Rumour that PAL4 is coming

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

xlandhenry
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Rumour that PAL4 is coming

Postby xlandhenry » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Rumour emerged from the net yesterday that a subsidiary company of CCTV got the copyright to make the PAL4 TV series. It's said that they will begin shooting in July of 2011(OMG 2 yrs from now). Click here for the full article. It's not confirmed whether this is true or not, but I'll update this post when more news comes. :D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Rumour that PAL4 is coming

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 am

OMG! haha! I was JUST going to post a poll asking if fans would like to see a PAL4 drama and now there's a post! wheeee.. XD I'm excited..especially since I heard a lot of fans who played XJ4 really enjoy it and compare it to the classic, too....
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:24 am

Nice. I was looking forward to that because I find the story-line of PAL4 stronger than PAL3. But finding actors/actresses will be difficult. For the benefit of some fans who can't read chinese, basically, the director of that company who bought the copyright is a full-time PAL fan. He sees Xian Jian as a kind of culture(文化?). I think he actually wanted to support the production of PAL4 but his offer was rejected. So now he wanted to fulfill his dream by making a drama out of it.

But he had a headache over brainstorming of actors/actresses that could take on the roles. YunTianHe and LiuMengLi's personalities are quite complicated in a sense so not everyone can easily take on the role. He wanted to invite Ariel Lin (林依晨) as HanLingSha. (quite a good choice I feel). And he feels that Wu Chun (吳尊) can take on the character of MuRongZiYin and his cold-looking personality (don't quite see the resemblance :lol:) Moreover, he actually thought of having Alice Ceng (曾恺玹) from Jay Chow's <Secret> to act as LiuMengLi. But I assume everything is still in the stage of planning. But I guess everyone is already looking forward to it. =)

imageman
Hero Wannabe

Postby imageman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:51 pm

Wow!! Great News. I will definitely be willing to pay for the XJ4 drama. Among all the PAL games, the 1st and 4th are my favorites. How I wish they will be able to make the drama already, I can't wait.

XJ dramas always provide me with great joy. It is not just fun to watch but it inspires emotions. Plus, it somehow presents the Daoist philosophy, which is very enlightening. It is one of those rare dramas where it would haunt you even when you sleep. :D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks for sharing that with us soulawaken! (and hey! long time no seeee XD)
That does sound pretty exciting :D Hope they cast the characters well...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Thanks for sharing that with us soulawaken! (and hey! long time no seeee XD)

hahas. Took a break from Xian Jian for quite some time after I finished PAL4 game. The new PAL3 drama brought me back to Xian Jian once again. Well guess this would be something to look forward to, at least I find the storyline of PAL4 quite impressive and filled of twists. :D Well I was wondering if there might actually be a PAL5 game? :lol:

wather
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Liu MengLi

Postby wather » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:49 am

soulawaken wrote:
Chibi Jennifer wrote:Thanks for sharing that with us soulawaken! (and hey! long time no seeee XD)

hahas. Took a break from Xian Jian for quite some time after I finished PAL4 game. The new PAL3 drama brought me back to Xian Jian once again. Well guess this would be something to look forward to, at least I find the storyline of PAL4 quite impressive and filled of twists. :D Well I was wondering if there might actually be a PAL5 game? :lol:

dont exactly remember where i read this but i heard that the pal 5 game is getting like new director? producer? or something from beijing? it should be in production soon patiences is key

Jacksheng
Hero Wannabe

Postby Jacksheng » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:45 pm

soulawaken wrote:Nice. I was looking forward to that because I find the story-line of PAL4 stronger than PAL3. But finding actors/actresses will be difficult. For the benefit of some fans who can't read chinese, basically, the director of that company who bought the copyright is a full-time PAL fan. He sees Xian Jian as a kind of culture(文化?). I think he actually wanted to support the production of PAL4 but his offer was rejected. So now he wanted to fulfill his dream by making a drama out of it.

But he had a headache over brainstorming of actors/actresses that could take on the roles. YunTianHe and LiuMengLi's personalities are quite complicated in a sense so not everyone can easily take on the role. He wanted to invite Ariel Lin (林依晨) as HanLingSha. (quite a good choice I feel). And he feels that Wu Chun (吳尊) can take on the character of MuRongZiYin and his cold-looking personality (don't quite see the resemblance :lol:) Moreover, he actually thought of having Alice Ceng (曾恺玹) from Jay Chow's <Secret> to act as LiuMengLi. But I assume everything is still in the stage of planning. But I guess everyone is already looking forward to it. =)

-Means Hu Ge will not be acting in it???

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:33 am

Wouldn't it be kind-of odd/funny is Hu Ge acted in all 3 as different characters? xD
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

azn_tri4dz
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby azn_tri4dz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:13 pm

gah, im sick of Hu Ge..., they should use a no-namer to spice things up. They only use Hu Ge, because he's famous.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:56 pm

I just happened to come across this article somewhere:

http://news.iqilu.com/yule/news/2010/0204/177536.html

Basically, most fans are really looking forward to PAL4 drama. And LiuShiShi may be involved in the cast, though it is not certain whether she would be acting as HanLingSha or LiuMengLi.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu May 06, 2010 1:12 pm

...Now that I've seen Liu ShiShi act, I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to her take on one of the female leads :x Her portrayal of Long Kui wasn't as impressive as I'd hope..and I think her acting ability needs a lot more improvement.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

venus
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: murong ziying

Postby venus » Fri May 07, 2010 3:23 am

i am sorry to tell you that all the rumours of PAL4 drama are not true.but the PAL5 is really coming!it's made by Yao Xian who made PAL1.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed May 12, 2010 12:43 pm

AH drats... but I'm still going to be hopeful! *fingers crossed*
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:24 am

So.. a year on since the last speculation, has there been anymore news about a PAL4 drama?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”