Some questions

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Some questions

Postby ryshi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi I beat the game a long time ago but suddenly I came across this gold mine (referring to this site)
I can't read chinese and I have some questions regarding the game, please answer them ^^

1) Who are Xiaoyao's parents? what did they do/what were their purpose in the game?

2) What was the poetry about the Ling er recited when they met?

3) Who is the guy in red with the eye patch that captured Ling er?

4) Why did Ling er turn into a snake at Yueru's house?

thanks, i hope this will make this place more active

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Some questions

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:51 am

ryshi wrote:Hi I beat the game a long time ago but suddenly I came across this gold mine (referring to this site)
I can't read chinese and I have some questions regarding the game, please answer them ^^

1) Who are Xiaoyao's parents? what did they do/what were their purpose in the game?

2) What was the poetry about the Ling er recited when they met?

3) Who is the guy in red with the eye patch that captured Ling er?

4) Why did Ling er turn into a snake at Yueru's house?

thanks, i hope this will make this place more active

hello and welcome ^^ I'll try answer some of your questions..ehehee..

3) The guy with the patch on eye is Shi Zhang Lao, and he wanted to bring the princess back to their country. I'm a bit shaky on his actual "status/position" but is some high ranked official I believe. Someone please come correct me, lol.. I'm getting this confused with the drama.

4) Ling Er has Nu Wa Descendant blood (half snake half human) but her true form is only first revealed when she becomes pregnant. She fell pregnant when she met Xiao Yao. And thus.. the baby at the end =)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:33 am

Thanks for the reply!

For #3, I saw you said you reached level 99, were you able to defeat him? because from what I recall he was the strongest and I couldn't beat him.

For #4, does that mean biologically speaking her egg was fertilized at THAT time at Yueru's house? haha that sounded weird, but right now I'm confused whether it is because she became pregnant at that moment or was it because of her emotions that she had at that time that made her lose control

and what made her sleep with xiao yao? was it because she was forced to marry xiao yao that she had a "might as well" attitude or because she fell in love with him? why did she fall in love? (cuz it's a really short time before they even know each other)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:15 pm

Yup, I couldn't beat him..haha, he's actually impossible to beat- cause u kinda have to lose to him for the story to continue since Ling er must leave with him. In a later version, it is said it is possible but you don't win much experience points and the results are just the same so not much point beating him ^^; Just steal from him, lol

For #4, does that mean biologically speaking her egg was fertilized at THAT time at Yueru's house? haha that sounded weird, but right now I'm confused whether it is because she became pregnant at that moment or was it because of her emotions that she had at that time that made her lose control

and what made her sleep with xiao yao? was it because she was forced to marry xiao yao that she had a "might as well" attitude or because she fell in love with him? why did she fall in love? (cuz it's a really short time before they even know each other)

Nah, it's definitely due to her pregnancy. It may seem like a short time between the marriage and them arriving at Yue Ru's but a few months must have past for the travel and everything.

Why she slept with XY..well, they are married ^_^;; Esp back in those Chinese period it's kinda "proper" to sleep together on the night of marriage. As a LE and XY supporter, I believe it was love. But yeh, it was a two-way thing, and it just happened, and no one forced them to so I believe its love.

ehehe..hope that helps.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:48 pm

Ah, thanks for your insights. It is definitely helpful. I totally forgot that travelling would take days.

Haha let me ask some other questions.. (sigh it sucks not being able to read chinese)

1) What happened on the night after they defeat the first boss? there was a conversation outside xiao yao's room in the night (did ling er wanted to sleep with Xiao yao?!?!? XD)

2) What's the relationship between the guy with the butterfly girl and yueru? my friend said they were cousins but I also read someone say yueru and him make a couple (although they are uncompatible personality-wise)

3) I assume xiao yao doesn't know he was married to ling er during the journey after the pill incident until he meets ling er's true form. Did yueru know they were a couple? how did she perceive them? (cuz they travelled together and such before meeting yueru)

4) Aside the reason from being a LE and XY supporter ^^, why didn't xiao yao sleep with yueru as well when they were travelling together searching for ling er?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:29 pm

haha, this is fun =)

1) What happened on the night after they defeat the first boss? there was a conversation outside xiao yao's room in the night (did ling er wanted to sleep with Xiao yao?!?!? XD)

Ling Er said she couldn't sleep because she was having nightmares and wants to sleep with him ^^ Obviously he doesn't know they slept together before so was shocked. cute.

