Just a few questions, for someone near the game's end.

Everything about this classic Chinese RPG 'The Legend of Sword and Fairy' featuring Li XiaoYao, Zhao Ling'er, Lin YueRu and A Nu. Stuck in the game? We can help you.

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Shushan
Hero Wannabe

Just a few questions, for someone near the game's end.

Postby Shushan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:57 am

Please excuse the barrage of questions, from someone who's practicing his moonspeak abilities on this game!

So I'm near the end of the game. I've gotten to the very end of the peach trail, but there's nothing there! Is there something I missed?

Also, I'm going to take on the poison caves soon, and Sheng Gu advised me to use the yin lu feng if I get lost, but I squandered mine in the Qilin's cave. Is there any enemy that drops it? Or can I buy it in Dali city? I vaguely recall getting one as a drop (or steal?) before, but I forgot where...

I've also heard that the Earth Orb can do the same thing, but when I try to use it, it merely says "It cannot be used here." How do you use the orbs outside of battle? (I'm really hoping to try the glitch someone here mentioned for the Ten Years Ago segment, where you get teleported to Chang'an, so this would help).

And...just as one last thing, what items are needed for the special end? I accidentally got the regular sword instead of Xiaoyao's father's sword, but I'm hoping to pick it up on my next run...what else is there?

xlandhenry
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Re: Just a few questions, for someone near the game's end.

Postby xlandhenry » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:43 am

For the Peach Village optional quest, there is a time limit. After Ling'er join the group you can no longer trigger that quest even if you go to the end of the maze.

There are enemies from which you can steal Yinlu Feng, and I think it's some monsters on the giant trees :) And you can buy them inside the poison cave. For an alternate solution, there's an item called 山神石 which has the same effect, you can gather it near Shenggu's residence(search carefully:)). Earth orb no longer has the teleport feature in NewPal :P

About the special end,see
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=212&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Shushan
Hero Wannabe

Postby Shushan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't go up the tree any more...Ah Nu doesn't want to play. :(

And, I'm at the point right after Ten Years Ago, but haven't picked up Ling'er yet. Is it too late?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:14 am

haha, wow, reading this stuff gives back some memories playing the game... XD But I played the 95/DOS version so I'm not sure if it's relevant to XP.

Can't help too much here but good luck! ^^ And welcome :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

kenkou
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: a nu

Postby kenkou » Sun May 02, 2010 4:38 pm

1.So I'm near the end of the game. I've gotten to the very end of the peach trail, but there's nothing there! Is there something I missed?

After you come out of tree hole,in which you and a nu serach the treasure ,you can get into peach forest.
First,if you walk into the right road,and arrive at the begining of peach forest,a thick fog prevent you proceeding.A nu will automatically use the 风灵珠(風靈珠,wind pearl)to disperse the fog.
Finally,you would enter the peach village if you are not miss in previous maze.The boss is near there.

2.Also, I'm going to take on the poison caves soon, and Sheng Gu advised me to use the yin lu feng if I get lost, but I squandered mine in the Qilin's cave. Is there any enemy that drops it? Or can I buy it in Dali city? I vaguely recall getting one as a drop (or steal?) before, but I forgot where...

The main function of item “土灵珠(土靈珠,earth orb)” is to leave most mazes instantly.You can use it infinitely.

3.I've also heard that the Earth Orb can do the same thing, but when I try to use it, it merely says "It cannot be used here." How do you use the orbs outside of battle? (I'm really hoping to try the glitch someone here mentioned for the Ten Years Ago segment, where you get teleported to Chang'an, so this would help).

you must enter maze(ears with enemy) to use that.

4.And...just as one last thing, what items are needed for the special end? I accidentally got the regular sword instead of Xiaoyao's father's sword, but I'm hoping to pick it up on my next run...what else is there?

In xian jian win95/win98/dos,there is no special end.

Return to “PAL DOS, 95/98 and XP Version”