheless, his connection/bond with the sword is really entertaining.

Jing Tian's fat friend is also so so funny XD XD XD He's so dopey in a really cute way, eheheh! The main villain Chong Lou looks like a bad person but judging from his interaction with Jing Tian there seems to be more to his character too :) I mean, he's a bad-ass but still trusted Jing Tian with his made up promises- it just goes to show how much respect(?) he has for Jing Tian's previous life.

By the way, could someone please explain to me what Chong Lou wants from Jing Tian? They mention something but I couldn't quite understand it.

Ah, can;t wait to watch more ^.^
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Opi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yun Tian He

Postby Opi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:23 am

Chong Lou wants to fight with Jing Tian to see which one of them is stronger
thats basically what he wants

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:14 am

Oh really? I thought he wanted to obtain something~ I guess I got it then XD

♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 (Ep 12/37)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:12 am

yay, I just watched another 3 episodes..up to episode 12 now! I must say it's getting really good, and I love watching Chang Qing and Zi Xuan.. They finally interact and meet for the "first" time.. :D So much chemistryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :oops: Damn, I can't get enough of them!

In these episodes we discover Long Kui's and Long Yang's history, their past and I must say was pretty good watch! When Jing Tian slapped Long Kui upon seeing she really "turns red" and hurt his friends, I thought it reminded me a lot of Ling'er when Xiao Yao saw her as a snake.. Just as she was about to explain she gets taken away...

I'm glad the truth comes out pretty soon though! I've grown to like Long Kui and find her back story quite sad.. I loved the scenes when she, Xue Jian and Jing Tian go spying on the fox-lady..it's hilarious XD I hope Xue Jian leaves a stronger impression on me though... Can she atcually fight..?

At the end of episode 12, Chang Qing is about to get rid of Long Kui :shock: I hope...it doesn't actually happen!! That can't be the end of her..right?

Can't wait to see what happens >.<
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 (Ep 24/37)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Well..since I last wrote, I just finished watching episode 24... I went on a Chinese Paladin 3 marathon!! I'll probably watch more after I write this up..

I can officially say my favourite couple in Chang Qing and Zi Xuan!!!! ♥♥♥ :oops: I love watching them soooo much! I really like Chang Qing's character and seeing his interaction with Zi Xuan is so so romantic! I really enjoyed watching their past, and the two lives they were together.. what a breathtaking tale!! :oops: :oops: It helps that Chang Wing is so adorably handsome and Zi Xuan is so beautiful >.< Best part is they can both fight :D I've gone pretty obsessed with them, haha! Their chemistry is crazy.

On the other hand, I actually found myself bored/annoyed with Xue Jian :/ I hate to say this but I found Yang Mi's portrayal of her just irritating. Sure, I wouldn't mind a bit of stubbornness and a bit of bickering, but I think it's a bit too extreme. Her character constantly acts like an immature spoilt brat...and this happens all the way up until now where she and Jing Tian get together. They did share some cute scenes together but for the most part it just got really boring IMHO.. The part which annoyed me a lot was when Jing Tian pretends to marry the Fire Demon lady, and Xue Jian completely misunderstands him and becomes crazily jealous! It is so obvious he's only acting it all out to obtain the fire marble, but she starts being an immature and irrational girl again =_=;; She's such an attention seeking brat. I was frustrated watching her and really only wanted to see more of Chang Qing. Did anyone else feel the same?

Having said that, I'm also getting bored and annoyed with Long Kui. She just constantly has that sad face as though she's about to cry any second.. Not only does she constantly cry, and lie..she doesn't do much else. I understand she has some obsession with her brother and endured 1000 years just to be with him, but she seems just a contradictory character. She supports Xue Jian as her sister-in-law, and constantly try to get the two together- and just when it mattered most she starts being awfully jealous and breaking them apart ... I thought she would be much stronger when she turns "red" but it looks like even in that form, she's not very strong..hmm..

I'm really curious to know how the characters are originally portrayed in the game. I haven't finished watching the series yet, so please no spoilers yet.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 (Ep 26/37)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Oooooooohhhhkkkk.. I think that's enough episodes for one day! I think I'm up to 29.. O__O That's a lot of episodes to watch in one go! The story has been really intriguing, but now I'm feeling kinda depressed XD XD My heart completely sank when Zi Xuan started kissing Chong Lou...what is she thinking???? >.< I can't believe she really started kissing him..so..passionately too, GAAAHHH!!! It looks like she was after his heart to make her younger, but it's still "cheating" and it was so bad that Chang Qing saw it..It completely broke his heart and every trust he had left in her =(

Nooooo.... I don't like seeeing Chang Qing lose control and turn so hateful ... I hope he turns back to his normal self soon... It's so unbearable to watch. The scene where he was getting beaten up and whipped was very nasty too. aiii....

