I need help..I can't read Chinese >.>

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Shinjumi
Hero Wannabe

I need help..I can't read Chinese >.>

Postby Shinjumi » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:15 am

Ok..SOO.. I got as far as the part where we have to float on those lilypad things..and I can't get past that...(I know..I'm a noob) I also have no idea how to save the game...I kinda guessed that it was the first option on the options window (yeah..I found the options window) but it still doesn't work...so can someone please help me? Like maybe tell me the controls and how to use the skills (or whatever Xiao Yao finds in that chest while floating on those lilypad things) Yeah...So if anyone could help me...I'd greatly appreciate it. This is the 95 version btw =)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:58 am

Thats okay, sometimes people get stuck with the lilypads, key thing is to remember which direction you have taken. In every direction you will reach one of those statues... when you find one, walk right up to it, click it, and select an item. I think it's an axe, pretty much an item those guys give you at the beginning.. when you find all 6, come back to where you originally started and a bridge will take you to the other side.

To save, I think you just hit 'Esc', go down to the last option, click on that, then the first one and I think that's save... (this is from memory only) Hope someone who is definate will come over to help you out :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Shinjumi
Hero Wannabe

Postby Shinjumi » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:19 am

ooo thanks ^^..yeah..i tried that save method...but it still didnt save o.O...thanks for your reply anyway though..o...and if you click on that save option that you mentioned.. you get five options right? looks like saving slots...yeah..ok if it really saved then will it indicate somethign that you saved? like..if its an empty slot then i think it shows a zero....thanks again~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:56 am

Wow man, there really is no point playing the game if you can't read Chinese...

You will miss the most important part....The story.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Pal Fan
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Pal Fan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:06 am

But you still gotta give it to him, playing it without knowing where to go.

BTW, is the lilypad place near the end? Or near the beginning? Either way he's good.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:58 pm

I think he's talking about the beginning, since it's rather hard to get near the end without any saves...

Can you understand any chinese? Maybe a little bit? When I played 10 years agp, my chinese was still limited, but I knew enough to understand bascially what they were saying and what to do.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ngai
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby ngai » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:34 pm

the 1st option in the last submenu of the main menu
im 100% sure that its save...at least on my version
but u can always try the 2nd option if that doesnt work

yes theres 5 save slots
the number increases each time u save...so u should see a 1 if it saved properly
if it doesnt work, then are u running the game from a cd or something which is read only?

Shinjumi
Hero Wannabe

Postby Shinjumi » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:21 pm

ooo ok...yeah...I can read very little Chinese...but I've seen the drama thrice and so I pretty much know the storyline...yeah..I figured later on that I didn't install the game yet..and so it was reading from the CD ._. Well thanks for all your replies anyway ^^

P.S. I'm a girl btw =)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:08 am

oh, sorry- I sorta assumed you were a guy since most gamers were guys ^^;

Great to have another female member here ^_^ if uou need furhter help, feel free to ask :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Shinjumi
Hero Wannabe

Postby Shinjumi » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:17 am

Thanks for the offer ^^ I probably will need more help...seeing as I couldn't install it on my XP and so installed it on my 98...and for some reason my 98 doesn't have language options so I can't even try to figure out what they're saying ^^;...it's all in unicode..[or non-unicode? o.O]

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:43 am

New Pal (XP) version will only run on Win98..And if your 98 don't support Chinese coding, then it will only display messed up unicodes.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

ryuko_hikaru
Hero Wannabe

Postby ryuko_hikaru » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:59 pm

Somehow I think microsoft seems to be biased against people who speak other languages, nvm that........

Basically I can only tell you that you can get an English-Chinese dictionary somewhere.....but it is tough trying to fit the words together. Lets hope softstar will make a english one sometime soon. if you can get a screenshot you can't understand I would be more than happy to translate it for you.

P.S I tend to get below a C (usually F) for my mother tongue although I am a chinese because I am pretty weak in my languages and couldn't be bothered till the exams come. But I will try my best to help you out if I can.

Shinjumi
Hero Wannabe

Postby Shinjumi » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:50 am

lolz..thanks a lot for the oofer ^^.. i managed to get a program from njstar..so its not bad now..but for some odd reason some of the characters dont show...but anyway...i managed to get to some town..and im stuck.. if im not mistaken...recalling from the drama..i think its the zombie infected vilalge.. and then i got to a scene where some kid was talking to xiao yao and yue ru..and then there was a scene with ling er and the doctor..and then yue ru disappeared...and now i dont know what to do >.<..anyway...yeah..thanks ^^

P.S. I merely passed my Chinese Level 1 saturday school course with a 60 XD

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:41 pm

Yup, that's the vampire saga part.. (you'll find the scary zombies real soon!! ^^) I think you're up to the part where Xiao Yao needs to collect some items to heal Ling Er, and Yue Ru has gone off to collect some items too. You will get back with Yue Ru later so don't worry :)

From memory, you need to catch fish, by going to a fisherman place, talk to him and then grab the rod off the wall...go up to a river and you'll see fishes swimming around. You also need to catch a goat with another item which you pick up from the ground..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ryuko_hikaru
Hero Wannabe

Postby ryuko_hikaru » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:59 pm

use the trap and go to the 2nd forest.

Watch where the deer runs..it follows a pattern.

Put the trap you got from the previous forest in its path and you will catch it.

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”