Xian Jian Sequels

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Which of the 3 did you enjoy the most?

I
81%
II
3%
III
16%

Total votes: 31

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Xian Jian Sequels

Postby purpleGirl » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:49 pm

I haven't played the sequels to the game, just the first one, but I was wondering whether 2 and 3 were jsut as worthwhile to play in terms of storyline, characters etc. Has anyone played the sequels?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:20 am

I actually don't know that much about Xian Jian II or III.. but this is what I gather XD:

Xian Jian 2: features Li Xiao Yao, Lin Yue Ru, as well as Li Yi Ru (Xiao Yao and Ling Er's child) when she has grown up, roughly 8 years old. I gather that the RPG characters are soon switched to Xiao Hu, 3 other ladies as well as Yi Ru :) Not sure about the story....

Xian Jian 3: Completely seperate story, with new characters...

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Here are the game covers :)

Edison
Hero Wannabe

Postby Edison » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:34 am

Wow they expanded a lot from the first 1. Never played the other 3. Only the first 1.
~Edison~

obsessionns
Hero Wannabe

Postby obsessionns » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:31 pm

does anyone know where to d/l either the Chinese Paladin I or II? I've got the trial version of Chinese Paladin I but it only goes to where Xiao Yao and Ling'er meets Yue Ru. I really wanna continue playing. can someone PLEASEPLEASELPEASE tell me?
[xiaoyao gege, ling`er will not let you be lonely again]

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:56 pm

ngai wrote:3 is actually a prequel
but the characters barely overlap at all, its set quite a while before 1

i think theyre all good games to play, but 1 is still the best by far

Oh interesting..that's for informing ^^

What was Xian Jian 3 about? Is there anything about the plot that links it to Xian Jian 1?

ngai wrote:the plot doesnt really link with XJ1 as far as i could tell, but my chinese isnt great

XJ3 features that monster tower that got destroyed in XJ1 (and also that mountain which its on)

also features Ling Er's grandma - as a playable character, and also shows a baby (Ling Er's mum)
but she's the only character who i could relate to XJ1
although im wondering if the 'god of swords' in XJ1 was actually in XJ3 somewhere, since he's pretty old so shouldve been alive at that time =)

oh and theres a 3A, in addition to a 3
3A seems to feature some characters in 3 (i saw some wallpapers around the net a while ago)
but i havent played 3A yet

ooo..did Ling Er's Grandma look pretty? XD wow...we get to see a few generations of nu wa descendant...

hmm.. What did Xian Jian pictures look like..I think it's like those FF7 graphic quality..like sort of 3D but they're little characters?

And about the gods... are they mortal? or? I mean..do the gods age?

ngai wrote:the girls are always pretty hehe ;)
yea they were like ff7 3d stuff, but probably a bit better than ff7
and they always used those 3d as well, didnt put the nice looking movies like the intro of XJ2 :(
the gods...dont recall them in XJ3...the battle system was quite different, and the spells too, although they kept most of the basic weak elemental spells

wararcher wrote:My friend said that Xian Jian 3 only works on Windows 2000. Is it true. I downloaded the game but it doesnt work. If anyone want to download it got to crystal-liu.net then you need to sign up there so u can read the xian jian topic. After u click on the xian jian topic then u will see Chinese Paladin 3. Thas where u download it.

ngai wrote:works on winxp for me
surprised to hear it runs on win2000 only...usually games DONT run on that
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:35 pm

The first one...

Although I heard that the 3rd game is actually a prequal about XiaoYao's father...
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Kinoshita Tokichiro
Hero Wannabe

Postby Kinoshita Tokichiro » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:44 pm

CMIIMW:
The third one is the prequel of the first one. It mentions a story 50 years before the original game takes place. Characters: Xiao Yao's father and Ling Er's mother.

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:18 am

What the hell? Isn't Ling Er's mother that Queen person?
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:09 am

ngai wrote:the plot doesnt really link with XJ1 as far as i could tell, but my chinese isnt great

XJ3 features that monster tower that got destroyed in XJ1 (and also that mountain which its on)

also features Ling Er's grandma - as a playable character, and also shows a baby (Ling Er's mum)
but she's the only character who i could relate to XJ1

Ngai said it's Ling Er's Grandma..which makes more sense since it's 50 years ago.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

War_Archer
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby War_Archer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:28 am

I saw on a chinese website there is a xian jian online game. Does anyone know about it?

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:46 am

It's old, Tom!
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

War_Archer
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby War_Archer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Who's Tom?

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:11 pm

War_Archer wrote:Who's Tom?

lol..that's what I was thinking when I read that xD

[quote][Ngai said it's Ling Er's Grandma..which makes more sense since it's 50 years ago./quote]
So..Linger's granny and XiaoYao's father? o.0?
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Pal Fan
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Pal Fan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:30 am

Kinoshita Tokichiro wrote:CMIIMW:
The third one is the prequel of the first one. It mentions a story 50 years before the original game takes place. Characters: Xiao Yao's father and Ling Er's mother.

That's correct, so if we were to place the sequels in chronological order (from earliest to oldest), it would go like this:

Pal3
Pal3: Love
Pal1
Pal2

Paladin 3 actually had little to no clues as to the relationship of it to Paladin 1 throughout the whole game, so you play through the whole game without knowing what it has to do with Pal1. Now I hadn't played Pal1, but Pal3 never seemed to have mentioned anything familiar about it.
The storyline of Paladin 3 is to retrieve the 5 Elemental Orbs to re-secure the Tower of Sealed Monsters/Demons from destruction.

Pal3: Love is actually kind of like the expansion of Pal3 and effectively bridges the gap between Pal3 and Pal1; you play as a new character (Nan), and you get to visit 2 old maps (mazes, as they are called in Pal3) that you played in Pal3, with a few tweaks to it of course. (The thing that I noticed was Pal3: Love had more information as to how to play the game - the most important was it fully explained the move pool and clarified the battle concept. I have played the entire Pal3 game 4 times (with each game needing up to about 60 hours to complete) because there were 5 different endings* to it, and only after 2 times (120 hours of gaming) did I realize that you have to train up your move by using it, and leveling up, then will you get more powerful moves. So I laughed when it explained to you in Pal3: Love how to train up your moves, because I obviously knew of that through very painful trial and errors.)
From Pal3: Love, the main character you play will make a friend, who is the student of Jing (the main character you play as in Paladin 3), and he will become the father of Li Xiao Yao.
(* - The only ending that will link flawlessly from Paladin 3 into Paladin 3: Love has to be the perfect ending, where you defeat Zhong.)
The storyline of Pal3: Love is to resolve the problem of the Sky Mountain City. Now I don't know about the problems in great detail because it's all technical and stuff, but I vaguely remember it has something to do with the "not being aligned with nature; Yang is unstable, etc., and the qi isn't flowing through properly because someone had blocked one", and the only way to resolve the problem is to fight through the 5 Elemental Mazes, which will re-stabilize the aura of Sky Mountain.

And from Paladin 1 goes on to Paladin 2, and I forgot the storyline since I played it so long ago...guess I'll replay it.

EDIT: What?! You get to play Ling Er's grandmother? Who is she, the Purple Girl? (Not the Global Mod of this forum lol.)
BTW, when I mentioned Pal3: Love, it can also be known as Pal3A.

I voted XJ3, because that's the one I remember most about.
Last edited by Pal Fan on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:59 am

War_Archer wrote:Who's Tom?

You are Tom....But you will never guess who I am. Ha!
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”