Help pls

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

karitas
Hero Wannabe

Help pls

Postby karitas » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm stuck at the part where Ling Er received the cloak / staff from the Nu Wa statue and she's meant to visit the Altar.

When I go to the altar, nothing happens. Is there something that I need to do first?

Thanks!

karitas
Hero Wannabe

Re: Help pls

Postby karitas » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:34 pm

I've looked everywhere.. and found this walkthrough (http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/x ... ntId,8117/).

It says that "then proceed to the temple and examine the queen statue. After the scene, go to the right part of the temple. You have now all the elemental pearls (on top of your inventory, and also visible as equipment), so stand in front of the square pool at the end of the room, and select those pearls one by one. There is a certain order for those pearls, but if you choose a wrong one, the game will simply refuse to use it, so try another one. Sometimes it is hard to find the exact spot on which you should select the pearls, so circle around the pool and find a different spot. After the last pearl is thrown, there will be a pre-rendered cut-scene. Descend the stairs and fight an easy battle. It's time for the final dungeon of the game."

Does anyone know what the walkthrough means by a square pool? There's no square pool in the temple or at the altar! Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 am

It's been a while since I played it so my memory is fuzzy..but I'm pretty sure the spots to put the stones are displayed in the below screenshot:

(Which version of PAL are you playing?)

PAL 95/DOS version

New PAL/XP
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

karitas
Hero Wannabe

Postby karitas » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks Jennifer. I'm playing the Win 95 version of PAL (i.e. the English-patch version that you can download off these forums).

I've tried going to each of those 5 spots based on your screenshot and selecting "item -> use -> ** jewel", but it keeps saying "no effect".

Perhaps this is a bug with the English-patch version that I will need to raise separately with the programmer.

Thanks again!

P.S. Good to see another Sydney person here - talk about a small world!

Xire
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Xire » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:36 am

Thanks Jennifer. I'm playing the Win 95 version of PAL (i.e. the English-patch version that you can download off these forums).

I've tried going to each of those 5 spots based on your screenshot and selecting "item -> use -> ** jewel", but it keeps saying "no effect".

Perhaps this is a bug with the English-patch version that I will need to raise separately with the programmer.

Thanks again!

P.S. Good to see another Sydney person here - talk about a small world!

Hi karitas!
There's a giant stone tablet in the altar, where you have to insert a specific jewel first.

Then the square pool will appear.
It's only going to work if you place the right jewel at the right spot other wise it will show no effect. The best way is to try all 5 jewels in each spot. 8)

karitas
Hero Wannabe

Postby karitas » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks Xire / Jennifer!

Finally figured it out - you put the Nuwa Jewel on the big tablet (at the base of the stairs leading up to the altar). This releases the pedestals on the altar for you to place the elemental jewels on - and the rest is history. Very happy camper! :D

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”