Inuyasha Live Action Chinese Drama-The Holy Pearl 女娲传说之灵珠

For Asian entertainment & artist discussions, polls, news and articles. Anything from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore etc!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Inuyasha Live Action Chinese Drama-The Holy Pearl 女娲传说之灵珠

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun May 15, 2011 12:56 pm

I recently learned about this drama thanks to AncientChinese.net and was pretty surprised such thing exists! I'm a fan of the anime/manga so I thought this might interest me.. though I was kinda disappointed that Inuyasha doesn't have long white hair XDD (also, what's with those horns?) I'm not sure if I'll watch this or not since I don't particularly like Ah Gill (female lead who plays 'Kagome/'Kikyou') but maybe you guys might like it! The series is being subbed into English too.

General Plot Outline

Ding Yao's father is an archeologist searching for the lost ancient city of Nan Yue, but when he finally finds the ruins he's been dreaming of, he also finds a power he could not imagine. Locked beneath the earth he discovers a mysterious artifact, the Nine-Star Wheel. However, before he can identify its purpose, Ding Yao accidentally activates it and is transported 3,500 years into the past. She finds herself in a time of magic, myth, and gods. A time she has only dreamed of. Literally. Whilst a visitor to this time, Ding Yao is hardly a stranger to those around her as she resembles the deceased Grand Priestess Xian Yue who died 20 years ago.

To the king of Nan Yue, Ding Yao represents an opportunity he never dreamed of having again, marrying the women he loves (Xian Yue) in the form of Ding Yao. Ding Yao flees the palace only to find herself sought by demons who are after the powerful Demon-Subduing Vase.

Ding Yao flees into a tomb where the half-breed; Wen Tian is held prisoner and subsequently frees him. He saves her life and the Demon-Subduing Vase appears mysteriously from a clay figurine Ding Yao carries.

Unfortunately, Ding Yao accidentally shatters the vase. Now, with the help of Wen Tian, she must search for the broken pieces, the Holy Pearls, so she can put the vase back together and restore order to the three realms.

However, with the demons after the Holy Pearls, Ding Yao and Wen Tian have their work cut out for them. Not to mention Wen Tian could be the very person responsible for this entire mess... or is there someone else behind it all?

Source: http://www.ancientchinese.net/series/holypearl/
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re: Inuyasha Live Action Chinese Drama-The Holy Pearl 女娲传说之灵

Postby sapphiresky » Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 am

I was reluctant to watch ti at first mainly because my friend told me the first ep didn't capture her interest and honestly it didn't capture mine too much

So, I decided to try it again and watch the SECOND episode to start and that one REALLY did capture my interest ALOT :O Esp the dude who's suppose to be Inuyasha (he's called Wen Tian in here) his whole story really interest me

Plus the special affects here look soooo pretty because it feels so much like a game, esp when the demoness vanishes in smoke.

I don't think it's a good reason enough not to watch it just cos you don't like the lead, it's kind of like my friend saying she didn't want to watch it cos she thought the male looked ugly or something, seriously those type of reasons are a bit... erm... I call shallow because you never know - she may turn out to impress you, or you may be missing out on a great story just because you are biased about something.
Download and watch Ancient Chinese Series @ http://ancientchinese.net/

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 am

The thing is, there's so many other series I could be watching (Strange Hero for example XD) so it's not like I'll mind 'missing out' on some series (you can't watch them all anyway)

It's personal preference, really.. I never liked Gillian as a actress/singer/person in general so please don't mind me.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Brad
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby Brad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Just started watching this and was thinking about telling you to watch it Jen! I'm really enjoying it!

p.s. Thinking you don't like main female characters who are bratty. :wink:
Studying Mandarin Chinese! --> http://www.learningmandarinchinese.info
Sailor Moon! --> http://www.moonkitty.net

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:21 am

hahaha yeah, I don't really like bratty/bitchy characters very much ^^; Didn't sorts of appeal I guess lol
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:35 am

Is there Sesshomaru?
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Postby Yukinaoni » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:59 am

Yes there is a Sesshomaru and also a Rin, but they're a bit altered from the original Inuyasha.
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

Return to “Asian Drama and Entertainment”