A trailer on the LOTCH 2007...

For Asian entertainment & artist discussions, polls, news and articles. Anything from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore etc!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

A trailer on the LOTCH 2007...

Postby soulawaken » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:33 am

hey all... I found a sort of trailer about LOTCH 2007.. With the main cast: Hu Ge and Lin Yi Chen... All the other casts should be mostly in the video... And it is known in the video commnets that the LOTCH is gonna come out on 24th July 2007... :D Pls have a look at the video and give me some comments about it... TY... :D

Link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=22461

Note: you willl need to be a member of Crunchyroll if you want to watch... Do sign up.. It is free unless you update you acc.. :)

Hey.. I found another link to the video.. This time it is youtube...
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f72A8EoHrwk

alih27
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby alih27 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:19 am

Thanks for posting the links....
credits to crystallized forum(signature) and i heartkara international forum(avatar)

Lroz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Lroz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:16 pm

Ho ho ho!

That's what I'm waiting for before watching ROCH :D

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:34 am

I should probably read the novel before passing judgment on the various LotCH versions, but... that Huang Rong has a very nice smile. Huang Rong is not suppose to have a nice smile.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Terrapin Knight wrote:I should probably read the novel before passing judgment on the various LotCH versions, but... that Huang Rong has a very nice smile. Huang Rong is not suppose to have a nice smile.

Haha.. Obviously the show will be much different from the novel.. I think that novels are boring because I don't like reading very much.. But from the past series of LOTCH, Huang Rong is always very cute and pretty and sometimes mischievious... :D

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:37 pm

I think impish is a better adjective for Huang Rong than mischievous. Her pranks are often quite nasty, which goes beyond what comes to mind when one uses the word mischievous. This is why I am disturbed Huang Rong's appearance in that trailer. In almost all instances where she smiles, it's because she just thought of a way to "get" somebody. The leftover occasions are usually because she was playing around with Guo Jing. The appearance in the trailer gives the impression of a genuine, joyful smile without the usual malice--or lesser degrees of sadism--that I associate with Huang Rong.

But then again, I'm an old fogey who thinks none of the other Huang Rongs can match Weng Meiling's performance.

Didn't even notice, but... is that Guo Jing showing off on the horse trying to shoot an arrow with the bow behind his shoulders? That's... even more disturbing than the brief shot of Huang Rong that might not even be in the show, and the fact that Guo Jing looks like a street punk when he was using the Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palm.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:56 pm

kinda sad, I haven't actually watched any versions of LOCH, and only knew about Huang Rong and Guo Jing from ROCH starring Liu Yi Fei and Huang Xiao Ming.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:48 pm

Terrapin Knight wrote:I think impish is a better adjective for Huang Rong than mischievous. Her pranks are often quite nasty, which goes beyond what comes to mind when one uses the word mischievous. This is why I am disturbed Huang Rong's appearance in that trailer. In almost all instances where she smiles, it's because she just thought of a way to "get" somebody. The leftover occasions are usually because she was playing around with Guo Jing. The appearance in the trailer gives the impression of a genuine, joyful smile without the usual malice--or lesser degrees of sadism--that I associate with Huang Rong.

But then again, I'm an old fogey who thinks none of the other Huang Rongs can match Weng Meiling's performance.

Didn't even notice, but... is that Guo Jing showing off on the horse trying to shoot an arrow with the bow behind his shoulders? That's... even more disturbing than the brief shot of Huang Rong that might not even be in the show, and the fact that Guo Jing looks like a street punk when he was using the Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palm.

Yeah... actually.. Hu Ge is totally unsuitable for this show.. Guo Jing is suppose to be a dimwit... But Hu Ge looks nothing like one.. In the end, some of the scenes, he look extreme serious... and look as if he hates everybody...

As for Huang Rong... Ariel is known because she is cute... so I would say she is suitable to act as Huang Rong... But I do agree that her smile looks a bit irritating and unsuitable...

As for the scene on Guo Jing shoot the condor... They are just trying to promote the show, She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan... So in direct translation, it means " The Legend of the hero shooting the condor"... So I think they are just trying to promote the show and the scene may not be part of the show...

And for the scene that he used Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palm, he look like a street punk because of his mongolian costume.... I think...

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:24 am

There was a period in LotCH where Guo Jing hated everybody. It was because

SPOILERS

He thought Huang Rong's father killed his first masters. He thought he couldn't have anything to do with Huang Rong, since he then had a blood feud with her father. Doesn't go well with the fact that he loved her.

End SPOILERS

Suppose that the shots were from this period, then it wouldn't be unsuitable.

I thought Hu Ge has more trouble portraying Guo Jing's consistent earnesty than his intelligence. Hu Ge seems more like he'd fit someone like Yang Kang or Ouyang Ke, probably the latter more.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:27 am

Terrapin Knight wrote:There was a period in LotCH where Guo Jing hated everybody. It was because

SPOILERS

He thought Huang Rong's father killed his first masters. He thought he couldn't have anything to do with Huang Rong, since he then had a blood feud with her father. Doesn't go well with the fact that he loved her.

End SPOILERS

Suppose that the shots were from this period, then it wouldn't be unsuitable.

I thought Hu Ge has more trouble portraying Guo Jing's consistent earnesty than his intelligence. Hu Ge seems more like he'd fit someone like Yang Kang or Ouyang Ke, probably the latter more.

Haha.. actually I quite agree on your point... Guo Jing is suppose to be a an honest dimwit and Hu Ge look nothing like one...

Cowzors
Hero Wannabe

Postby Cowzors » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:01 am

this is the LOCH that i watched...thought it was the best imho...

Here

lol the guo jin guy really looked the part of dimwitted honesty lol....

ZHOU BUO TONG! one of my favorite characters ever lol

Return to “Asian Drama and Entertainment”