Stuck in JingCheng

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Amaterasu
Hero Wannabe

Stuck in JingCheng

Postby Amaterasu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 am

Hi,

I'm playing Pal95 (or maybe it's DOS). I'm not quite sure what's the difference between the two.

I'm stuck in Jing Cheng where Li xiao yao and Lin yue ru met CaiYi. They just had dinner with the aunt and Yue ru says that she will Xiaoyao around the city. Now I believe I have talked to everyone already but nothing is happening. I don't quite know what to do at this point or where to go for the story to move on. This is before they find out CaiYi is a butterfly fairy...

Can someone please help me?

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: Stuck in JingCheng

Postby Whistler » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:12 pm

try to find a beggar who wants half of the total amount of your money and agree to give him the money.

Amaterasu
Hero Wannabe

Postby Amaterasu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:42 pm

It worked! Thanks a lot.

On a side note, I've noticed a very annoying bug in the DOS version of the game (or at least, the version I have). Every time I save and exit the game, Li Xiao Yao's experience points go down to zero. This bug doesn't seem to occur with any other character. Any idea why this happens?

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:16 pm

that's a known bug with the DOS version, however it can be fixed by a patch:

https://sites.google.com/a/palx.org/pal ... ects=0&d=1 (proxy needed if you're living in Mainland China)

Amaterasu
Hero Wannabe

Postby Amaterasu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:48 pm

thank you :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Whistler wrote:that's a known bug with the DOS version, however it can be fixed by a patch:

https://sites.google.com/a/palx.org/pal ... ects=0&d=1 (proxy needed if you're living in Mainland China)

It's a bug??? :o :o

I remember playing it years back and I had no idea XY lost all his experience points after quitting. Then when I finally realized, I thought the game made it like that so the other character's can level up quicker compared to XY, lol. Naive. From then on, I would only quit the game when XY gains a level...

*sigh*
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”