Heroes of Jin Yong (金庸群俠傳)

Discussions and topics for all other games belong here!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Heroes of Jin Yong (金庸群俠傳)

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Heroes of Jin Yong (金庸群俠傳), first published in 1996, is a computer role-playing game based on the storyline and characters in Jin Yong's novels, developed by Heluo (now Oriental Algorithm System).

In the computer game, the player takes on the role of someone from modern society who wakes up one day to find himself in Jianghu. The player learns that in order to return to modern society, he must find all fourteen Jin Yong books and be declared the champion of Wulin. The books are scattered around Jianghu and the player must interact with many characters from the Jin Yong novels, each with their own story to tell. Some characters are friendly and willing to help the player in his quest, while others are hostile and fight with him. The player must learn his own martial arts in order to coerce or persuade others to give him the books. There are a wide variety of martial styles and weapons available, including sword, knife, whip, and palm styles. The player can also choose to follow a righteous or evil path through his actions and deeds, with different reactions from characters depending on what path he takes.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_Jin_Yong
------------------

Does anyone remember playing the game? :D :D
This game brings back some fond memories. I played it many many years ago when my cousin gave my siblings this game, it was very amusing, hehehe! I haven't read/watched all of Jing Yong novels but it was interesting interacting with some of the characters, and of course building up your own team!

♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

doranikofu
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Re: Heroes of Jin Yong (金庸群俠傳)

Postby doranikofu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:11 am

i didn't play it but i know some of my friends like it

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:23 am

Hah, I even played it on my phone (There is a project similar to SDLPal but only for this game!)
You can find it on the Heroes of Jin Yong's fansite here
I just wish someone went through the dialogs and translated them, because that interpreter is based on LUA, so the dialogs are open for editing even with notepad :|

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:46 am

Does anyone remember playing the game? :D :D
This game brings back some fond memories. I played it many many years ago when my cousin gave my siblings this game, it was very amusing, hehehe! I haven't read/watched all of Jing Yong novels but it was interesting interacting with some of the characters, and of course building up your own team!

Same, I played it a long time ago 8) . It's very hard to beat the game without a walkthrough because the map is so broad XD. I was really suprised that 野球拳(Rock-paper-scissors) was the strongest technique in the game (if you train it all the way till level 10). Also the last battle was ridiculous as the mainchar vs. either 10 villains or heroes in the game. I got to fight with the strongest heroes in the game cuz I didn't pay attention to my moral haha :lol:

You can find it on the Heroes of Jin Yong's fansite here
I just wish someone went through the dialogs and translated them, because that interpreter is based on LUA, so the dialogs are open for editing even with notepad :|

Wow, really?! I might give it a try if the editing works with notepad :oops:

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 am

hahaha yeah!! I didn't know about the fist attack either!! I kept teaching my character all sorts of move and levelling them up, until my cousin told me to level up his first attack. The damage is incredible O_O I even thought it may have been a bug! Since then, every time I played, I'd keep making the character punching "nothing" just to train it up, lol...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Xire wrote:Wow, really?! I might give it a try if the editing works with notepad :oops:

If you really wanna try doing that, I'll help in any way I can
You can find the interpreter here and the discussion is here

Return to “Gaming”