Having said that, Jing Tian and Xue Jian's past was also revealed, and I gotta say it wasn't really that interesting. I had hoped it would be something much more moving and touching. I couldn't feel the "love" they had for each other.. Since I last posted, I still don't feel any different towards Xue Jian- she is still really annoying and gets on my nerves. Now that she and Jing Tian are together, they are STILL bickering and arguing over every little thing..it gets really repetitive and boring.. :evil: Xue Jian needs to grow up.......
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 (Ep 37/37)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Well I've finished the series yesterday and it was quite a sad ending but at least they didn't kill off all the characters like in the first drama. THANK GOODNESS!! But.. Jing Tian's lifespan is shortened... and he's eventually going to die :(

Surprisingly, I think the only scene I cried was when Mao Mao died..who would've thought a minor character could have so much impact? I really enjoyed his character, he was just so dopey and cute..and had a big heart. His last few moments were incredibly sad, and watching him give up his own flesh for the sake of everyone else was painful.. very painful. I just felt so sorry for him, especially when no one else seemed to notice he was slowly dying and withering away and it was just horrible when Jing Tian was asking him to get more food, not knowing the cost. *sigh*

I am so glad Changqing and Zi Xuan get back together after Changqing punished and tortured himself so much.. that was quite heartbreaking to watch too. When Changqing found out he was to "kill" his 5 masters, it completely pushed him to the edge..and then watching his lover passionately kiss another, totally crushed him. At first I felt angry at Zi Xuan for her betrayal, but then thought what is a love without its obstacles? Even so, I'm relieved her heart always belonged to Changqing and Chong Lou was only used.

I never knew there was going to be a love triangle, but I found the whole "literally stealing your heart" concept very interesting! I loved that she also gave back his heart, which proved even so greatly she had no intention of keeping it. The story about the man with the singing voice and fairy was also quite moving. So did Zi Xuan steal Chong Lou's heart in order to 'move' him (along with keeping herself young for longer)?

I liked that Chong Lou turned into a good guy in the end..it was kinda sweet he did it out of love...hehehe.. It also became quite a good watch seeing him interact with Jing Tian not as rivals but friends.

During the final battle when Changqing was swallowed by the villain, I refused to believe he died. He can't just die like that, right?? My doubts soon turned into despair when all the characters claimed he is dead, and even set up the whole funeral thing.. What convinced me he really died was when the butterfly came into the room.. Doesn't that prove he is really died?? I became so saddened that he was dead and thought 'oh no, the director is in a killing spree now!" I'm glad he eventually comes back - YES!! So I WAS right!! Damn, they fooled me >.<

My happiness lasted a bit longer when he reunites with Zi Xuan..but soon it felt like doomsday... the old men told them to "let go" Arrrrghhhhhh why???? If you loved someone, shouldn't you do everything to hold onto them? They bring the most happiness to you.. why would you willingly give them up (and for no particular reason)? Why live apart when they are everything to you? @__@

The scene when the two drank the "forget-me" water, I thought all hope was lost... So happy there was a twist and both of them spat it back out! Sooo sweet... but alas, they moved on and separated from each other :(

;_: Sad snow scene in the end too..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

rubme
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Re: My Thoughts on Chinese Paladin 3 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Postby rubme » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Yeah it was kinda sad how Jing Tian would have to die :cry: (I had to watch it twice to understand what the deal was! LOL), but i think they should have shown a seen with him gone, and how Xi Yao would live on alone.

Or maybe when he was shouting at the end it really got the gods emotional and he got to live. (Just throwing a thought out) :?:

I was really sad too when all his buddies started dieing Changqing, Bi ping and Mao Mao one right after the other. :cry:

Jing Tian tells his sister Long Kui to leave and that he can take care of himself and when he brings Mao Moa ashes to the place, it was a very touching. The way Long Kui went away was really something i would remember.

