Final Fantasy fans?

Discussions and topics for all other games belong here!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Do you like FF?

yes
92%
no
No votes
never played it
8%

Total votes: 12

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:23 pm

^ did you have trouble with omega weapon? I have never got that far, but I heard it was the toughest boss.

and how do you prefer the love storyline? do you prefer:

a) character ends up with no one/can't pick which girl (ff7)
b) character ends with one solid girl (ff8)

do you think it would ruin the story if quistis/selphie went into the relationship too?

and sometimes I feel a bit of pity when a girl in a game doesn't end up with anyone (when the situation shows they are suitable and # of male > # of female)
Whistler will save the day.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:59 pm

ryshi wrote:^ did you have trouble with omega weapon? I have never got that far, but I heard it was the toughest boss.

and how do you prefer the love storyline? do you prefer:

a) character ends up with no one/can't pick which girl (ff7)
b) character ends with one solid girl (ff8)

do you think it would ruin the story if quistis/selphie went into the relationship too?

and sometimes I feel a bit of pity when a girl in a game doesn't end up with anyone (when the situation shows they are suitable and # of male > # of female)

I didn't mind Rinoa being the only one for Squall ^^ They're sooooo cute together XD Quistis was kinda on the border line, wasnt she? Thought she had a thing for Squall, but afterwards it was clear Squall didn't have feelings for her.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:17 pm

well I have something totally messed up in FF8 (basically my level is too high, and I didn't draw many magics, didn't get better equipments and didn't played the card game at all) so I don't think I can beat the hidden boss easily :( but I heard it's possible to kill it in one turn if you are lucky enough to get the "The End" skill :)

as for the storyline, well, you can see that in my current avatar (although I don't think FF7 is primarily a love story) :) anyways I'm not really a big fan of FF8, especially its story which is kinda a mess - but it's quite sweet and emotioning to see the parts when Squall and Riona are together so I think I don't mind about the other 2 girls very much either :) however it's indeed a pity that they become completely battle machines in the later parts of the game...

doranikofu
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Re: Final Fantasy fans?

Postby doranikofu » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:13 am

OMG
I chose the wrong option..
I play it but I'm not FF fan...

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re:

Postby Whistler » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 pm

^ actually I'm not a hardcore fan either, specially I don't like the totally unbalanced and non-challenging gameplay of later versions :)

Kenshin wrote:The funny thing is, disc one on one copy is scratched beyond belief while disc four on the second copy is scratched too. Quite amusing. And I hated the card game. That was one reason why I never bothered to fight Omega Weapon because I didn't want to get the cards to refine them into the items that make you invincible. That and I never had Rinoa learn her Limit Break which also made the party invincible.

well I don't think staying invincible is absolutely necessary for Omega Weapon, just junction 100 Ultima's onto Strength (Ultima's can be obtained from Ultima Weapon which is totally lame despite of what the Scan said), 100 Hastes onto Dexterity, as well as Str+20%/40%/60% skills, and use the limit breaks of Squall, Irvine and Zell (which I would call unbalanced), you'll be able to take it out in no time if you're lucky enough to get that 9999*n move for Squall :)

also, use the Defend command can totally block its Terra Break move.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re:

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Whistler wrote:well I have something totally messed up in FF8 (basically my level is too high, and I didn't draw many magics, didn't get better equipments and didn't played the card game at all) so I don't think I can beat the hidden boss easily :( but I heard it's possible to kill it in one turn if you are lucky enough to get the "The End" skill :)

hehehe.. I was only lucky to get "The End" once! But I was sooo excited XD XD XD When Selphie was doing her limit break, I was so close to skipping "The End" cause I didn't know what it does, but my bro was there watching and he's like "OMG, USE IT!" hehee.... but it wasn't on a boss, though.

I didn't play the card game either...not really a fan of them ^^;;
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “Gaming”