Tales of Innocence and Sword & Fairy 3?

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Tales of Innocence and Sword & Fairy 3?

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:42 am

I've never played Tales of Innocence, but my friends mentioned how similar it is to Sword and Fairy 3 (Xian Jian 3)...

SPOILERS for XJ3 and ToI

Both the main male character of XJ3, Jing Tian, and the main male character of Tales of Innocence, Ruca, are reincarnations of a god general. Jing Tian is the son of the previous pawnshop owner, and Ruca is the son of a merchant. Both Jing Tian and Ruca were often teased by others. I think that both Jing Tian and Ruca hold their swords with both hands and battle by chopping their enemies with their swords.

The main female character of XJ3, Xue Jian, was created by a goddess. However, the main female character of ToI, Illia, is the reincarnation of a goddess, so that is similar yet different to XJ3. Jing Tian's celestial incarnation and Xue Jian's creator were in love with each other, which is the same with Ruca and Illia's godly incarnations. I heard that Illia also has a hot temper like Xue Jian. Both girls use double weapons.

The second time Jing Tian and Xue Jian met, they bumped into each other, literally. The first time Ruca and Illia met, they also literally bumped into each other. Xue Jian had a little creature named Hua Ying following her around, and Illia had a little creature named Coda following her around. When Jing Tian asked what Hua Ying was, Xue Jian said, "Hua Ying is Hua Ying". When Ruca asked what Coda was, Coda said "Coda is Coda". At the time, both Xue Jian and Illia were being pursued. Both Jing Tian and Ruca had no former martial arts practice (I think?).

Both XJ3 and ToI focus heavily on the themes of split personalities (a personal self and a "dark" self) and Reincarnation.

I bet there are more similarities, but those are the only ones I know of since I've never personally played Tales of Innocence.
All of these points really don't seem to simply be coincidence... Has anyone else played both games and noticed the similarities?? :shock:
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Tales of Innocence and Sword & Fairy 3?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:24 am

haha, that's interesting XD. I haven't played Tales of Innocence but from your description it does sound very similar ^^" Which one came first?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: Tales of Innocence and Sword & Fairy 3?

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:35 am

Tales of Innocence was released in 2007, so XJ3 was definitely first =O
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Ninamom
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yqufigo

Mamsy - клуб для мам, детей и малышей

Postby Ninamom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Mamsy - Первый клуб распродаж стильных и качественных брендовых товаров для мам, детей и малышей по эксклюзивным ценам со скидками до 70%.
Ежедневно Mamsy помогает современной маме делать покупки и экономить. В любом месте и в любое время. Только самые интересные и модные товары для детей со скидками до 75%. Более 3000 новинок и актуальных коллекций по лучшим ценам: Reima, Luvable Friends, La Bateau Des Petits, Columbia, Свинка Пеппа, Sylvanian Families, LORI и более 700 других популярных брендов у вас на ладони.
Все фирменные вещи, которые выставлены на продажу в клубе, — только от официальных дистрибьюторов этих брендов.
Mamsy-Ваш второй помощник!

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”