Personal failure to read chinese and play the game

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Personal failure to read chinese and play the game

Postby taisun93 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Ugh... while i was playing the game my Chinese was absolutely terrible. In fact, i gained like 5 levels bumbling around in the ghost town trying to figure out what to do. Basically I have to questions to ask.

1. I hear a pill being referenced that caused Xiao Yao to forget stuff. What was it that he forgot and when did he take it?

2. Due to rashness I completely skipped the Cherry Blossom Town and the God Spells Dungeon. Yeah... Baiyue owned me. What happened in those two scenes?

3. Did A Nu ever have any feelings for Xiao Yao, I mean he did accidentally kiss her and everything.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Personal failure to read chinese and play the game

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi taisun93! You've reached the end and didn't know what was happening... if only you found us sooner. Nevertheless, I'm sure theres plenty here willing to help you with your questions =)

I'll briefly go over some..

1. I hear a pill being referenced that caused Xiao Yao to forget stuff. What was it that he forgot and when did he take it?

He forgot the fact he went to the Island and met Ling Er overall... in other words, the fact he saw a snake demon (Lao Lao), the fact he was made to marry Ling Er, and of course, even sleeping with her... =(

2. Due to rashness I completely skipped the Cherry Blossom Town and the God Spells Dungeon. Yeah... Baiyue owned me. What happened in those two scenes?

hmm.. it's been a while so I can't remember the exact details...maybe Whistler can help you with this one =)

3. Did A Nu ever have any feelings for Xiao Yao, I mean he did accidentally kiss her and everything.

I think A Nu did have feelings for Xiao Yao, but she kept it inside since she knew he was already married to Ling Er and they both share a baby.. I don't think he kissed her though?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 pm

So did he remeet her when he found her bound in a bundle?

Well how do you get into the Cherry Blossom village? I tried to get in but couldn't. The cave was just a nightmare of freezes and crashes.

He did kiss her. He fell out of the tree after a failed jump and he was severely injured. He woke up, and thought it was Ling Er that just healed him and kissed her.

BTW thanks for answering. Glad to be on the forums.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Postby Whistler » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:07 pm

for crashing programs with NewPAL, it's likely that you're using the old version of NewPAL which has bugs. Download this file and replace the palgame.exe file with the one in the archive:
http://rapidshare.de/files/40958062/palgame.rar.html

for what happened in the village and the dungeon, well I'll not spoil the whole length of story in the village but the dungeon is just a crazy maze (maybe not that crazy in NewPAL) where you can get those summons for a reward, nothing really special :)

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Well problem is there was a virus on that one computer i had Xian Jian on... kinda sucks i lost my files so i had to make myself happy trying to remember what happened.

Also when i played the game i couldn't find out how to get into the village.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:21 am

use the wind orb (which you just got for beating the phoenix) at the entrance to blow up the fogs, and you'll be able to go in :)

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 am

ugh.... this is gonna take quite a while. Can't even find my game. *cry*

ryshi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby ryshi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:29 pm

I actually replayed (old) pal only after learning the cherry town, I didn't even know about it before until I learnt it from whistler, but I did get past the maze pretty easily.

I'm not sure about new pal, but old pal was a hug and not a kiss (although she blushed and pushed him away)
Whistler will save the day.

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:12 am

Maybe I remembered wrong about the kiss, but i remember he sure did something you weren't supposed to do to a stranger.

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:57 am

He hugged her, that's all. You are not supposed to hug a stranger (not in the Chinese culture, at least :D )

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 am

Hmm... just a hug? then i remembered wrong. By the way, is there any other optional quests because i'm about to restart the game and I don't want to miss any this time around.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 pm

^ the only real side quests in the game are the ones which you've already mentioned :)

there are some other optional parts, such as helping the girls in the first village to find a doctor for their father; but you can't really get any reward and it's absolutely of no fun other than getting some thank-you's from the girls, lol :)

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 pm

hmmm yeh, don't think there's other quests.. you can always just talk to every person there is, and they usually tell you something random-like, you can give Ling Er a hair accessory or something and it makes her happy- though it doesn't change the story at all.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:39 am

Whistler wrote:there are some other optional parts, such as helping the girls in the first village to find a doctor for their father; but you can't really get any reward and it's absolutely of no fun other than getting some thank-you's from the girls, lol :)

That's probably why in the sequel PAL2 every side quest has some reward.

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:37 am

side quests in pal 2.... are you talking about the random drum guys and locked boxes. OMG i played pal 2 and i hated those. Also i think there was the one with the money stealing rats and the bad floor boards. ugh...

Awesome, so I really didn't miss out on that much.

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”