Do you like seeing the same cast in several series?

For Asian entertainment & artist discussions, polls, news and articles. Anything from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore etc!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Do you like seeing the same cast in several series?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:58 am

Does anyone find it kinda weird when they see the same familiar casts act in several different drama together? For example, Hu Ge, Liu ShiShi, Ariel Lin etc have acted in the same series a few times. I understand for several drama, the actors are from the same company which is why we see them collaborate a lot~ Do you prefer this anyway (seeing as you like them) or prefer fresh pairings? I'm currently watching "Legend of Condor Heroes 2008" and I can't stop pointing out all the characters (even really minor ones) which appear in Chinese Paladin, and Chinese Paladin 3. XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re: Do you like seeing the same cast in several series?

Postby sapphiresky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Does anyone find it kinda weird when they see the same familiar casts act in several different drama together? For example, Hu Ge, Liu ShiShi, Ariel Lin etc have acted in the same series a few times. I understand for several drama, the actors are from the same company which is why we see them collaborate a lot~ Do you prefer this anyway (seeing as you like them) or prefer fresh pairings? I'm currently watching "Legend of Condor Heroes 2008" and I can't stop pointing out all the characters (even really minor ones) which appear in Chinese Paladin, and Chinese Paladin 3. XD

I personally love it most times (with a few exceptions I'll point out soon), i think it's brilliant that they can work together.

I always love seeing same actors in different shows because I like seeing them act as different characters too...

One of the funniest things I noticed, for anyone that hasn't seen Yang Warriors (Hu Ge version) and Till Death Do us Apart (Hu Ge modern series) - in TDDUA, the girl liked him, and he only felt for her as a sister, and in the other series, they played a couple - and at the beginning, he liked her and she was the one that treated himas a friend. With things like that, I just like seeing those type of turnaaround/changes, its very interesting.

However, the only times I don't like it when same actors act together is when they played a MUCH better role in one series, and then play something that's not as good, esp for a couple.
For example, say if they played a perfect couple in one series, and then in the other, they didn't, i think that's when I won't like it, cos I'd be missing them as their old characters. Not sure if you know what I mean...

but one of the examples can be, in LOCH08, insome parts i felt that GJ seemed to care for YK then HR.... and in Fairy, they just played such a perfect, perfect couple that to me, nothing would ever top it... so in a way, it's strange seeing how he's not like that.
But, that's just me though.
Download and watch Ancient Chinese Series @ http://ancientchinese.net/

DivineSwords
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xue Jian

Re: Do you like seeing the same cast in several series?

Postby DivineSwords » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 pm

If it's once or twice I'm okay with it. But familiarity breeds contempt.

Return to “Asian Drama and Entertainment”