Best place to buy Chinese games online?

Discussions and topics for all other games belong here!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

kimimi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Best place to buy Chinese games online?

Postby kimimi » Sun May 17, 2009 3:31 pm

I've been buying all my Chinese games from Yesasia, but their selection is limited and vastly inflated over prices Chinese gamers would pay (far more than for Japanese imports) and I would like to play many more Chinese PC games without torrenting them!

So far all I've found are -
Amazon.cn (won't ship games abroad)
http://nmouse.com.tw/001/index.php (says they do on the site, but the checkout doesn't alter shipping prices to international charges and they don't respond to my Chinese emails)

Can anyone help? There are so many beautiful special editions out there I would love to get my hands on :)

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: Best place to buy Chinese games online?

Postby Whistler » Sun May 17, 2009 9:19 pm

well most of my Chinese games has notices like "for sale in People's Republic of China only" on the box, so I don't think you can buy them easily from a "formal" online store. :evil:

kimimi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby kimimi » Sun May 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Would you mind posting a few links to decent Chinese shopping websites? As I said, when you try to buy them off Amazon China they give you a warning message that says "There's a problem with your order" and make you remove all the games :(

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Sun May 17, 2009 9:35 pm

I don't buy stuff online that much, but I think http://www.dangdang.com/ is a online bookstore which has video games too (apart from Amazon)... although I'm not sure if they can ship the games abroad.

PS: once I have tried to buy some PlayStation games on USA Amazon (which is known to ship books amd DVDs internationally) but they don't ship the games to China either :cry:

doranikofu
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby doranikofu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:33 am

if you can speak chinese you might want to buy from taobao, some individual sellers may provide international shipping. and it seems you need a chinese yuan account

kimimi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby kimimi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:27 am

I hope nobody minds me bumping this thread, but I finally found a service to ship Chinese games abroad!

This eBay seller - Click!

I've ordered four games so far, one of which was the massive Gu Jian limited edition. From first contact to him sending it out took less than a week, and everything was well packed and he always responded quickly to emails. Exactly the same story with the other games I ordered too - they all arrived safely, were all ordered where I asked them to be ordered from (no sneaky switching to a cheaper outlet or bootlegs - he even included the Amazon.cn order sheet to prove it), and he always laid out the charges clearly and in a single email, no mystery last-minute handling fees/"oh so sorry your item actually weighs 3KG more than the listing says it does" charges.

Sorry if this sounds like an advert, but I was searching for ages for someone who'd do this and this guy's service has been nothing short of perfect, and I hope it will help some other fans in the future :D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:28 am

That's good to hera :D Thanks for sharing this link with us!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

kimimi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby kimimi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:36 pm

I just hope it helps, even though I've been searching constantly for over a year now finding genuine Chinese games to buy has been really hard. Now I can get anything I want easily and brand new! All those wonderful games that I thought I'd never even get to download, now I can own the real thing :oops:

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:29 pm

kimimi wrote:I hope nobody minds me bumping this thread, but I finally found a service to ship Chinese games abroad!

This eBay seller - Click!

This link does not work anymore :evil: But thanks for sharing the method, it is something people can look into.

kimimi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby kimimi » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:08 am

Sorry about that, here's a link directly to the guys eBay profile - link

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Rich » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks for the reply! :|

Kenshin
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Kenshin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:42 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've done a bit of searching and found a lot of forwarding services on Ebay. I haven't used them yet, but if you look up 'Amazon China' on there, you'll get a lot of different people willing to buy you whatever items and you only have to pay them a tiny fee. Seems like an absolute steal.

Speaking of which, looking on Amazon China, and if my conversions are correct, a lot of these games are extremely inexpensive. You're telling me I could buy this or this for a little over $30? Sold!

And sort of off-subject, but what's with all the mega super special limited editions of these games? Makes it hard to choose :evil:

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Pff, I usually give a small order list to chinese buddies that live not far from my dorm and they help me in summer when they get back home :)

Return to “Gaming”