Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV and V!

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

LiXiaoYao
Hero Wannabe

Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV and V!

Postby LiXiaoYao » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 am

Can anyone give a brief information on how all these sequels / prequels related from Xian Jian 1-5 ? The characters, the timeline, how are they connected ( if they are related at all ), or is it like Final Fantasy series where each one is a stand-alone game even though they share the same elements ?

Thanks in advance :|

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV and V!

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi hi there!

I'm only familiar with the story of PAL 1 and PAL 3, so take this with a grain of salt :) I'm sure other members would be able to give you a more detailed response!

PAL 2 is a sequel to PAL 1. It occurs 8 years after the ending of PAL 1 (So Yiru, Linger and Xiao Yao's daughter is a playable character)

PAL 3 is the prequel to PAL1 (So the events and plot of PAL3 is supposed to occur before PAL1). A character here named "Zi Xuan" is Zhao Linger's grandma (So she's Qing'er's mother)

And thats basically all I know, haha
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Pantamorph
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Drunken Master

Postby Pantamorph » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:19 am

Frankly speaking, I've never played the other installments because I can't read Chinese yet, but I'm not so interested in them anyway, because, as I've read somewhere before, Yao Zhuang Xian, who created the plot, didn't plan on making any sequels and prequels and he made the open ending of the game on purpose so that we could imagine what could've happened to the heroes in the future, which is why I think the future installments, while having a lot of amazing features added to them can't and shouldn't be considered 100% canonical. Of course, that's only my opinion and I am not in the position to stop anyone from playing the next installments, but I thought that I should share my opinion on this matter just in case :roll:

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Postby Yukinaoni » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:55 pm

In the order of timeline in which the different events happened in the series should be: PAL 4 => Pal 3A => Pal 3 => Pal 1 => Pal 2 => Pal 5 prequel => Pal 5. Not sure if Pal 3A is before or after Pal 3.
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:05 am

Yukiaoni is correct on the timeline, except 3 Sidestory is after 3.

In the third game, Zi Xuan is the mother of Qing Er, and it also tells you who Qing Er's father is.
It also tells you where Li Xiao Yao's stealing technique came from.

In 3 Sidestory, it explained how Zi Xuan gained Xu Chang Qing's (the next incarnation of Qing Er's father) trust.
Also talks about Fei Peng and Xi Yao, which were deities in the third game. A demon lord and the main character in the third game also show up.
You also get to see Qing Er, Sheng Gu, Wine Sword Immortal, Sword Saint Du Gu, etc when they were younger.

In the fourth game, one of the main characters helped out a main character in the third game.

The fifth game has Xiao Man as a main character. Xiao Man is Ling Er's granddaughter, also a descendent of Nu Wa. Xiao Yao and A Nu also show up. I've only played a little of this game, so I don't know if there are anymore references to the first game.
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

LiXiaoYao
Hero Wannabe

Postby LiXiaoYao » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Thank you everyone for the info, much appreciated :wink: .

Now if only Steam bring all of them to English, I'd probably be alright being put in prison with all of these games in English to kill time :mrgreen: :roll:

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”