2) What's the relationship between the guy with the butterfly girl and yueru? my friend said they were cousins but I also read someone say yueru and him make a couple (although they are uncompatible personality-wise)

Yup, Yue Ru and JinYuan are cousins but in those days, cousins could apparently be lovers and marry. Their personalities clash, but is more apparent in the drama.. the game is a bit different from that. Assuming we're only talking about the game version, the butterfly lady fell in love with JinYuan since he saved her (when she was in butterfly form) from a spider but got poisoned in the process. They eventually became married even though JinYuan only loved Yue Ru. The Butterfly lady eventually saves him.. a tragic kind of love story here.

3) I assume xiao yao doesn't know he was married to ling er during the journey after the pill incident until he meets ling er's true form. Did yueru know they were a couple? how did she perceive them? (cuz they travelled together and such before meeting yueru)

I think it was kind of obvious XY and LE shared a bond that was very close and intimate. He often referred to her as "My LingEr" (which ppl don't usually..say XD) (In the drama, it was given that XY and LE were a couple even tho he doesn't remember marrying her or anything.. they just look like a couple ^^)

4) Aside the reason from being a LE and XY supporter ^^, why didn't xiao yao sleep with yueru as well when they were travelling together searching for ling er?

XY and YR aren't exactly.. married or anything.. her father forced him to but they didn't officially "marry" and then Ling Er disappeared that night and they went looking for her. At that point, YR already admitted that XY is the only one she would ever marry before she runs away from home and after XY. When they traveled on the journey, they were going as companions though he eventually grew feelings for her too.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:10 pm

...and you don't actually need Level 99 to beat Shi Zhanglao... about level 18-20 will be enough in the old (DOS or Win95) version :) Just steal many "Xi Xing Suo"'s in the tomb and trade them for money... and then use "Qian Kun Yi Zhi" to beat him (also don't forget to use the "Jin Gang Fu")... yeah, it will be time consuming but if you want a challenge you could give it a try :P

in the New XP version I think it will require a better level as in 7th round Shi Zhang Lao will use a ultimate move which kills everyone immediately.. and 6 doubled "Qian Kun Yi Zhi"'s will only result in damage of 30,000 HP... while he has 32,767 HP. So the challenging part will be the 2,767 HP rest... also, weapon-throwing in New XP version has been seriously weakened.

also, Li Xiaoyao in PAL2 was beatable too with a level of 26... :)

> 1) Who are Xiaoyao's parents? what did they do/what were their purpose in the game?

his father is known as "Southern Thief Hero" or something like that, which is mentioned if you talk with someone in the first village... but his mother wasn't mentioned in the whole game.

> 2) What was the poetry about the Ling er recited when they met?

I think basically it's like (sorry for my bad translation :():

If you won't be back, why not forget about it
If we don't have the fate to be together, why do you promise
Everything happened today has passed and has no memory
Tomorrow we'll be strangers

> He often referred to her as "My LingEr"

I think this only appears in two places: 1) the Monster Tower and 2) when Li Xiaoyao is meeting the Queen, and not very "often" :P

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:06 am

Ah thanks for the replies! and thanks whistler for the poetry translation and pics ^^ I'm so excited as I'm learning more about these!

ok first some questions for whistler (chibi jen can answer them too) regarding the battle mechanics

1) I never played pal2, what was the battle with xiao yao like? is it in the beginning of the story, why did they fight, what characters did you control, etc.?

2) in pal1 who are the people you can battle and still lose to? some that comes to mind is the eyepatch guy, yueru's father, butterfly girl and the ghost (the green one in snow tower)??

3) is xiao yao's dad the strength of immortal? or is he mortal level? (Refer to the 6 realms: god, immortal, mortal, demon etc.) is he famous only in the hometown or as famous everywhere else?

