A few things I never really got about XJ1

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

A few things I never really got about XJ1

Postby taisun93 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:55 am

In the beginning, why did Lao Lao make Xiaoyao marry Linger? From Linger's hesitant partial description it sounded like he did something really bad.

If Linger's mom sacrificed her life and the leviathan wasn't killed, how was Linger capable of doing so with her kamakazi?

In XJ2 Yueru was alive, does that mean the bugs you gave to Shenggu worked? and that the scene with Yueru in the snow holding Yiru is real?

Why do the ShuShanPai people do nothing against Baiyue?

Oh and this last one is just quite tangential of a thought not all completely pertaining to XJ1 or answerable but i just want to put them out there:

How did the Shuilingzhu and tulingzhu get to where they are in XJ1? I haven't played XJ3 so no spoilers plz but i played XJ4 and last time i checked Tianhe had them at the end of the game.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: A few things I never really got about XJ1

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:01 am

In the beginning, why did Lao Lao make Xiaoyao marry Linger? From Linger's hesitant partial description it sounded like he did something really bad.

Well, he perved at her having a bath and pinched her clothes..kinda embarrassing, no? XD

If Linger's mom sacrificed her life and the leviathan wasn't killed, how was Linger capable of doing so with her kamakazi?

Not too sure about this one..

In XJ2 Yueru was alive, does that mean the bugs you gave to Shenggu worked? and that the scene with Yueru in the snow holding Yiru is real?

Can't help you with this one since I've never played XJ2, but I assume so.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Rich
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Love them all

Postby Rich » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 am

taisun93 wrote:If Linger's mom sacrificed her life and the leviathan wasn't killed, how was Linger capable of doing so with her kamakazi?

Because Linger is more powerful than her mom?

taisun93 wrote:In XJ2 Yueru was alive, does that mean the bugs you gave to Shenggu worked? and that the scene with Yueru in the snow holding Yiru is real?

The scene with Yueru in the snow holding Yiru is always real. The bugs kept Yueru from dying, but they couldn't resurrect her soul to life (Don't ask for a scientific explanation....)

taisun93 wrote:Why do the ShuShanPai people do nothing against Baiyue?

Because they are not main characters? So they are not allowed to steal the show...
Actually, if you think about it, they don't even know (or care) about the conflict between the White/Black Miao people.

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:39 pm

taisun93 wrote:In the beginning, why did Lao Lao make Xiaoyao marry Linger? From Linger's hesitant partial description it sounded like he did something really bad.

Why do the ShuShanPai people do nothing against Baiyue?

Oh and this last one is just quite tangential of a thought not all completely pertaining to XJ1 or answerable but i just want to put them out there:

How did the Shuilingzhu and tulingzhu get to where they are in XJ1? I haven't played XJ3 so no spoilers plz but i played XJ4 and last time i checked Tianhe had them at the end of the game.

1. He was to marry her and stay on the island forever with her. But Xiao Yao begged Ling Er to help him escape so she cried and did that poem and said the next morning will be her Master's death's thing and Lao Lao will be busy so Xiao Yao can sneak out.

2. Maybe it's not as strong as before, I mean it's being awaken by some guy name Bai Yue guy but it was sealed by Nu Wa's desendant so yeah...in NewPAL you can actually beat him, and he only becomes powerful after absorbing a whiff of Ling Er's blood so yeah.

3. Yeah it's real, it's the only canon ending anyway.

4. No clue, the entire clan in the game only has 2 people that can do anything anyway. And one is a drunk, the other catches Nu Wa thinking it's demon, pretty damn pathetic I agree.

5. Well based on just XJ1 XiaoYao found the Water orb himself when he was little, and the older version traded with his little self for a wooden sword so it's kind of weird. The Earth Orb I have no clue, probably some demon came across it and just use it to become powerful and make zombies with it.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:18 am

1. Well why did Lao Lao make Linger marry Xiaoyao if she thought that Xiaoyao did something really bad to her?
2. Hmm... weakened? maybe.
3. I should go back and replay 2
4. Sigh... you'll expect that someone able to capture Linger and store her in a tower is actually capable of doing something against Baiyue.
5. I can only assume something happened in XJ3.

Thx for the answers everyone!

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 am

1. There's really no other options to keep Xiao Yao on the island other than to kill him, but Ling Er protested against that so now only leaves the marriage. I mean technically he CAN just stay on the island and act as a grunt to help repair stuff and stuff but it's going to be awkward. Besides Ling Er didn't really mind what Xiao Yao did after he explained himself.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:00 pm

hmm yeh, plus maybe its a responsibility thing?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

709zzy
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby 709zzy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 am

taisun93 wrote:In the beginning, why did Lao Lao make Xiaoyao marry Linger? From Linger's hesitant partial description it sounded like he did something really bad.

Xiao Yao didn't do anything to Ling Er but the way she describes it to her grandma sounds like he actually did something. Lao Lao had the wrong idea so she forced him to marry Ling Er.

taisun93 wrote:If Linger's mom sacrificed her life and the leviathan wasn't killed, how was Linger capable of doing so with her kamakazi?

Two different people can do the same thing with different outcomes.

taisun93 wrote:In XJ2 Yueru was alive, does that mean the bugs you gave to Shenggu worked? and that the scene with Yueru in the snow holding Yiru is real?

Yes Yue Ru lived. The bugs were used for a method that prevent Yue Ru from dying.

taisun93 wrote:Why do the ShuShanPai people do nothing against Baiyue?

First, the tower was destroyed and the ShuShanPai people have to fight the evil spirits released. Second, Bai Yue is in a separate nation from the one where Xiao Yao comes from. It wouldn't do them any good for the ShuShanPai people to interfere with other nation's politics.

asveron
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ling er

Postby asveron » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:00 pm

In ancient China if you see a girl naked, you have to take responsibility and marry her, because they think that you take away their "virginity" if you see her.

That said even if you marry her you are still considered a horrible person because she could have been able to get a better husband, and you basically forced her to have no choice to marry you because she lost her "virginity".

Then again her family can also just call you a rapist, and you might not be able to marry her either way.

You basically never look at a naked girl, preferably not even her thighs or arms.

It's complicated.

wind23
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling-er

Postby wind23 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:04 pm

It is said that at the end of pal 1, Ling'er's body was destroyed, but her soul was still alive. The last scene we see is exactly that Ling'er's soul had got into Yueru's body, waiting for Xiaoyao with their daughter, Yiru. That is the real ending of pal 1. It is only that the group having made the game did not tell the players for some reason that's hard to explain.

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”