PAL5 - Xiao Man's relationships

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

PAL5 - Xiao Man's relationships

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 pm

I learned from Rich in the other forum topic that Xiao Man is Li Xiaoya's granddaughter, so she's Li Yiru's daughter.

According to this page, her Master is A'nu (but with a different name 海棠)? is that correct? http://baike.baidu.com/view/874444.htm#sub5565642

Feel free to use this topic to discuss Xiao Man's character in PAL5 :)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

evility
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Wen Hui

Re: PAL5 - Xiao Man's relationships

Postby evility » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:01 am

Nowhere in the game does it specifically say that Xiaoman is Li Xiaoyao's granddaughter, but there were many little details that indicates it is so. For example, she mentioned that her grandmother had been leading the Miaos to fight against Baiyue and 水魔兽 (translation fail Orz) when she was sixteen (i.e. Xiaoman's own age during the game). Xiaoman also mentioned that her grandfather, when he was young, saw a 罗刹鬼婆 who whacks people's heads with frying pan XD.

If Xiaoman's grandfather is Li Xiaoyao (Yi Pin 一贫), then her Master is indeed Ah Nu, but with the name Hai Tang 海棠. Some peeps on Chinese forums don't think that's the case, but I'm one of the ones who do :D

I don't know if anyone else has finished the game here, but I'm much more touched by Xiaoman/Long You than I was by Yun Fan/Yu Rou :cry: . For fear of spoilers I will not mention any more, but oh ze sadness :'(

This post also signifies that I shall be back as a blogger, and that I have not disappeared on this site TTvTT! I've been on a 3-months long trip back to China - and hence got the game - where Internet access is limited. As soon as I return to school I'll post up something about the new game that was released :oops:
既不回头,何必不忘? 既然无缘,何须誓言?
今日种种,似水无痕 ;明夕何夕,君已陌路。

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:26 pm

yaaaayy welcome back! I've missed you :D
I don't think I'll end up playing the game, but I am very interested in knowing the story =) I actually watched the "ending" clip I found on youtube...not exactly sure what happened but there are spoilers!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:00 pm

I just finished playing the game. I tried my best to steer away from spoilers until yesterday when I finished the game. I guess the ending comes to no surprise, after all XJ5 is written by the person who did XJ1, which made me cry. Well, honestly, the storyline is not as good compared to XJ4, but graphics and gameplay are really quite good =) Still I loved the game, really and I guess it was money well spent.

Oh and I realised something interesting. At the very end, there are some cranes flying in the air. Well if I didn't remember wrongly, XJ1 (new edition) started off with cranes flying in the air. So does that mean the story has reached a complete cycle? XJ5 is clearly a sequel of XJ1 and XJ2. XJ3 is a prequel. XJ4 is an independent side story kind of thing. It seems like they might not be able to continue the story anymore. Wonder if there will be XJ6 ever... I guess the next one will be completely independent of XJ 1,2,3 and 5. BUT I AM GOING TO BUY IT NO MATTER WHAT 8)

icyspirit
Hero Wannabe
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Lingsha

Postby icyspirit » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:07 pm

There is still gonna be Pal 6, but before that Beijing Softstar needs to finish a side story of Pal 5 using the same Renderware engine, similar to what Shanghai Softstar did for Pal 3. Yao Zhuangxian, the creator of Pal 1 and Pal 5, has said that if Pal 5 gains a remarkable revenue, Pal 6 will be produced using Unreal engine...

But sincerely, I wish they pay more attention on the story, not the graphic...
I had expected a much more moving and enjoyable Pal 5...

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 pm

icyspirit wrote:There is still gonna be Pal 6, but before that Beijing Softstar needs to finish a side story of Pal 5 using the same Renderware engine, similar to what Shanghai Softstar did for Pal 3. Yao Zhuangxian, the creator of Pal 1 and Pal 5, has said that if Pal 5 gains a remarkable revenue, Pal 6 will be produced using Unreal engine...

But sincerely, I wish they pay more attention on the story, not the graphic...
I had expected a much more moving and enjoyable Pal 5...

Oh Gosh... Unreal engine. That means the graphics will be on a completely different level from present isn't it? :D I don't really find the graphics that impressive in PAL5, I mean it wasn't that much better than PAL4. And Yea I agree, the storyline was really not that good. I didn't really get touched even at the very end. But for PAL4, I did feel quite touched following the conversation.

Also, some parts of PAL5 storyline seems a bit forceful. It seems like they just need to fill the story up to make the game longer.. Shan't give details for spoilers... But yea generally, I did enjoy the game but could have been better.

So yup PEOPLE, BUY THE ORIGINAL PAL5 IF POSSIBLE =D So we can have a much better PAL6 xD

kimimi
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby kimimi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:15 am

I don't know if anyone else has finished the game here, but I'm much more touched by Xiaoman/Long You than I was by Yun Fan/Yu Rou

I felt the same way too, I before I started the game I wasn't even sure if I'd like Long Yu/Xiao Man at all but by the end I enjoyed their interactions far more than Yun Fan & Yu Rou's. And the ending was soooo sad, I couldn't bear what happened to them :cry:

I enjoyed the game a lot, but I was never really convinced that Yun Fan & Yu Rou were really destined lovers and all that.

ngai
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby ngai » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Yes, I believe Xiaoman is Xiaoyao's granddaughter.

