Xian Jian Sequels

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Which of the 3 did you enjoy the most?

I
81%
II
3%
III
16%

Total votes: 31

deaththeGkid
Hero Wannabe

Re:

Post by deaththeGkid »

Lightbrand wrote:What's sequel 1? Pal 2?
I don't know about 4, but so far from wut I gathered here is the game in chronological order:

Pal 3 -> pal 3a -> pal1 -> pal 2

deaththeGkid
Hero Wannabe

Re:

Post by deaththeGkid »

Chibi Jennifer wrote: Xian Jian 2: features Li Xiao Yao, Lin Yue Ru, as well as Li Yi Ru (Xiao Yao and Ling Er's child) when she has grown up, roughly 8 years old. I gather that the RPG characters are soon switched to Xiao Hu, 3 other ladies as well as Yi Ru :) Not sure about the story....
xian jian 2 features li xiao yao's childhood friend: wang xiao hu, li yi ru, qi qi, and a fox girl. it starts on li yi ru's birthday which her father li xiao yao went missing. li yi ru forces xiao hu to search for her father.... never finished the game so don't know wut happens at the end... but its probably the worst xian jian game of all. the only part I liked was li yi ru's animal partners.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: Xian Jian Sequels

Post by Whistler »

well those Yi Ru's "pets" are just way too powerful, and by getting the Thunder Beast in a sidequest the gameplay generally become totally unbalanced lol.

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by taisun93 »

Hm... from what I remembered of 2 was that there were 3 magical items and some evil guy was trying to collect them.

There are 4 people but you only get to use all 4 of them at once in 1 battle.

It's also very anticlimactic

The romance in the story was ridiculously weak. Sounded like something coming out of a fanfic. The 2 characters Xiaohu and Qiqi barely talked to each other.

Oh and there was a near impossible boss battle involving 5 monsters who give you statuses and Xiaohu and Qiqi. So annoying, neither of them had halfdecent healing spells.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

taisun93 wrote:Hm... from what I remembered of 2 was that there were 3 magical items and some evil guy was trying to collect them.

There are 4 people but you only get to use all 4 of them at once in 1 battle.

It's also very anticlimactic

The romance in the story was ridiculously weak. Sounded like something coming out of a fanfic. The 2 characters Xiaohu and Qiqi barely talked to each other.

Oh and there was a near impossible boss battle involving 5 monsters who give you statuses and Xiaohu and Qiqi. So annoying, neither of them had halfdecent healing spells.
wow, that sounds pretty bad @_@
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Post by Whistler »

taisun93 wrote:Oh and there was a near impossible boss battle involving 5 monsters who give you statuses and Xiaohu and Qiqi. So annoying, neither of them had halfdecent healing spells.
well... is it really "impossible"? IMO it's the only battle in PAL2 which is not so boring as the rest :) it only need a little tactics/tricks and the "press F to win" method won't work :D

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by taisun93 »

Whistler wrote:
taisun93 wrote:Oh and there was a near impossible boss battle involving 5 monsters who give you statuses and Xiaohu and Qiqi. So annoying, neither of them had halfdecent healing spells.
well... is it really "impossible"? IMO it's the only battle in PAL2 which is not so boring as the rest :) it only need a little tactics/tricks and the "press F to win" method won't work :D
Maybe i just sucked, idk. All I remember is both blue ones constantly freezing my characters and qiqi caught between a rock and a hard place about what field seals to set.

Personally i thought Xiaohu and Sumei had more chemistry :roll:

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Post by Whistler »

[SPOILER]

the only catch is using a hiding bug in the first turn, and take out the 2 ice elemental ones ASAP, and the rest will be a piece of cake :)

there are also some easy ways to beat them without the hiding bug, just check out the equipments which absorbs poisons and which prevent status :)

[/SPOILER]
taisun93 wrote:Personally i thought Xiaohu and Sumei had more chemistry :roll:
same here :)

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by taisun93 »

Maybe it's because Qiqi is so underdeveloped. Sumei has such a complex history and some really touching lines such as "zhe shi wo zui hou yi ci pian ni le" (this is the last time I'll be tricking you) before sacrificing herself and all Qiqi got was Xiaohu thinking "this flower would look nice in Qiqi's hair"

Also who is the other girl on the cover? I suppose it's supposed to be Qiqi or something but she looks like linger :idea:

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Post by Whistler »

well it seems none of the characters on the cover looks similar as the in-game ones :roll: :twisted:

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

ohh..the coverart looks pretty :)

So... if the story wasn't that good, was the romance at least somewhat decent or is it all rather dry?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by taisun93 »

Hmm.... let me see. The whole romance between Qiqi and Xiaohu consists of them going to a place with water and fire monsters and at the end there was a flower.
Xiaohu(thinking) that flower would look pretty in Qiqi's hair
Ice collapses (or they go down under, I don't remember)
The 2 of them refine their swords or something
Xiaohu collapses due to hypothermia
And Qiqi uses apparently the only utility in her arsenal to cure hypothermia (all those years and no spell for hypothermia? weak)

Guess what she does.

I'm serious take a guess

She takes off her clothes and lies naked with him...

And that was pretty much the majority of Pal 2 romance as i remember with my poor memory.

Other than that their conversations consist of: Lets go through this dungeon to meet up with the others, we must go and defeat ____, where is ____. Mainly just to advance the plot

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Post by Whistler »

well IMO the story is decent in the first 3/4 part of the game (for example, how Xiaohu and Qishuang meet first looked nice, and there are also many suspenses), but for the later parts... everything just sucked. Many suspenses in the first half of the game are just left over and not mentioned at all, and yeah there's that infamous part (still though, you can't really see anything special and it's even less **** than somewhere in PAL1) :roll:

still though, I don't think PAL2 is totally garbage as the UI of the game are the best in the series (not that confusing as later sequels), and the gameplay has enough emphasize on diversity of characters and character-specific skills (although too unbalanced :roll: ).

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by taisun93 »

I suppose that the last 1/4 was the part that was scraped up.

I don't quite remember Pal 2 that well. For the beginning it's just mainly wtf is Sumei up to? Then the meeting of Xiaohu and Qiqi. Don't quite remember.

As for gameplay I prefer IV (haven't played 3). I guess 2 was good although for me it consisted of mainly praying for Yiru's pet's to do the right things and scrolling through Xiaohu and Qiqi's arsenal of spells trying not to overkill or underkill

Edit: by special do you mean revealing? I have to admit XJ1 was definitely the highest in that out of all the games. A bathhouse and a brothel, lol. Btw i was referencing the randomess of the scene

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

oh. XD ell, that's been used a few times before but um..yeh. XD I assume the dialouge was no good then...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~