FAQ available?

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

WeedFeeder
Hero Wannabe

FAQ available?

Postby WeedFeeder » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:39 am

Hi all.,

Just want to congratulate the admins on the great side you're running here and a big thank you for providing a download of the game. Now my problem is this:

I really have no idea what I am meant to be doing as I unfortunately I am quite embarassingly illiterate in the great Chinese alphabet. Is there an English script available of the game anywhere or does anyone know if the game's dialogue uses its own text files? Really, I would just like some instructions in English so I could enjoy this classic game. Thank you for your time.

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:18 am

I don't think there is an english script. There is an english demo that you can play (up to the point of meeting the 2nd girl), check the goodies section for it. That project recontinued after a long break last time I checked, so maybe in the future you can play an english one.

Besides the story, you can still beat the game without being able to know chinese. Are you looking for instructions to beat the game or just the story?

and are you really from South Africa? I used to live there in pretoria
Whistler will save the day.

zhaolinger
Hero Wannabe

Postby zhaolinger » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm so sorry but there isn't an English script,but there is one demo on RPG Maker.That's make by two fans from English.They translate this game.There isn't an English script,hnnn,that's a big problem.ALL are in the future...

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:26 am

Hi there =) Thanks for your kind compliments!

It's a shame there isn't a English script written for this wonderful story/game =( I'd love to do one but my Chinese is a little rusty (and sadly, my English vocab is sooo limited to express Chinese terms even though I'm a ABC)

You're more interested in the story right? Cause you can play the game without knowing any Chinese ^^;..well, kinda... but the story is the beauty of it all.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

coldish
Hero Wannabe

Postby coldish » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Hi there =)
You're more interested in the story right? Cause you can play the game without knowing any Chinese ^^;..well, kinda... but the story is the beauty of it all.

Agreed, cos i don't read what they are saying and but the amazing thing is i know what the story is about and i love the game though my chinese is bad.
abc

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”