Need help on gamefaq on the game

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

venomhao
Hero Wannabe

Re: Need help on gamefaq on the game

Postby venomhao » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:54 am

oh ic haha :P i just played till there haha. so now i have to go through that crazy maze now right? ... >.<

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:18 am

The maze with the gods is the most insane maze ever! It's pretty hard to keep track of it, but it's still worth it in the end to get these special abilities =) Good luck!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

venomhao
Hero Wannabe

Postby venomhao » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:12 am

i'm cope with some problem...after ling'er is awake, i brought her to visit her mother's statue... after the statue, i not sure where i should be going.. all i know is that she wants to learn her mother's power... so i went to the cave where there is a lot of holes.... however, i dunnoe why, when i walk into the hole, the game will turn black and does not load..>.<

anybody can help? :(

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:02 am

there is a path somewhere near the statue (go down one or two stairs from the statue, then go right and you'll find it).

also, going into that "crazy" maze with Ling'er will result in black screen in NewPAL XP version, that's a known bug so you may need to avoid that :(

venomhao
Hero Wannabe

Postby venomhao » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:20 am

o.O ic Thanks! haha i tot i have to start going through the maze with ling'er :P thxs again for your help. :P

just finish watching the whole drama for the 4th time... still cannot hold back my tears after watching the ending.. :( so sad.. :'(

teolilian
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby teolilian » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:45 pm

how am i suppose to defeat the 7 dragons in the suo yao ta?? im stuck there for ages already... the three of them (linger, xiaoyao, yueru) mp is always running low.. then alot of special powers cannot be used... )):
I love Xiao Yao and Ling Er!!! Xian Jian forever!!! 天涯海角,永不分离!!! True love exists...

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:12 pm

they should be fairly easy to defeat, it's just a matter of time.
Use items to restore MP and it will be okay. However I won't bother restoring Yueru's MP here, as her specials are kinda lame, just cast double-attack and attack power-up on her and let her use normal attack.

venomhao
Hero Wannabe

Postby venomhao » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:20 pm

just completed the game with some areas not covered yet :P

erm.. for those dragon, i equip my char with the orb with the same ability the dragon is.. e.g, there is the earth dragon.. so i equip ling'er with earth orb... i equip it for ling'er is because i treat her as my "healer" as she has a spell which heal every member 300 hp...

and erm.. before the fight, cast the defence spell on all your char ^^ xiao yao and ling'er can cast def spell.

from there, slowly fight ^^ confirm will kill them :P

oh yer.. now my problem :P i remember see-ing a thread with some "peach" place? is it near the place where the old granny where yue ru died and ling'er need some stuff to help her recover and keep xiao yao's and ling'er's baby...

because, at that place, i saw a place with lots of pink colour flower trees... but cannot enter :(

while waiting, guess i will go find xian jian 2,3 and 4 to download :P

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:10 pm

venomhao wrote:oh yer.. now my problem :P i remember see-ing a thread with some "peach" place? is it near the place where the old granny where yue ru died and ling'er need some stuff to help her recover and keep xiao yao's and ling'er's baby...

because, at that place, i saw a place with lots of pink colour flower trees... but cannot enter :(

You have you use the wind orb to enter the peach place =D It blows the mist awya or something, hehe. Congrats on finishing the game by the way =D Hope you had a good time!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

teolilian
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby teolilian » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:40 pm

Whistler wrote:they should be fairly easy to defeat, it's just a matter of time.
Use items to restore MP and it will be okay. However I won't bother restoring Yueru's MP here, as her specials are kinda lame, just cast double-attack and attack power-up on her and let her use normal attack.

can give me some examples of the items that restore MP?? most of the items i tried using are for HP...

venomhao wrote:and erm.. before the fight, cast the defence spell on all your char ^^ xiao yao and ling'er can cast def spell.

xiaoyao has def spell??!! which one is it?? i've been playing for so long and i didnt realize that -.-''' probably because i didnt try all the spells...
I love Xiao Yao and Ling Er!!! Xian Jian forever!!! 天涯海角,永不分离!!! True love exists...

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 pm

items for recovering MP - 鼠兒果,還神丹,靈山仙芝,天仙玉露,靈蠱,etc.
items for recovering both HP and MP - 蜂王蜜,神仙茶,etc.

xiaoyao has def spell??!! which one is it?? i've been playing for so long and i didnt realize that -.-''' probably because i didnt try all the spells...

真元護體 or use item 金剛符
Ling'er also has one - 金剛咒, all of them will cut all kinds of damage received by half for several turns.

venomhao
Hero Wannabe

Postby venomhao » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:53 am

yep those are the spells im talking about ^^

if you really really REALLY does not have any trick or enough level to kill all those dragon, yue ru have a spell which is throw money on the monster... and the damage is fixed at 2,500. But the amount of cash it cost you will be 5,000 if im not wrong.. but i can tell you, keep the money is kinda usles..>.< i played till the ending and have lots of money left without knowing what to do haha. ( that spell of throwing money is learnt when yue ru is level 16)

here is the list of skill.. (credit goes to Chibi Jennifer and rich )http://photo.163.com/photo/ricfromcanada/#m=2&ai=17041449&pi=658539527&p=1

For MOST armour and weapon, most of them are found in the maze so no need buy... so i guess for this version, the money is used to buy potion and to use as attack :P

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:37 am

teolilian wrote:xiaoyao has def spell??!! which one is it?? i've been playing for so long and i didnt realize that -.-''' probably because i didnt try all the spells...

haha! I didn't know about them until like.. the 4th-5th time I played the game lol.. then I was like "WHAT? That is so awesome and I never knew!!" XD What a waste, should definately use it =)

venomhao wrote:but i can tell you, keep the money is kinda usles..>.< i played till the ending and have lots of money left without knowing what to do haha. ( that spell of throwing money is learnt when yue ru is level 16)

Dunno about XP version, but in the DOS, 95 version, you can buy "level-up worms"..haha.. so even when all 3 characters are level 99 (which mine were XD) you can give them these worms and all their stats increase. Very expensive worms I must say!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”