SDLPAL Related Questions

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

SDLPAL Related Questions

Postby Pantamorph » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 am

Hi, Wei! :|
I made this topic so that others wouldn't have to ask questions about your interpreter in new topics :)
What I wanted to ask you is this
1. Now that we have SDLPAL95, do you have any plans of adding support of the Sega Saturn versions of XJ to your interpreter in the future?
2. Are you going to merge the code of SDLPAL95 with SDLPAL? (Maybe in order to make one interpreter for all versions of this game, you know, sort of like ScummVM?)
Thanks in advance!
Eugene

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: SDLPAL Related Questions

Postby Whistler » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 pm

> 1. Now that we have SDLPAL95, do you have any plans of adding support of the Sega Saturn versions of XJ to your interpreter in the future?

no, file format of saturn version is too different from DOS/win95 versions which I cannot reverse engineer :(

> 2. Are you going to merge the code of SDLPAL95 with SDLPAL? (Maybe in order to make one interpreter for all versions of this game, you know, sort of like ScummVM?)

yes but maybe several years later due to GPL violators and a**holes who used my code to make adware :evil:

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Re: SDLPAL Related Questions

Postby Pantamorph » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:28 am

Whistler wrote:yes but maybe several years later due to GPL violators and a**holes who used my code to make adware :evil:

Thanks for the answers!
BTW, it would be wise to add to your project's website something like:
If you ported SDLPAL to your device, contact me to add the port to the official port list. Those ports that are not on the list are NOT tested and verified and may harm your mobile device or steal your money! Maybe that will stop some people from downloading corrupted and malicious software! :D

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”