In the Process of Playing Xian Jian 2~! (COMPLETE)

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: In the Process of Playing Xian Jian 2~!

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:58 am

(Thank you, Yuki ^^ )

I've managed to finish the game. Yue Ru was supposedly resurrected, and Xiao Hu and Qi Qi decide to travel the world together in search of Su Mei, who sacrificed herself to break the spell.
Little do they know, that a little fox has been following them all along......

She looks a little bigger than she was in the first game ^^

How I want to hold you in my arms again……

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: In the Process of Playing Xian Jian 2~! (COMPLETE)

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Okay, now, for my review of the game...

The story sure isn't as good as the first game, but they've changed and added a lot of things. Most of the words that show up on the screen still go by too quickly. The ending dialogue also went by too fast. Inventory is still a mess.

But they made battles look better. Counter attack was added, along with double attack. It's become much easier to save during the game with the Quick Save (Especially since I am a compulsive saver) and you won't just walk into a boss battle without knowing to save beforehand, thanks to the auto-save that was also added. The little spirits were really cute and awesome. The Tiger Spirit was neat, and the gu-feeding was nice. I always have the urge to pick up one of those gu queens and squeeze her. Soo chubby and squishy!! XD

I didn't really like the anticlimatic part with the demon lord. I think that was one of the biggest flaws in the game. Ever since the start of the game, the demon lord's been the reason why Kong Lin was getting his minions to find the demonic artifacts for him. But when the demon lord was finally resurrected, he just stood up, roared, and died. WTF MOMENT!!

Also, Su Mei is my favourite character in the game, because of her tragedy, her life experience, her sacrifice, and her significance to two of the main characters in the first game.
Yi Ru was cute, Qi Qi was nice, and Xiao Hu was righteous, but none of them really seemed to have too much of a personality, especially Xiao Hu. Besides being righteous and kind, there really isn't much to him. He turned out to be nothing like the playful Xiao Hu from the first game. Like completely different people. I don't like how the developers did that to him. I also really don't like how he doubted Ā Mei. He said such heartbreaking things to her without thinking of things in her shoes. But I guess some people are just like that, unable to understand things they haven't experienced themselves. Unlike Qi Qi. Xiao Hu understands how Qi Qi feels because Xiao Hu himself also lost his mother. The last two lines Ā Mei spoke to Xiao Hu made me cry over and over. The ending was also really heartfelt...

Also, the question about which girl does Xiao Hu love most is...well, questionable. Because the game never made that part clear. But, I guess that can be considered a good thing, to just let the player imagine.

Well, that's that for now! Might edit this post again later once I've come up with more stuff to talk about ^^
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”