What are some games?

Discussions and topics for all other games belong here!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

What are some games?

Postby ryshi » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:30 am

What are some games that are like PAL1?

like the game graphics, storyline OR date of release that's similar to PAL?

but not necessarily chinese, preferably english ^^

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:45 am

Not sure, I don't play much games..but they'll probably be like other RPG ones like Final Fantasy lol They got a bit of romance lol..maybe just a little bit.
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:01 pm

I think Softstar's "Xuan Yuan Jian" series and SoftWorld's "Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan" are also classic Chinese RPGs in the 1990s... but the three are mostly in totally different styles.

There is also Kingsoft's "Jian Xia Qing Yuan" which tried to imitate PAL1, but with more curtural and historical backgrounds (IMHO it's less interesting but pretty good too).

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:48 pm

another game which worths to mention is Softstar's "Pi Li Qi Xia Zhuan", which is based on the story of a Taiwanese puppet drama. This game is made by the same team as NewPAL XP and many of the elements in this game (items, magics, etc.) were taken from PAL1.

Can you recognize who the "flying" guy is? (well... all the sprites in the game were in puppet form so there is a wooden board (?) on him) :)

however unfortunately none of the games above are available in English :(

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:45 am

Woah that's an awesome screenshot, that's xy!!

care to give a little summary? :D :D (whether whole game or just this scene, either is good!!)
and why is he here in this game? I'm guessing he's like a legend and it motivates/gives hints/warns the character below or something :D:D:D

seanluusa
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby seanluusa » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 am

another really good Chinese Wu Xia RPG game also made by SoftStar is Xuan Yuan Jian, also translated as Sword of Xuan Yuan.

SoftStar seems is publishing the Xian Jian game in the odd year and publishing the Sword of Xuan Yuan game the in the even year.

Sword of Xuan Yuan series already had 9 games including the newest one just came ou the end of 2007.

The DOMO team who made Sword of Xuan Yuan game series became really famous in China.

the Xian Jian series and Sword of Xuan Yuan Series are "2 Sharp Swords" of SoftStar to lead the Chinese RPG market.

actually I thin the gameplay of Sword of Xuan Yuan series is much better than Xian Jian Series.

Difference between Xian Jian and Sword of Xuan Yuan:

Xian Jian is more focus on LOVE story and the Xian Jian 1 story was the best, however, the graphic was crappy :cry:
Sword of Xuan Yuan has love too, but more focus on Chinese History, the interesting gameplay mixed Chinese History with old Chinese fairy tale about Gods and Devils.

the name of Xian Jian series is always The Legend of Sword and Fairy plus the series version nuber, such as "The Legend of Sword and Fairy I"
they only have one expansion which is "The Legend of Sword and Fairy III: The Proposal"

the name of Sowrd of Xuan Yuan always as Sword of Xuan Yuan whith the version number and the version name, such as "Sword of Xuan Yuan III : Beyond Clouds and Mountains"
and the name of expansion are always as Sword of Xuan Yuan Legend, then the name of the expansion. for exanple: "Sword of Xuan Yuan Legend: Billows of the Bleak"

those are my summary above, if you guys are interesting in Sword of Xuan Yuan. they have more infor in WIKI which I pu the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_Xuan_Yuan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend ... _and_Fairy

and if you can read Chinese, read the Chinese WIKI about those 2 games. they have more infor because there are more fans in China.
All YOU NEED IS LOVE ---by BEATLES

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Haha. I only play PAL among all the softstar games. But maybe i should try out the rest... :D

seanluusa
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby seanluusa » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:57 pm

these are some snapshots about Sword of Xuan Yuan Series.
and the link below are opening CG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_tKy7H2ydQ

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_cg00XODUyNTQ0.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7dz9cD2ouo&feature=related
All YOU NEED IS LOVE ---by BEATLES

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:12 pm

that's a scene where you can learn that "stealing from the enemy" magic...

btw, for Xuan Yuan Jian series I think SWD2A and SWD3E are definately the best ones, and SWD5 seems kinda "PAL2'ish" i.e., too short and many confusing parts (but the graphics are cooler than old versions of course)...

Return to “Gaming”