The Legend Of The Condor Heroes 2008 (STARRING HU GE!)

For Asian entertainment & artist discussions, polls, news and articles. Anything from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore etc!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Re: The Legend Of The Condor Heroes 2008 (STARRING HU GE!)

Postby sapphiresky » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Unfortuately, Yang Kang is only gonna get worse and more annoying from where you are, and I don't like it when they play half the episode on him because its quite depressing, I'm the same, I enjoy seeing Guo Jing parts, and Huang Rong.
Download and watch Ancient Chinese Series @ http://ancientchinese.net/

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am

I've just finished episode 18 and I think the story is okay so far~ I did come across a favourite scene though! My fav scene would have to be *spoiler alert* when Guo Jing and Huang Rong confess their feelings together that night when they were slightly drunk :) I thought it was cute how Huang Rong tells him why she loved him and that she loved him from the beginning- whereas for him, it was a little later since he thought Huang Rong was a boy~ Of course, the following scene where she falls asleep beside him (then vice versa) was sweet.

Yang Kang and Nianci's story was kinda interesting at some points (like the part where he finds out she hid money in her shoe and he thought that was the reason she went back to see him)- but overall, I think the whole Yang family thing is getting draggy~
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby sapphiresky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I've just finished episode 18 and I think the story is okay so far~ I did come across a favourite scene though! My fav scene would have to be *spoiler alert* when Guo Jing and Huang Rong confess their feelings together that night when they were slightly drunk :) I thought it was cute how Huang Rong tells him why she loved him and that she loved him from the beginning- whereas for him, it was a little later since he thought Huang Rong was a boy~ Of course, the following scene where she falls asleep beside him (then vice versa) was sweet.

Yang Kang and Nianci's story was kinda interesting at some points (like the part where he finds out she hid money in her shoe and he thought that was the reason she went back to see him)- but overall, I think the whole Yang family thing is getting draggy~

Aww yeah, I love that moment too. I like any scenes iwth HR & GJ.
But my fav part of the story is I guess, the second half, with the OYK and marriage competition thing, which I'm not sure if you saw yet, but fromthen on it just gets great, and of course, the last few eps. There are so many diff arcs here and all so separate, it's kind of hard to combine them together...

Where are you up to now?
and sorry, ive been away so long - no electricity due to the qld floods.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 am

Sorry, I kinda skipped some of what you wrote because I want to avoid spoilers. Please avoid putting spoilers of parts where I'm not up to >.<

I'm currently up to episode 23-ish, where Guo Jing goes to Peach Blossom Island and meets Zho Bai Tong :D I really like watching Hong Qi, and seeing Guo Jing grow stronger :) Yang Kang is really annoying, and seeing Nianci's indecisiveness is frustrating :/ How many times has Yang kang told her to wait at Niu Village, and how many times has she constantly returned, trusted him, hated him, and then trusted him again? This girl is blinded my love.. >.> Both very annoying characters. I'm actually quite interested in Huang Rongs father~ Anthony Wong is so cool XDDD I loved his grand appearance..so elegant (and a bit strange)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby sapphiresky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 pm

I wish there was a spoiler tag thing on the forum. But yes, I agree YK and MNC annoy me, I can't stand watching them honestly, it's alright first time but it gets a bit boring even for the first time cos they're always arguing. However, all other parts are awesome :D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:59 pm

ah, I've just finished watching those marriage contest arcs! They were really good episodes :D! I'm so happy for Guo Jing winning 3 rounds pretty much fair and square against OYK. I thought the back story of the manual was interesting and I'm somewhat surprised Guo Jing learned it just like that XD Wow, so it was his second master who stole the manual off MCF and gave it to GJ! I kinda guessed that. The only part I found silly was when Huang Rong's dad saw how strong GJ's inner strength was (during the second contest), and thought maybe he is only acting as an idiot... but then dumb GJ didn't understand =______= aiii...~ Missed a really good opportunity.

I'm up to episode 28-29ish now, *spoilers* where Zho Botong just lost his bet about the sharks, but I have yet to find out what the deal is... and HR is trying to find GJ and tell him she wants to stay with her father D= oh noes!

*EDIT* *SPOILERS*
ahhh! I just watched up to the part where Hong Qi is poisoned by the venom and Huang Rong is stuck on the Island with OYK~ whereas GJ is presumably dead..awwww.. I really like Hong Qi, I reaaaallly hope he doesn't die, it's too sad =( =( =( (Please don't tell me what happens though!)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby sapphiresky » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:28 pm

WOW you are fast! yay i loved those eps cos there were so little of Yang Kang and so focused on Guo jing :D i just love those. I wish the whole show was like that.
yeahhh i was surprised he learnt the manual like that too.
wow 28-29, you are fast. lol
oh dear you're up to the poisoned part. * MY MOUTH IS SEALED * from spoilers hahaha. Post when you've seen those!

