is fairy from wonderland worth watching

For Asian entertainment & artist discussions, polls, news and articles. Anything from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore etc!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

luckyimpact
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

is fairy from wonderland worth watching

Postby luckyimpact » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:33 pm

im on holiday and so bored... dont know waht series to watch ... and i keep hearing about fairy from wonderland.. is it worth watching?
i am the avatar :P

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:37 am

I am not very sure... but i do recommend you to watch... I watched like 7 times... It is very similar to chinese paladin in terms of characters and storyline... But its ending is much better( you will find out for yourself...)

MAin characters:
1) DOng Yong( huge)
2) Xiao Qi( Aerial)
3) Yuan Bao
4) Shang guan Hao QI
5) Lao XIn ROng
6) Sai Jin
7) Xiang xue Hai
8) The jade emperor( of the heaven, Xiao qi's dad)
9) Queen Mother( of the heaven, Xiao QI's Mum)
10) Yun jian fei( Same actor as Tang Yu)
Last edited by soulawaken on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:50 am

erm..it's okay, sorta cute, sorta silly.. I watched up to about episode 11 I think..and stopped there and haven't watched it since..I'll probably continue it one day since I own the DVD XD

I still like the LYF and HG pairing though.. Ariel doesn't seem as..I donno..likeable?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

luckyimpact
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby luckyimpact » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:35 pm

aerial doesnt look that cute.. and the graphics were very poor =="
i am the avatar :P

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:16 pm

i think it is ok i watched the whole thing the last few eps are not bad
mou utsumuku no wa yamete hashiri dasou
kokoro no itami wa
sou "daisuki" no akashi ne

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:08 am

I personally think that Ariel is not as pretty as Liu Yi Fei... But she is cute in most character she act... Like when she acts as Yuan Xiang Qin in the 'It started with a kiss'.... :D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Does anyone have the lyrics to the opening and closing theme?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:09 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Does anyone have the lyrics to the opening and closing theme?

Yeah I have... You mean Yi Yan Wan Nian by S.H.E. and Qian Nian Lei by TANK right?

一眼万年
By: S.H.E.

泪有点咸有点甜
你的胸膛吻着我的侧脸
回头看踏过的雪
慢慢融化成草原
而我就像你没有一秒曾后悔

爱那么绵那么粘
管命运设定要谁离别
海岸线越让人流连
总是美得越蜿蜒
我们太倔强
连天都不忍再反对

深情一眼挚爱万年
几度轮回恋恋不灭
把岁月铺成红毯
见证我们的极限
心疼一句珍藏万年
誓言就该比永远更远
要不是沧海桑田
真爱怎么会浮现

千年泪
By: Tank
作曲:吕建忠

才话别已深秋,只一眼就花落
窗台人影独坐,夜沉的更寂寞
一段路分两头,爱了却要放手
无事东风走过,扬起回忆如昨
摇摇欲坠,不只你的泪,还有仅剩的世界
嘲笑的风,高唱的离别,我却听不见
穿越千年的眼泪,只有梦里看得见
我多想再见你,哪怕一面
前世末了的眷恋,在我血液里分裂
沉睡中缠绵,清醒又幻减

梦在前世发觉,我在梦里搁浅
月光浸湿从前,掺拌了的想念
你眺望着天边,我眺望你的脸
谨记你的容颜,来世把你寻找
摇摇欲坠,不只你的泪,还有仅剩的世界
嘲笑的风,高唱的离别,我却听不见
穿越千年的眼泪,只有梦里看得见
我多想再见你,哪怕一面
前世末了的眷恋,在我血液里分裂
沉睡中缠绵,清醒又幻减
摇摇欲坠,不只你的泪
嘲笑的风,高唱的离别
不管还要等待多少年...
穿越千年的眼泪,只有梦里看得见
我多想再见你,哪怕一面
前世末了的眷恋,在我血液里分裂
沉睡中缠绵,清醒又幻减

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:18 am

Yup! Thanks soulawaken!! =D
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:31 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Yup! Thanks soulawaken!! =D

No problem... :)

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re: is fairy from wonderland worth watching

Postby sapphiresky » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:30 pm

ABSOLUTELY, 100% WORTH IT!

This is, one of the BEST series I have seen in my life.

I would write 3000 pages on how much I love it. Everything about it is... perfect to me!
I don't many any other dramas can ever compare.

I love Fairy from Wonderland because of the little things they explain about love, I absolutely LOVE the philosophy and messages. I love the main couple's determination, their personality are wonderful. It's the truest of all love stories I have ever seen.

With the characters, Xiaoqi is one of my all time favourite characters in any series. She is playful, adoralble, daring, and sometimes quick to judge and make decisions, but she is extremely kind. There are so many layers to her personality. I just love it each time she has those playful moments. It's really sad to see her go through some of the greatest pains of life too.

