Loopholes XD

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Loopholes XD

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:51 pm

Have you found anything funny/strange in the Xian Jian game which is sorta buggy, but you can work your way around it? ^^

For one, it is possible for Ling Er to obtain the stone her mother posesses, before she visits the statue (and u get Ling Er's mothers' cloak and sceptre) When Xiao Yao visits the past, you can change the stone Ling Er's mother is equipped with- with something else. and..tada, you can give Ling Er the stone and she is powered up =D

ngai
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby ngai » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:52 am

in the dos version, u can give lots of exp to xiao yao =P
his experience points are not cleared when you open another game, so u can fight a boss to give him many points, then open up another game and he'll keep those points from the boss

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:29 am

I actually didn't know about the experience points- and that for the other characters, if you suddenly save and close the game, they lose all their exp points prior to gaining a level o.o I was quite sad about that..lol..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:42 pm

yea, me too lol Felt sad when I found out..it was like, nearly gaining a new level *save it for another time ^^* comes back to see experience = 0 :cry:
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

ngai
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby ngai » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:13 pm

the dos version had another bug...u can get infinite fruit from the tree outside Sheng Gu's house =)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:42 pm

I donno if this is a bug or not, but u can keep grabbing a LOT of money from Yue Ru's Aunt!! LOL.... Spend them on swords.....ehehee.....
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:58 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I donno if this is a bug or not, but u can keep grabbing a LOT of money from Yue Ru's Aunt!! LOL.... Spend them on swords.....ehehee.....

I remember that, lol. When you get the money, you can spend it on buying things, and when you run out, you can go back and ask again (but from memory the walking is a bit far)

I slightly recall being able to get lots of wine but I can't exactly remember when/where/how +_+

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:25 am

Actually, we can buy the max enough of wine with Aunty's money..lol..sometimes I think u can use more than 9 Jiu Shen.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:41 am

There is this EXTREAME bug I've discovered on the XP version..

Normal game:
After you killed the Snake and Fox demon in the cave. After you rescue the girls and go through the back exist of the cave, you will get bitten by the little fox and continues on the road to the village where you will reunite with Ling Er...

My glitched game (I used a character editor to get all items):
After I killed the Snake and Fox demon, rescue the girls, went out the back exit. Instead of getting bitten by the little fox, I see all the girls I've rescued standing there and an conversation automatically starts: "Thank you so much for rescuing us, please visit us sometime (Paraphrase)". And they all walk away...Then you see Yue Ru standing still will Xiao Yao will start seizure and starts to walk REALLY FAST around Yue Ru and the game stays there...

too bad I delete the game and the save file is gone...

And there is another popular glitch:

WHen you are 10 years ago, after you get the Water stone from yourself, go to the 10-step-hill (十里坡) and use the "Guiding bee (引路蜂)" or the Earth Stone which will normally take you to the entrance of particular maze. But here, you will see yourself transported to the Butterfly girl's house 10 years ago where she will ask if you likes flower. Now you can explore anywhere here except the place where it will trigger an Yue Ru dialogue (The brothel, talking to the guy asking for money)

However, the cave maze where you will find the Spider demon is open, I don't know what happen if you get to the end of the maze.. (I didn't try because it's too hard, they all look alike)
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:06 am

oh..wow... :shock: how interesting! lol...

I only played the DOS so I wouldn't know...I can't remember being bitten by a little fox though...only the bunch of girls thanking and walking off o.o

The going back to the past one sounds really interesting.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purpleGirl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:55 am

Not sure if its a bug or some special thing- in the dos version, the first enemies you encounter are the monsters (moving grass). If you're lucky, you can gain 10 level ups after one fight..and tada, you have a head start etc. Ive seen it happen a couple of times.

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Thu May 03, 2007 3:33 pm

In the XP version, the stat changes Linger gets for the dream snake transformation (about +60% attack, -30% agility and luk) are permanent. You retain the stat changes even after battle has ended, and you can compound the stat changes over many battles, resulting in some absurd attack stats for Linger after a few battles, since the growth is exponential. It's pretty convenient for the last dungeon with its many high hp and hard hitting enemies.

In addition, you can choose to not switch her equipment after she dons her mother's items. This allows you to retain the double strike property of her dual swords in her human form, which you lose permanently if you switch her weapon to the heavenly snake staff.

It's pretty fun to watch Linger rip through everything by just attacking, though battles get somewhat boring when she is so powerful. She ends up with very low agility, meaning you'll have to take the enemies' hits before she kills them, but I believe you can get it back to reasonable levels (it'll still be lower than Xiayao and Anu's, most likely, but more than those of your opponents') by gaining levels.

For your entertainment, screenies:

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:21 am

Terrapin Knight wrote:In the XP version, the stat changes Linger gets for the dream snake transformation (about +60% attack, -30% agility and luk) are permanent. You retain the stat changes even after battle has ended, and you can compound the stat changes over many battles, resulting in some absurd attack stats for Linger after a few battles, since the growth is exponential. It's pretty convenient for the last dungeon with its many high hp and hard hitting enemies.

In addition, you can choose to not switch her equipment after she dons her mother's items. This allows you to retain the double strike property of her dual swords in her human form, which you lose permanently if you switch her weapon to the heavenly snake staff.

It's pretty fun to watch Linger rip through everything by just attacking, though battles get somewhat boring when she is so powerful. She ends up with very low agility, meaning you'll have to take the enemies' hits before she kills them, but I believe you can get it back to reasonable levels (it'll still be lower than Xiayao and Anu's, most likely, but more than those of your opponents') by gaining levels.

Is this a bug or just part of the game? :shock:

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:06 am

It's a bug, and it's fixed in a patch that you can get from here:
http://www.joypark.com.tw/download/
Scroll down to find 新仙剑奇侠传. The top is the simplified version. The bottom is the traditional version. This patch also fixes the bug that allows you to do the quest in the peach blossom forest after the time limit has passed (after getting the wind orb and before returning to Sheng Gu).

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:55 pm

wow............ that is crazy! XD Never seen such high damage from a wack...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”