Some questions

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:08 am

^1) Chinese culture wise, why does the snake demon do such a thing? he has the fox wife after all?

What's the purpose of these women? are these supposed to be like concubines for the emperor? (except it's for the snake man)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:28 am

I think they're used as food o.o
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:10 am

...only in the drama. In the game they were captured to serve them (which sounds less "evil" and you even have their daughter as a "good" person in PAL2) :)

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 am

Merry christmas everyone!

some new questions:
1) Referring to the old dos version, are techniques learned randomly? I recall playing one time I learned the circle attack right after fighting the first bush monster (before I even get to the drunk guy)

2) When you defeat the big toad the first time (right after the thief area), you can talk to its stomach and it will open and give you an item called "5XX" (can't read the last 2 words), what does this item do?

3) is XY an alcoholic? it seems to me each time he goes to a restaurant he asks "is there wine?" ^^ do the girls scold him because of this?

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:01 am

> 1) Referring to the old dos version, are techniques learned randomly? I recall playing one time I learned the circle attack right after fighting the first bush monster (before I even get to the drunk guy)

Nope. Magics are only learnt when you reached a certain level.

> 2) When you defeat the big toad the first time (right after the thief area), you can talk to its stomach and it will open and give you an item called "5XX" (can't read the last 2 words), what does this item do?

By equipping that item you can protect yourself from any of the poisons.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Merry Xmas to u too ^^
1) Referring to the old dos version, are techniques learned randomly? I recall playing one time I learned the circle attack right after fighting the first bush monster (before I even get to the drunk guy)

hehee.. I know what you're referring to.. I believe it's a bug- the same thing happened to my sis when she played it- it's not suppose to happen but u got lucky (and a huge advantage!)

3) is XY an alcoholic? it seems to me each time he goes to a restaurant he asks "is there wine?" ^^ do the girls scold him because of this?

I didn't think he was an alcoholic, didnt really pay close attention to those details ^_^;
men drinking wine in those days were very common and normal.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 am

I was reading the wiki page whistler recommended in the other thread about pal 2. I noticed it has been updated lately and as I was reading yueru's profile, it says "Lin takes on a very strong liking for Li and vows not to be married to anyone except for him"

Just wanted to know, when did this happen?

and also, in pal 2, as the protagonist meets the girls, does he recognize them? as in does he get friendly because they are related to the heroes of pal1?
Whistler will save the day.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:33 am

ryshi wrote:I was reading the wiki page whistler recommended in the other thread about pal 2. I noticed it has been updated lately and as I was reading yueru's profile, it says "Lin takes on a very strong liking for Li and vows not to be married to anyone except for him"

I think that's something she said when she was leaving her home.

and also, in pal 2, as the protagonist meets the girls, does he recognize them? as in does he get friendly because they are related to the heroes of pal1?

nope :)

basically the Fox Demon was utilizing him at the beginning and Xiaohu didn't know who she was, and Shen Qishuang is not related with PAL1 at all.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 pm

ryshi wrote:I was reading the wiki page whistler recommended in the other thread about pal 2. I noticed it has been updated lately and as I was reading yueru's profile, it says "Lin takes on a very strong liking for Li and vows not to be married to anyone except for him"

Yup, it was in the game, when Xiao Yao rushes off to find Ling Er, and that's what YueRu says her to father before chasing after Xiao Yao.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 am

^oh i see

what about yiru? did yiru know xiaohu? did xiaohu know yiru?
Whistler will save the day.

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:23 am

I'm pretty sure she does.
She is the daughter of a hero afterall, and she often comes off the island to the village to play.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re:

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:17 pm

ryshi wrote:^1) Chinese culture wise, why does the snake demon do such a thing? he has the fox wife after all?

What's the purpose of these women? are these supposed to be like concubines for the emperor? (except it's for the snake man)

They were captured to serve the couple and to clean up around their huge mansion XD

Poor Su Mei though... Grew up without her parents...

Her parents don't really kill except when attacked...

2) When you defeat the big toad the first time (right after the thief area), you can talk to its stomach and it will open and give you an item called "5XX"

...hahahahahaa, it sounds so funny the way you say it xP The Party actually cut the toad's stomach open and took out a Five Poison Pearl. It is known to cure all kinds of poison. In the game, you can equip it and it'll protect you from being poisoned. It's really helpful.
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: Some questions

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:16 am

I was reading the wiki page whistler recommended in the other thread about pal 2. I noticed it has been updated lately and as I was reading yueru's profile, it says "Lin takes on a very strong liking for Li and vows not to be married to anyone except for him"

Yue Ru never actually said something like that. At least not in the XP version which is the one I played.

2) in pal1 who are the people you can battle and still lose to? some that comes to mind is the eyepatch guy, yueru's father, butterfly girl and the ghost (the green one in snow tower)??

In the XP version, only Shi Zhang Lao and the Demon Hag in the dream of the beginning of the game are unbeatable. (Well, Shi Zhang Lao might be beatable if you can figure out how to kill him within six rounds...)

6) does the family of yue ru know about jinyuan's feelings for yueru?

Yes.

1) who is the frog lady? (one of the boss fights before spider)

She's a boss who blocked the Party's path. She hates humans with a passion...

3) at the spider place, the yellow guy obviously failed to clear the scene, but did the drunk master do anything? cuz he was drunk and collapsed

The Sword Immortal of Wine managed to reveal the butterfly spirit's true form. That was why XY and YR were able to see her wings and such. The Wine Sword Immortal claimed that he didn't actually collapse from being drunk, but that passing out was actually part of the process of making the butterfly spirit reveal her true form.

can you tell me what's the difference between the two whore houses? one where there's 2 floors (i think that's the prostitute) and the other one is a bath house?? and what goes on inside exactly? can you get xiao yao to particpate? XD

One is a brothel, one is a bathhouse. Xiao Yao cannot participate in the bath house and Yue Ru cannot participate in the brothel.

2) When you pick up the red wine bottle at the thief's place you get captured by the chinese police and they ask you a bunch of things. I noticed while they talk, yueru never says anything, only xy tries to defend himself. If yueru supposedly loves him, why didn't she try to defend him? (I can't read chinese... so please explain)

I didn't get this part either... If Yue Ru loves him, then she should at least say or try to do something instead of just watching Xiao Yao getting his ass beat -_- She didn't even ask him if he was okay!

All of my answers are based from my experience from playing the XP version, so some answers may not be exactly the ones you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure they're close enough.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”