4) in pal2, is xiao yao famous everywhere? does everyone know he defeated the boss? and did he achieve immortality?

ok now for some general questions regarding relationships ^^

5) so ling'er has only been referred to "my ling'er" at those 2 times. do you think XY doesn't want YR to hear him call her that?

6) does the family of yue ru know about jinyuan's feelings for yueru? cuz it seemed everytime yueru and jinyuan meet, yueru would frown (^^) does yueru know jinyuan likes her and doesn't want xy to see his love for her?

7) are there any incidents (like maybe quotes or pics) where XY shows love for YR DURING the journey? like XY obviously shows signs after she died from the flashback, but i mean during the journey like how YR shows her love by covering XY with blanket at the thief place

8) in the spider/butterfly town, are there any details into the place with women where xy enters alone without yueru? just curious *ahem* and provide *details* as much as possible ^^

thanks for your replies. some questions may sound silly and doesn't make sense.. but in that case just reply with opinions is fine ^^ thanks

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:24 am

ehhe.. I'll leave the battle mechanics to.. someone else seeing as I haven't played PAL2.

5) so ling'er has only been referred to "my ling'er" at those 2 times. do you think XY doesn't want YR to hear him call her that?

Hm, I don't think XY was that sensitive and thought so far not to call LE that because it may hurt YR's feelings.

6) does the family of yue ru know about jinyuan's feelings for yueru? cuz it seemed everytime yueru and jinyuan meet, yueru would frown (^^) does yueru know jinyuan likes her and doesn't want xy to see his love for her?

haha, due to her personality, YR just makes it upfront and obvious she does not like him..(at least in the drama) I don't think she really cared that XY knew.

7) are there any incidents (like maybe quotes or pics) where XY shows love for YR DURING the journey? like XY obviously shows signs after she died from the flashback, but i mean during the journey like how YR shows her love by covering XY with blanket at the thief place

Well, after the butterfly bit when XY and YR head towards the spider place, there's a scene where they were together. It looks like they were about to do something but was interrupted. XD

8) in the spider/butterfly town, are there any details into the place with women where xy enters alone without yueru? just curious *ahem* and provide *details* as much as possible ^^

Oh, you mean the black thief lady who was flirting with XY? I'm a bit hazy on that one..just remmeber it made YR extremely jealous.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:43 pm

1) I never played pal2, what was the battle with xiao yao like? is it in the beginning of the story, why did they fight, what characters did you control, etc.?

[SPOILER]
at the beginning of PAL2, Li Xiaoyao was trapped into a place where everyone and everything was faked. And later (at about 70% progress of the game) Wang Xiaohu (that boy in the first village of PAL1 who mentioned that there was a "fairy" in a island after Aunt Li became sick, later becomes the main character in PAL2) and Shen Qishuang (a girl who wasn't appeared in PAL1) went into that place to get him out. Then when they met Li Xiaoyao, they thought he was faked too and attacked him (...and this was the real one, so you are supposed to lose here).
[/SPOILER]

2) in pal1 who are the people you can battle and still lose to? some that comes to mind is the eyepatch guy, yueru's father, butterfly girl and the ghost (the green one in snow tower)??

well for Lin Tiannan and the butterfly girl, you cannot lose in several rounds otherwise it will still result in a big game-over.

There is also Gai Luojiao (the woman who fighted Shi Zhanglao before Zhao was captured by Jiansheng - only in DOS or Win95 version, in XP version losing to her will be a game-over too), but she wasn't hard to beat at all so it would be better to beat her unless you are in such a hurry :)

3) is xiao yao's dad the strength of immortal? or is he mortal level? (Refer to the 6 realms: god, immortal, mortal, demon etc.) is he famous only in the hometown or as famous everywhere else?

I think the "6 realms" only applies to PAL3 and later versions and not 1 and 2 (it seems both 1 and 2 has lumped ghosts and demons together). But for your question, it seems he was "mortal level" but was famous everywhere (the one which mentioned him in the first village was supposed to be famous everywhere too).

> 4) in pal2, is xiao yao famous everywhere? does everyone know he defeated the boss? and did he achieve immortality?