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 pm

haha thanks! I'm currently downloading episode 30.. damn, just when it was getting good it shows back to MuNianci and Yang kang =____= urgh, I can't stand them, lol. I'll be back to post more when I watch them :D (It takes longer to download an episode than it is to watch ^^;)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby sapphiresky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 am

lol i know the feeling of the downloading:/ i used to have this terrible downloadlimit of 20gb/month so it was SOO slow but i'm loving the new internet plans, 1TB/M with really fast speeds hehe. I can download/upload anything without worrying again :D

But yes, to the show. Indeed, damn LOL! they just had to come ruin the great moments>.>
It would be nice if it's possible to skip their scenes without acutally missing the story.
wow 30 already :D awesome... you'll be finished with the show in no time.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:50 am

***episode 30-31 spoilers****

Ah..I've finished the Island episodes now, so happy that Hong Qi is still alive, though terribly sad all his martial arts is gone and that he doesn't have long to live :( I was so relieved Guo Jing is now back by Huang Rong's side! I was surprised he and the Old Venom suddenly drifted to the island though..kinda unexpected (though we all know he doesn't die) I really despise OYK, I can't believe he almost indecently assaulted Huang Rong! Good thing HongQi came to save her. HongQi is pretty much my favourite character in this drama so far. Huang Rong is pretty cool too.. I would like Guo Jing more if he wasn't sooooo gullible though >_< I just hate it so so much every time he trusts Yang Kang so much- he's too dumb, arrghhh. He's adorable every other time and rather sweet- but I can't stand how he seems to pick Yang Kang over Huang Rong every time. I guess that's the downfall to a goody-two shoe character..*sigh* I hate Yang Kang with a passion, lol.. I think it's pathetic every time he tries to persuade Guo Jing to teach him all his skills, then says stupid things like "You're just scared I'll become stronger than you" and all that nonsense! grrrr.

I'm up to the part where Guo Jing/Huang Rong/Hong Qi end up in Niu Village and see Old Urchin/Sha Gu/Nianci (I'm so relieved to see Old Urchin again, the characters feel more safe with him around). Meanwhile, OYF/OYK is with Yang Kang helping the Jins in order to obtain the Book of Wumu- and HuangRong discovers some treasure hidden behind a wall...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby sapphiresky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:54 pm

WOW I could've written those words, I agree that about Guojing, that can really be irritating that he is SO GULLIBLE with YK! ARGH and whats with treating him so good and even sometimes I feel better than HR!??? seriously! i wish he would just kick YK up the ass a few times to wake him up rather than beleive him.

I love the scene when (or any scenes) when HR completely tells him off (YK that is) .. it feels great!

But yes Hong Qi is awesome character and REALLY funny! One of my favs, and Huang rong as well. I love how the three of them together usually mean fun and great scenes

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:21 pm

haha yeah, but sometimes + Old Urchin in there and it's a bit tooo crazy XDD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby sapphiresky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:26 pm

Very true, esp the part where he goes overboard with the joke and made HYS misunderstand with the book and GJ leave the island.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:01 pm

oh, it's been a while since I last posted here! I finished episode 37, currently waiting for episode 38 to download... I gotta say, I just watched the absolutely MOST ANNOYING scene in the entire series so far...lol This is the part where Guo Jing and Huang Rong were captured by the Beggars sect, and Yang Kang claims to be the successor of Hong Qi =___= ggrrr...this made me really mad! YK is such a douche! I knew that Huang Rong will eventually prove herself with the dog beating stick but the entire scene was utter nonsense with those 3 elders being such stupid idiots...omg, lol. I was just raging in anger at the whole scene, and of course because Guo Jing was sooooo dumb to trust YK, getting them almost killed. I truly hope he wakes up.....for good (though I doubt it..) *sigh*

A memorable scene would have to be Cao Feng's death..I thought it was really sad and touching, and it was nice seeing Huang Yao Shi have a change in attitude :) He was sweet enough to even take Sha Gu to the Peach Blossom Island.

I gotta HATE HATE HATE Guo Jing choosing Hua Zheng over Huang Rong though.. WHAT AN IDIOT! I know it's part of his goody-goody character but aw come on, he needs to be a real man >__> His righteousness can be so annoying sometimes.. Having said that, I also find Hua Zheng really immature, spoilt and silly.. Guo Jing declares his love for Huang Rong to EVERYONE. He makes it so so clear he will only have Huang Rong in his heart- yet she doesn't care and just thinks of her selfish desires. Seriously, does this woman have no sense of pride? She should just back off and grow up.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby sapphiresky » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 pm

I really love 38, as much as yes i agree 37 was annoying where they just got them totally nearly killed and trusting YK again.god he annoys me!!! but i thnk you are going to love how HR gets it back, its also one of the best episodes IMO about the whole series, cos it shows just how awesome HR is with her mind! :D

Yeahhhh poor HR when he chose Hua Zheng, that was really silly of him and i totally agree there. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so righteous about the little thigns, but he does learn, so that's good. Do you ever feel he loves YK more than HR sometimes? I feel that.

Return to “Asian Drama and Entertainment”