Ady An Yi Xuan

For Asian entertainment & artist discussions, polls, news and articles. Anything from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore etc!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Rate Ady's acting skills (as Lin Yue Ru)

5 (Excellent)
63%
27%
5%
2%
1 (poor)
2%

Total votes: 41

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Ady An Yi Xuan

Post by purpleGirl »

The one who brought Yue Ru to life ^^

English Name: Audrey An
Nick/Pet Name: Ady
Celebrity Chinese Name: An Yi Xuan
Real Chinese Name: Wu Min Jing
Childhood Name: Baby
Birthday: September 29, 1980
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 43 kg
Place of birth: Taipei, Taiwan
School Record: Faculty Graduation

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

Here's a behind the scenes clip featuring Ady An in The Floying Fox of Snowy Mountain 2006 if anyone is interested:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4JIFfjvootE& ... d%20scenes

Actually, you can find dozens on YouTube ^^ hehe...

Her voice is very different to the dubbing in Xian Jian!

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

New Breath of Love

Post by purpleGirl »

A new series she is gonna be in: New Breath of Love

(happen to stumble across when I was loking up TVB actors xD )

"The New Breath of Love" is a 26 episode series which is currently filming in Shanghai. The series is adapted from Taiwanese author, Wong Man Wah's romantic novel "61 x 57" and speaks about single men and women's love, career, and lifestyles, as well as finding a refreshing space amidst a crowded and often confusing city life. The series stars Raymond Lam, Alex Fong, Tammy Chen Yirong, and An Yixuan.

Raymond plays the bright and cheerful Xu Kai who likes Tammy's character, Lin Jinghui. An Yixuan plays Fan Lisha. Alex plays Huang Mingzheng, who is well established in his career. And former model Jiang Hua plays Cheng Ling.

The screenplay is by female scriptwriter Lam Jinling; the style is refreshing and combines the romantic air of the original novel, while adding more complex elements to the characters and plot.

Tammy's character is a 30 year-old foreign exchange currency trader who meets the handsome and humorous advertising agent, Raymond. Tammy's calm and static life goes on a roller coaster ride after meeting Raymond, who also brings out the cute and feminine side of her. Should Tammy choose Raymond, who causes her to love sweetly but also painfully at the same time? Or should Tammy choose Alex, who has the same steadfast and anchored personality as herself?

Also, Raymond's friend, the sassy An Yixuan, can she really stand all the women that flow in and out of Raymond's life? How would Su Feiya, who is very accommodating to Alex, finally win his heart? The popular Jiang Hua, who is in a relationship with 2 men, will she find true love or will she lose both of them? As the plot thickens, the characters in the series go through many adjustments and fluctuations, pricking your interest in finding out what happens to them!

"The New Breath of Love" is produced by the collaboration of China International Television Company, Shanghai, Beijing, and Nanjing broadcasting companies. The series also involves Hong Kong directors Cheng Ka Chun and Chung Siu Hung, making this grand production eagerly anticipated.

obsessionns
Hero Wannabe

Post by obsessionns »

wow. ady l0oks pretty and MUCH younger in those pictures above than in xian jian. but i think yueru's rather pretty either. xiaoyao's so lucky to have two pretty ladies being "mad over heels" for him =p

if im a guy, i would obviously been jealous!
[xiaoyao gege, ling`er will not let you be lonely again]

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

pplppl wrote:wow.. she has so many names ar... lol..... i didnt know her english name is Audrey.. haha... always call her as ady an.
i think she acted well in XJ.... haha... let pple hate her at first, then like her in the end.. =)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ann_fang
Hero Wannabe

Post by ann_fang »

I loved her in CP. It's a pity that she died in the film. I like the ending of the game much more than the drama.

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Post by zzXiaoyaozz »

can say excellent cause i seen other show that actor act better than she but not too bad i rate 4/5 or 8/10

Rong'er
Hero Wannabe

Post by Rong'er »

Ady's portrayal as Yue Ru was nothing short of exceptional in Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan. Whenever she was on-screen, she definitely outshined Liu Yifei, who might have the edge looks-wise, but could use some improvement. I've seen Ady in other roles that are very different from Yue Ru, which shows how versatile she is. Out of all her performances though, I'd have to say Yue Ru suits her best!

In her acting, Ady managed to portray all the aspects of Yue Ru very well and show the "layers" to the character, from her. Yue Ru's a sassy, spoiled, and opinionated girl, but eventually we also see what a selfless, loving, and thoughtful person she is, not only to Xiaoyao, but to everyone. Honestly, in the game version I rooted for Ling'er and Xiaoyao, but Ady's performance (along with the script, that really provided very little romance between Ling'er and Xiaoyao) was so convincing I eventually grew on Yueru. Meanwhile, all I seem to remember of Ling'er are the annoying "Xiao Yao Ge Ge" calls.

Yet, Yueru ends up with Xiaoyao in the game version (when I was rooting for Ling'er), but she doesn't end up with Xiaoyao in the TV series (where I was actually rooting for her). Obviously things just don't like to go my way ;)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

Yet, Yueru ends up with Xiaoyao in the game version (when I was rooting for Ling'er), but she doesn't end up with Xiaoyao in the TV series (where I was actually rooting for her). Obviously things just don't like to go my way Wink

hehe, that must feel bad!

I agree with you that Ady's acting really gave Yue Ru depth in her character, and I like her for that portrayal. However, the personalities of Ling Er and Yue Ru are actually quite different to their original personalities of the game, which makes people have different thoughts on them when comparing who they like better (in game and TV)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Post by soulawaken »

I think her acting skills is excellent... I think she looks more experience than LYF when acting the chinese paladin...

alih27
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Post by alih27 »

i rated her acting skills as 4/5... she was good in acting as yue ru.. and she's pretty in those pictures.. i like it!
soulawaken she is really much experienced than yifei...
credits to crystallized forum(signature) and i heartkara international forum(avatar)

Effka
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Post by Effka »

I gave her a 4 because I think she played an amazing part as Yue ru, her facial expressions and emotions really shined in CP and brought her character to life so well and she was definately my favorite female actor in CP.