I was kinda glad no one drank the water to forget each other, but I got tricked I thought Changqing really did drink it lol. But this is love and no one wants to forget what they once had. And the old man stay part to make your partner happy. I think it is a load of crap if they love each other why aren't they together, they helped saved the world why can't they just let them be together.

What I didn't understand was at the snow part, why Zi Xuan hair was white and she was old, while everyone else didn't age a bit lol. What i think is that Zi Xuan baby probably was really draining her powers. Any ideas?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 am

rubme wrote:Yeah it was kinda sad how Jing Tian would have to die :cry: (I had to watch it twice to understand what the deal was! LOL), but i think they should have shown a seen with him gone, and how Xi Yao would live on alone.

Or maybe when he was shouting at the end it really got the gods emotional and he got to live. (Just throwing a thought out) :?:

I read online that in the original game, Jing Tian is not supposed to die, but actually live happily ever after with Xue Jian and have kids too ._. But game aside, it kinda does make sense that a wish comes with its costs.. to shorten one life to save many others- Jing Tian sure is nobel..but it's just so sad.. He didn't deserve to go through all that ordeal.

I was really sad too when all his buddies started dieing Changqing, Bi ping and Mao Mao one right after the other. :cry:

Yeah, it was like all hope is lost..

Jing Tian tells his sister Long Kui to leave and that he can take care of himself and when he brings Mao Moa ashes to the place, it was a very touching. The way Long Kui went away was really something i would remember.

Its sad to know he doesn't have long to live, and I guess he didn't want his sister to know either, so he told her he will be okay by himself, and she can rest in peace. Bringing Mao Mao's ashes to ChangAn was so touching.. gahhhh why is it so sad :'( You think back to the first episode when they were full of hope and dreams..in the end it's all shattered :( Kinda wish he stayed in that paradise realm when he was given the chance.. But he chose his friend over luxury.. such a good friend.

I loved how in CP3, they emphasized a lot on friendship and companion. Jing Tian also had a lot of chemistry with Changqing - the bond between them were so strong and admirable. It's so cute when Changing even referred to himself a "White Tofu"- so cute..since it's something Jing Tian always called him.

I was kinda glad no one drank the water to forget each other, but I got tricked I thought Changqing really did drink it lol. But this is love and no one wants to forget what they once had. And the old man stay part to make your partner happy. I think it is a load of crap if they love each other why aren't they together, they helped saved the world why can't they just let them be together.

lol..you have no idea how anxious I was during this scene.. I kept thinking to myself 'don't drink it don't drink it" and when he does I was sooo torn!! "Nooo..Changqing what are you doing??!!" *sigh* I was so disappointed it was going to end like that- I'm SO glad he spat it back out (didn't see it coming..) XD Now it makes this scene even better!! And more dramatic and memorable.

I was pretty annoyed with the old men- how dare they tell them to separate? Who gives them the right to take away their happiness?? They even "sacrificed" their child to save everyone, and went through so much to defeat the bad guy- which THEY pretty much caused.

What I didn't understand was at the snow part, why Zi Xuan hair was white and she was old, while everyone else didn't age a bit lol. What i think is that Zi Xuan baby probably was really draining her powers. Any ideas?

I think it mentioned that she would age a lot quicker now that the seal is broken. But..if aging just means white hair (and still lovely nice skin) I wouldn't mind aging, LOL. She still looks gorgeous :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

rubme
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby rubme » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:15 am

I loved how in CP3, they emphasized a lot on friendship and companion. Jing Tian also had a lot of chemistry with Changqing - the bond between them were so strong and admirable.

Yeah I would say they did have alot of good chemistry. After when Jing Tain got beat up and he was going to die, Changqing used the same way Jing Tain kept Changqing alive (get them angry and so that they still live lol!!!) I think that is a great idea.

I think it mentioned that she would age a lot quicker now that the seal is broken. But..if aging just means white hair (and still lovely nice skin) I wouldn't mind aging, LOL. She still looks gorgeous

LOL yeah i guess your right if aging was like that i guess it would be pretty nice to just have white hair and have beautiful skin. OK, i guess that explains her aging so quickly.

I read online that in the original game, Jing Tian is not supposed to die, but actually live happily ever after with Xue Jian and have kids too ._. But game aside, it kinda does make sense that a wish comes with its costs.. to shorten one life to save many others- Jing Tian sure is nobel..but it's just so sad.. He didn't deserve to go through all that ordeal.

