RPG: Fighting styles

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Who's fighting ability did you like using most?

Li Xiao Yao's Technique
40%
Zhao Ling Er's Elemental/spells
50%
Lin Yue Ru's Technique
10%
Anu's Spells
No votes

Total votes: 20

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

RPG: Fighting styles

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:46 pm

The 4 characters we get to use have different techniques, some exclusive to them only~ which fighting experience did you enjoy most? Using which player?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:48 pm

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:44 pm

Let's see...

XiaoYao's moves..I thought he'd learn a whole lot from the Drunken master..ehehe (referring to the clip) The first move looked a bit dodegy (weak), the yellow Paper spell didn't leave much impression on me lol (at least it looks sorta religious considering where the Drunken master is from). The one where a whole lot of swords stab into the ground was nice...it looks nice hahah..reminds me of the Black Thief Girl Saga. The 'Sky sword' looked a bit flat ^^; Not considering the Gods, is that about it?

Zhao Ling Er's Elemental/spells:- ooo..such a large variety to use when you first get her =D Too bad you don't use her that much, and later on the game, everyone uses the elemental gods because they have higher damage. Three looks better than one- out of the elements, I didn't like rock (looks weak), lightning and fire were cool, water and wind looks weak too o.0 eheh..best of all, her healing all =D

ooo..onto YueRu- her first move was sorta useful- (only move that can hit a few bad guys at a time- excellent for the bees ehehe). That One Line was nice, three lines were even better..and then the one that goes Horizontal~!~!~ Dug deeper and deeper into the ground ^^

On to Ah Nu, didn't really like her bee attack...uhm, don't remember much about her ^^;; lol

Cowzors
Hero Wannabe

Postby Cowzors » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:50 am

actually, i've found that the normal attacks work really well on the scorpions (xp version). at the time, i was around lvl 30-40 i forgot which. But with the dual attack and the attack boost spells, i was able to dish out 700-800 damage per turn. not bad :D

tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby tmt64 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:21 am

Cowzors wrote:actually, i've found that the normal attacks work really well on the scorpions (xp version). at the time, i was around lvl 30-40 i forgot which. But with the dual attack and the attack boost spells, i was able to dish out 700-800 damage per turn. not bad :D

The problem with that technique is that it's only effective for boss fights. :? In normal battles, it's not very time efficient.

I like all the elemental spells that hit every enemy. Almost every monster in the game is weak to at least one of the elements. In mazes, the first few monster encounters might be frustrating, but soon you can figure out which elements to use for which monsters, and the battles become really fast and easy.

Xiao Yao's sword spells do around the same damage to everything (although later on I met some monsters that took small damage from Xiao Yao Shen Jian, but average damage from Jian Shen..).

In the last few mazes, xiao yao's jian shen did around 600-700 dmg to everything, while the elemental spells can do up to 1000-1200 dmg to the corresponding elements. The problem with the elemental system is that sometimes monsters of different elements are mixed in one battle, and the element strategy becomes less effective than the sword techniques.

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby LotsOfLayne » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:08 am

Yueru's attack usually is the weakest and it cost the most MP. On top of that, her MP numbers are very weak compared to XY or LE. Ahnu's spells really suck until you get those Gods. Btw, use snow goddess against the scorpions they can do 1000 damage. Xiaoyao shen jian also does about 1000 damage to the Scorpion.
Wow, is this nostalgic or what.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:47 am

yup yup.. snow goddess is good XD

I thought Ah Nu's attacks were actually pretty ok...like the fire bug explosion thing acts as fire damage. Very good on the 2nd last boss (i.e the tree)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”