Li Xiaoyao was the leader of Shu Shan Clan in PAL2, and was indeed famous everywhere (even for the kids in the first city) :)
however I don't think he achieved "immortality" - or at least this wasn't mentioned... but judging from the ending picture it was likely that he would not involve in fighting that much after this...

> in the spider/butterfly town, are there any details into the place with women where xy enters alone without yueru? just curious *ahem* and provide *details* as much as possible ^^

well I don't think he was talking about that burglar scene :) that place was actually a whorehouse (and you can even ask for a prostitute there too - but it was just a waste of money :D)

> YR just makes it upfront and obvious she does not like him..(at least in the drama)

...and also in the game, when they were about to enter Liu's room.
Last edited by Whistler on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:20 pm

wow thanks, I appreciate everything you guys said ^^

can you tell me what's the difference between the two whore houses? one where there's 2 floors (i think that's the prostitute) and the other one is a bath house?? and what goes on inside exactly? can you get xiao yao to particpate? XD

and can you maybe translate (or summarize) what xiao yao and yue ru talk about before they enter liu's room?

sorry i'm asking so much, but i still have questions...hehe

1) who is the frog lady? (one of the boss fights before spider)

2) at the spider place, was it just the guy that was poisoned or was it the whole place? because I recall the screen shaking

3) at the spider place, the yellow guy obviously failed to clear the scene, but did the drunk master do anything? cuz he was drunk and collapsed

4) what is the purpose of the blue time guy in the snow tower (the one in the scroll)? and what is the reason for the ghost?

thanks

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:44 pm

hehe, I'll need to count on Whistler and other members to answer most of these ones. I'm not 100% sure myself =p I didn't pay much attention to the whore houses.. being a girl and all XD

I never questioned who the frog lady was..ahahaaa... in the drama though (It could be completely different)- she was some demon who had a baby frog as a child with a human. The purpose of her was the explore further the status of a demon/mortal relationship (hinting the relationship between XY and LE)

2) at the spider place, was it just the guy that was poisoned or was it the whole place? because I recall the screen shaking

The Spider poisoned JinYuan, and I think the butterfly lady cast some kind of spell on everyone else.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:11 am

> can you tell me what's the difference between the two whore houses? one where there's 2 floors (i think that's the prostitute) and the other one is a bath house?? and what goes on inside exactly? can you get xiao yao to particpate? XD

the other one is a bath house. In XP version you can spend $800 to get into there and get $2000 as well as several other items :)

> and can you maybe translate (or summarize) what xiao yao and yue ru talk about before they enter liu's room?

Li Xiaoyao said "IMO it must be your not willing to marry him that caused his sickness", and Lin said "I only treated him like a brother" or something like that.

> 4) what is the purpose of the blue time guy in the snow tower (the one in the scroll)? and what is the reason for the ghost?

that was a monster which is known as "celestial book" or something like that, who is supposed to know everything but it seems he just liked monkeyshine (he tricked that blocking monster in the same floor to get away) :) he was also the one who gives the idea of destroy the tower to get out of it.

the "ghost" there will help you to open the exiting door of that floor.

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:27 pm

^ oh I see, so in the xp version, when you go in, you can actually get some items in return :D

oh and thanks whistler for the upload links for the game.
I was playing it through again and I came up with new questions ^^

1) Why was so many girls stuck in snake place? I know they couldn't get out, but why were they there?

2) When you pick up the red wine bottle at the thief's place you get captured by the chinese police and they ask you a bunch of things. I noticed while they talk, yueru never says anything, only xy tries to defend himself. If yueru supposedly loves him, why didn't she try to defend him? (I can't read chinese... so please explain)

3) and what is the question the judge ask you where you reply yes or no? (if you answer no you keep getting spanked and yes you get to go outside)

yup that's it for now :d

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:22 pm

> 1) Why was so many girls stuck in snake place? I know they couldn't get out, but why were they there?

they were captured by the snake demon :)

> 3) and what is the question the judge ask you where you reply yes or no? (if you answer no you keep getting spanked and yes you get to go outside)

It's like "Do you confess?" or something like that.

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”