Hmmm interesting he doesn't die in the game. Could I possibly get the link to read this too? WOW they have kids, is there a screen shot ok the game with their kids? please share :P .
Yes, I forgot about that it was a wish and i agree about every wish comes with a price to pay. But i still think the price to pay is a lot for the people who are watching. But it makes since that if his one life good same most of the people who has died then,
JING TAIN is a great and NOBLE MAN!!! 8)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:56 am

rubme wrote:Yeah I would say they did have alot of good chemistry. After when Jing Tain got beat up and he was going to die, Changqing used the same way Jing Tain kept Changqing alive (get them angry and so that they still live lol!!!) I think that is a great idea.

haha yes that was really cute.. but didn't Jing Tian say something like "you're really bad at lying?" or something like that? hehehee.. I really liked the scene when Changqing was beaten up so badly by Chong Lou and Jing Tian carried him all the way back to Mt Zhu. Although he loved his antics, he chose saving Changqing over the sword, tossing it away. That really affirmed my like for Jing Tian, and I thought it was also at this point that I really liked seeing these two interact. It was kinda the first time Jing Tian took him seriously.

rubme wrote:Hmmm interesting he doesn't die in the game. Could I possibly get the link to read this too? WOW they have kids, is there a screen shot ok the game with their kids? please share :P .
Yes, I forgot about that it was a wish and i agree about every wish comes with a price to pay. But i still think the price to pay is a lot for the people who are watching. But it makes since that if his one life good same most of the people who has died then,
JING TAIN is a great and NOBLE MAN!!! 8)

I found it browsing a Chinese Wikipedia article which outlined the differences between the game and the TV version- so I only roughly understood it (My chinese isn't pro or anything XD XD) Maybe someone in the forum can help us translate it :D

It can be found in the large table on this page:

http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-tw/%E4%BB%99 ... 5%89%A7%29
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:52 am

I just had a random thought but didn't think it was worth having its own new topic so I'm posting it here!

Remember when the ShuShan elders told Jing Tian Changqing's history and made him promise not to let anyone know? I wonder if that was any kind of foreshadow that Jing Tian was going to die in the end, since he doesn't have kids or get married?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Brad
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Just finished watching it and raced over here to post about it finally!!! Been avoiding the forums to keep away from spoilers!!!!

I really got into CP3. Overall it seemed to be better made than CP1. Better special effects, better opening and closings, much better pacing with no multi-episode arcs featuring characters we don't know... but at the end I don't think I connected as much with the characters as CP1 and I think part of the reason was that most of these characters were all gods, immortals, princes, princesses, etc... a bit hard to connect to despite how beautiful their stories were told. CP1 though had more "average" people in the main group. Kind of like comparing Star Wars IV - VI with I - III actually. Much easier to connect with the middle class than galactic senators and politicians.

Don't get me wrong though I loved these characters too... just not as much.

Jian Tian was awesome and Mao Mao, someone who I thought I would hate (comedy relief guy) really great on me quickly and became one of my favourites. His emotional depth in his acting towards the end really impressed me. Also liked Biping too actually and made me remember how I wished they had gone back to the first villiage at the end of CP1 and revisit those characters. White Tofu was awesome (and HOT!) though his mid life crisis with the box came out of nowhere. They had more than 20 eps to drop hints at how much he loved his teachers but they didn't really offer anything at all until he opened the box and went crazy.

Long Kui... great character design and I loved the fact she could change to battle mode but was confused a bit with her. Was she possessed by a demon or did she develop multiple personality disorder? Neither possibility was even talked about by ANYONE. Loved the sister / brother dynamic she had but it really felt like she was missing character growth and a love interest (especially in the underwater city).

Huang (spl?) really interested me but was a bit let down with how weak she was considering just how old she was (since the beginning of the Earth, right?). Out of all the characters she was definitely the most underdeveloped. She didn't even get a mention in the final episode. :x

Loved all the past life stories. LOVED the fact the characters had more than one past life (first time I'd seen this in a show).

Not sure what purpose the Spirit Orbs had.

That Lotus Flower sure is a convenient plot device.

Yay for REAL kissing this time around!!!

Fantastic costume and set design.

CP1 A+ , CP3 A- :wink:
Studying Mandarin Chinese! --> http://www.learningmandarinchinese.info
Sailor Moon! --> http://www.moonkitty.net

Return to “Chinese Paladin 3 仙劍奇俠傳 3”