Highlight to read why (spoilers):

1. In the room with all the books, there are books which refer to characters from the other XJs (1,2,3,4), hence XJ5 occurs after all of those
2. As mentioned above, Xiaoman [小蠻] said her grandmother had been leading the Miaos to fight against Baiyue and 水魔兽 when she was 16
3. In the room with the books, there is a book which says the above battle occurred approx 30 years ago, which is consistent with Xiaoman's age being the granddaughter of Xiaoyao
4. As mentioned above, Xiaoman [小蠻] said her grandfather Yi Pin [一貧] saw a 罗刹鬼婆 who whacks people's heads with frying pan XD
5. Yi Pin said he learnt 御劍術 before he even knew what 蜀山 was (referring to when Xiaoyao learnt 御劍術 at the beginning of XJ1)
6. In the room with all the books, there is a book which says Yi Pin tried to change the code name of his students from Xiao[逍] to wine[酒] in memory of his master (referring to his master being 酒劍仙)
7. Xiaoman says that her master Hai Tang [海棠] is in love with Yi Pin, but not the other way round.
Hence, Xiaoman tries throughout the game to create a 情蠱 (love potion?) to make Yi Pin fall in love with Hai Tang (this one-way love between Hai Tang and Yi Pin is the same that between Ah Nu and Xiaoyao)
8. In one of the sidequests, we see that both 凌音 and 海棠 are in love with 一貧, as they both try to give him a gift.
草谷 (Yu Rou's master) mentions that Yi Pin is very blessed, as so many girls are in love with him.
She also says something like "however, no matter whether its 凌音 or 海棠, the other two girls are more important to him" (I forgot the exact wording)
The other two girls refer to 靈兒 and 月如
9. Yi Pin and Xiaoyao's moves are very very similar - 御劍術, 萬劍訣, 天劍, 飛龍探雲手 (when you fight Yi Pin 20 yrs ago). There aren't really any important moves which Yi Pin knows and Xiaoyao doesn't, or vice versa.
The first 3 are just 蜀山 moves (although the other 蜀山 people don't seem to use them), but the 4th is specific to Xiaoyao (and also Jing Tian from XJ3)
10. Hai Tang's crown looks very very similar to Ah Nu's

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks for posting those Ngai! I definitely enjoyed reading them and it makes it SO OBVIOUS XDDD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:51 am

If so then Li YiRu probably suffered the most "pathetic" fate in XJ due to the "settings" created in XJ3 and 4 (the ones made by a different team of developers, than the original.)

That fate is, in XJ 1 and 2, it was a story of mortals. Having a NuWa descendant in your party you kind of treat her as a Goddess for granted, you don't know much about her, you just know she's special and she has a harsh destiny. But in XJ3, it being a prequel, it explores the NuWa clan's background, back in the age of Gods.

One of the things you learn (that players hear for the very first time in XJ3) is that NuWa clan only give birth to females, and that once the daughter is born, she will slowly drain her mother's life force as she grows older until the mother eventually dies. This is the reason why the NuWa character in XJ3 used a spell to prevent giving birth to Qing Er (Ling Er's mother).

Now Qing Er eventually gave birth to Ling Er, but before Ling Er reached the age where she starts to drain mother's energy, Qing Er sacrificed herself to seal the water demon. So the Ling Er at 16, never went through what she was suppose to go through. But it didn't have much impact because she died sealing the cult master within the year the game took place in anyway.

Now what about Yi Ru? She couldn't harness her mother's energy either. And since she lived a pretty "normal" life compare to her mother and grandmother, she eventually gave birth to a daughter Xiao Man, and the assumption is that, Xiao Man sucessefully drained Yi Ru's life force and Yi Ru died because of that (having being weak because she never got to drain Ling Er's). Which is why if Yi Pin is old Xiao Yao, it's even more sad to know he lost his wife and daughter, although he has a granddaughter now, but...yeah, heavy drinking makes sense.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:49 am

Wahh..that's pretty sad then if it's the case >.<
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 am

The storyline of XJ5 seems to contradict with XJ2

During XJ2 (8 years after XJ1)
XiaoYao went by his real name and was the 掌门 of 蜀山
Ahnv still went by Ahnv not Haitang

During the XJ5 time travel sequence (10 years after XJ1)
XiaoYao apparently became Yipin and got demoted somehow
Strangely, in such a major battle, Yiru, Xiaohu, and Qishuang didn't show up

Also, doesn't 夫人 mean wife? Ahnv is often called 海棠夫人。 Is ahnv being unfaithful?

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 am

夫人 doesn't always mean wife. By itself it kind of means "ma'am" or anything that applies to women that are in an age where they c/should've been a wife. Pretty much used when a woman is too old to be called 小姐 which means "little lady".

But if used as a suffix to something such as 海棠夫人 it could just mean "(Older)Lady-Haitang" Haitang being her given name or nickname.

In another case if used as 李夫人 where "Li" is implied to be the husband's surname, then it would be "Li's Older Lady" which pretty means Li's wife.

As for the original discussion. Unforunately XJ2 was never considered "canon" by any of the developers or the fans. I personally much prefer XJ2 over XJ3 and 4 because those two games had completely new developers writing a completely new story, they could have been easily made their own game instead they slap on the Xian Jian title to I guess get a better sale after the disappointment of 2.

The fans themselves are split between those who played XJ1 and live and die by that game vs those who play the prequels and sworn by those. So XJ2 is neglected by both. For those who haven't played I really suggest giving it a try, it's not BAD on itself, it just can never live up to the expectation it had following XJ1.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Yi Pin is definitely Xiao Yao, and Hai Tang is definitely A Nu. Xiao Man is definitely Yi Ru's daughter.

The time period fits perfectly for Xiao Man to be Xiao Yao's granddaughter. She couldn't possibly be his great granddaughter XD And there can be NO other explanation since Xiao Man...
is a Nu Wa descendent X"3 <3 :oops:

Highlight the words in this post to see the spoiler X3
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”