TVB fans, anyone?

For Asian entertainment & artist discussions, polls, news and articles. Anything from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore etc!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Are you a fan of TVB?

Yes! All the way...
52%
Sometimes I watch it, not bad
14%
Nope, don't like them.
No votes
Nope, haven't seen any.
No votes
What's TVB?
33%

Total votes: 21

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

TVB fans, anyone?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:01 pm

Anyone here fan of the TVB series, such as myself? If TVB was making a remake of Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan, which actors do you think would suit the roles of the characters? ^^;
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lroz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Lroz » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:02 pm

What's TVB?

Voting for "Wat's TVB?" :lol:

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:23 pm

You could always check out tvb.com lol but yeh, its a HongKong Broadcasting Company, the world’s largest producer and distributor of Chinese-language programmes. I voted for "All the way", referring to mainly the Hong Kong Series produced by TVB =) (which are in catonese) compared to the China Productions (which Chinese Paladin belongs)
Last edited by purpleGirl on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

ngai
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby ngai » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:28 pm

im a tvb fan =)
it would be cool if they made a xian jian series, but i dont think they will find better actors to match the characters

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:45 pm

Before the Chinese Paladin series came out, I've always wanted TVB to make a film on it... but now when I ask myself who should cast...I don't know...the CP ones match perfectly!! The cast are young, and its refreshing =) Most of the TVB casts are older..and pretend to be young...sometimes doesn't look right..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

azn_dreamer
Hero Wannabe

Postby azn_dreamer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:21 pm

yer 4 sure, it was tvb dat got mi into those drama series from the start

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:55 pm

I remember ages ago I kept hoping TVB would make a series on XianJian..and I would think to myself how it could really work as a series, 3 characters on a quest/journey..through different cities.fighting vampires etc with a romance storyline.. so was quite excited tosee a production of it =D [Chinese Paladin] despite not from TVB. I even emailed them for a suggestion lol (but didn't know what it was called etc) When I first watched Chinese Paladin I wasnt used tot he names, cause when I imagine it being a series and while reading the characters when playing the game, I imagine them calling/talking to each other in Cantonese XD

Most of the TVB casts are older..and pretend to be young...sometimes doesn't look right..

yeh..that's true too..but it still sorta works well..in some tvb series, it suddenly makes you go o_0??? when a character says 'I'm 16" XD XD ehehe..

t would be cool if they made a xian jian series, but i dont think they will find better actors to match the characters

*nods* Who else could look more like LiXiaoYao?? XD

Well, back to Chibi Jennifer's inital question..I think it would work with the 3 main cast from from Lofty Waters Verdant bow..okay..not so sure about Raymond (lol..doesn't look much like XiaoYao..wonders what he would look like in a ponytail) and can't really imagine him being jerk-ish character xD But Rain as LingEr and Michelle as YueRu would be alright I think. I don't know if their acting skills who surpass ones currently xD but the image seems to suit I think. I thought about other actors - like from Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2004- if that main charcter dude (forgot his name) played XiaoYao I would cringe like crazy..that happened when I was watching that series..cos I personally don't think he looks good... turning to the girls lol Charmaine as Linger and Gigi as YueRu..first comment- too old for the image xD okay....I would cry if Charmaine was LingEr....

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:01 am

I don't think I can get that channal...
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:43 pm

Here's the themevideo for Lofty Waters Verdant Bow, I think its pretty easy to see who are the 2 female leads..any guess who we're referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG8rUqrgVl8

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 pm

They do sorta resemble Lofty Water Verdant Bow characters....Rain has a cute face to be Zhao Ling Er, but Liu Yi Fei is still younger and cuter...and her acting skills isn't very good, which is why I don't think Rain Li would do a very good job as Zhao Ling Er...since her crying isn't as natural the way YiFei portrays Ling Er... (and yet YiFei still draws some criticism for her acting)

hmm.. but looking at TVB actors, Rain Li is all I can think of that the moment XD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

misz_mary
Hero Wannabe

Postby misz_mary » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:07 pm

i'm a tvb fan!!^.< the other girl is call Michelle Yep (something like that)
..::*You said you LOVE me but your HEART tellz a DIFFERENT story...To you I can ONLY be her REPLACEMENT*::..

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:47 pm

I just watched a older TVB series Whatever it takes..and I think Benny Chan Ho Man could be a good candidate as LiXiaoYao..looks like him and his acting is quite good ^^ Annie Man could play LingEr..just comparing her to Rain, and reckon she looks more tiny ~ =)

Aka Kelvin
Hero Wannabe

Postby Aka Kelvin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:20 am

Indeed I am. I have a Chinese Digistal box set up at home which I can watch series, news etc from Hong Kong. If some series don't show up or take couple years before showing in England I rather download them than wait that long.
Image Koon Yun Na Image Liu Yi Fei Image Chow Lai Kei

luckycharm
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby luckycharm » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:23 am

wat is that?
sia

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:18 am

wat is that?

HK Broadcast =)

I'm currently watching Face to Fate 布衣神相 and I love it xD XD Half way through (epsiode 15, 30 in total) can't wait to watch more!!

I'm not enjoying: Maiden's Vow 鳳凰四重奏 very much though..

Return to “Asian Drama and Entertainment”