One of my fav quotes by her:

"Let us be nourished together, let us grow together, let us withstand this treacherous weather, experience wind and rain, and emerge to become even stronger then before"

I really love the story.

I definteily put this as the best love story ever created. It explains everything. It's not JUST two people in love. It's that they would go against the ultimate thing that separates them. I love their loyalty to each other, the way they wouldn't give up.

The other parts of the story is also interesting. Alot of sacrifices made, really great characters, awesome cast. Brilliant music.

I just love it to bits. Its one of the BEST SERIES EVER!!!

But, I do have to say that the uncut is much better then the cut version because nearly 9 episodes of important things were cut out in that 30 ep version.... and leaving some things not making sense or happen too sudden or strange.
Download and watch Ancient Chinese Series @ http://ancientchinese.net/

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re:

Postby sapphiresky » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:50 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:erm..it's okay, sorta cute, sorta silly.. I watched up to about episode 11 I think..and stopped there and haven't watched it since..I'll probably continue it one day since I own the DVD XD

I still like the LYF and HG pairing though.. Ariel doesn't seem as..I donno..likeable?

Sorry but I completely disagree there. firstly, I have made a video on exactl how serious their love is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I898_s19 ... re=related
It feels like the most puriest, truest form of love, ever.

Secondly, I find Ariel's character just plain adorable. She has a multi-dimension personality, she is caring, sweet, serious, playful, wilful. She really cares about people, like her second sister, and she cares about Digua (like when she came back the 2nd time to help him, she broke all the rules and still stood strong against her beliefs)... you could clearly see how much she gave up and the pains she had to go through.

I think Ariel & HG's characters surpasses LYF & HG couple by far ... here are the reasons:

Even when Heaven was against them, and Xiaoqi knew the rules that she absolutely CANNOT be with Digua, and she had to get him to live on a happy life, that siutation similar to where Ling'er wanted to leave XY... (and yes, I get that Ling'er went through tough times, and XQ didn't.. etc etc) but, my main point is... the WAY they wanted the other to be happy and how they did it is different and Xiaoqi handled it much better.

Ling'er became too distant, cold , mean (brothel part, she she says his life and death has nothing to do with her, etc) and secretive. Sure, Xiaoqi also kept the secret but she really tried her best to do it kindly.

GREATEST EXAMPLE: That scene where they were walking at night on that road

"Xiaoqi didn't lie to you. Xiaoqi is sincere towards you...

and if Xiaoqi says, that Nana is the one that you should be with.... and I truly hope you find happiness with her, you would believe me, right? "
Then, Digua asks her why, and Xiaoqi says "I'm sorry, i'm sorry.... " Digua asks how he can do to make her happy, she says "To let xiaoqi know, that without xiaoqi, you can still live happilly and a good life, I don't want you to be like Master lao, always in pain and sad... and only if you find a girl and be happy with her, you have truly forgotten xiaoqi" (she is saying that with the most painful look on her face but also 100% showing how much she still loves him...

WOW!!!!! ....

(Mind you, this happens in ep 31 in the UNCUT version.... in the 39 EP VERSION)

I think they are one of the best couples ever made. Honestly, I don't think any other couple can even come close to Digua and Xiaoqi. they are just, they give me the feeling they are meant for each other, especially in the later episodes. Their love is really inspiring.

Like the part in the end, where The jade Emperor was sentencing xiaoqi to HELL if she didn't admit her mistake, Xiaoqi still stood strong against her love. She believed in it, she says "digua and I love each other, we learned to extend our love and care to everyone around us... how is that wrong?"
That shows xiaoqi's absolute belief in her love. she is one brave girl

and finally says "Whatever punishment you give, please don't erase xiaoqi's memories again... as long as xiaoqi has the happy memories of being with digua, i have no problems going to hell"

I absolutely started to LOVE the eps starting from the first time Xiaoqi has to go back, and after that.
But then again there was a cut version with only 30 eps and 39 uncut version.... which tells a lot more about the story and makes confusing parts make more sense.

I've made a video for some of the most inspirational quotes said in Fairy from Wonderland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA_6YzP2DRc

And famous Wo bu ai ni/I don't love you, where they truly mean, I love you so much that I am wiling to let you go and to let you NOT suffer. it's so beautifuL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEardVqs ... re=related

Seriously, Xiaoqi /Ariel is absolutely amazing. She is one of the most caring characters ever created. I would absolutely fight till the end for her!

soulawaken wrote:I personally think that Ariel is not as pretty as Liu Yi Fei...

I think she is just as pretty/good looking as LYF....
Download and watch Ancient Chinese Series @ http://ancientchinese.net/

Return to “Asian Drama and Entertainment”