Would you like a Xian Jian 4 TV Adaption?

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan sequels (and prequel) for PAL. Check this out for information, news, pictures and share your opinions!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Would you like to see Xian Jian 4 adapted into a TV drama?

Yes
74%
No
9%
Undecided...
17%

Total votes: 23

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Would you like a Xian Jian 4 TV Adaption?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:26 pm

The idea popped up in our other discussion topic:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=939

And so I thought I'd put up a poll to see what fans think!
Would you like to see Xian Jian 4 game adapted into a TV drama as well?

Please vote and share your thoughts :D
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru

Re: Would you like a Xian Jian 4 TV Adaption?

Postby Whistler » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:32 pm

it depends :) if it's something like the PAL1 and PAL3 drama which ruined the story as much as they can then I'd rather not expect it.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:33 pm

I heard Xian Jian 4 Game is as good as the first Xian Jian..so I'm really really excited! It would be interesting to watch a drama of it.. if they pull it off well and all :}
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:24 pm

I say yes :) I'd be interested to see any Chinese Paladin series ..anything to keep the name alive! I've only played CP1 and watched CP1 (which I quite enjoyed..didn't like some of the changes esp with regards to YueRu, but overall I enjoyed it as a series)- yet to watch CP3! Personally I love RPGs and watching pretty characters, cool computer graphic, fighting and romantic plots !

I have no idea what CP3 or CP4 is about (which is kinda quite exciting as well lol) Would be interesting to watch a series where I don't really know whats gonna happen :D (unlike in CP1 where I was waiting/expecting scenes to occur!)

I wish I could see more of Yue Ru..
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

xlandhenry
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby xlandhenry » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 am

PAL4 is the best one in the series in terms of storyline epicness :D

I'd like to see a TV series of PAL4, but I'm afraid of it being butchered like PAL1 and PAL3 -_-
Also, one of my favorite characters is in PAL4: Liu Mengli(柳梦璃), and I think it's too hard to find an actress who matches her.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:31 pm

xlandhenry wrote:PAL4 is the best one in the series in terms of storyline epicness :D

I'd like to see a TV series of PAL4, but I'm afraid of it being butchered like PAL1 and PAL3 -_-
Also, one of my favorite characters is in PAL4: Liu Mengli(柳梦璃), and I think it's too hard to find an actress who matches her.

Yea I agree with that. Won't be too tough to get a good actress after all. There are many good ones out there :P Yea another concern would be the storyline. Although the storyline of PAL4 is really fresh, good and filled of twists, I guess some of the scenes are not easy to be acted out. They might need to change the storyline a little I guess, hopefully not to ruin the main plot. :(

Einherjar
Hero Wannabe

Postby Einherjar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Xian 4 is crap imo. Got the game, played it, disappointed, gave it to someone else. The graphics are really bad, going full model is really a bad idea for Softstar. Although at first sight it may seem a bit impressive, after a while it really shows its bad side. Personally, I like the Pal3 graphics a lot better. Not to mention that the combat is a lot more shallow than Pal3. I don't find the story to be all that interesting, but then again, I didn't play too long. Really, the true epic ones are Xian 1 and 3, plot and gameplay-wise.
Yet, the drama series really ruined most of it. I don't care how good you may think it is, you have to admit that the protagonists from the 2 games are way out of character. I blame 90% of that on 胡哥, whose personality didn't even change one-bit from the two drama series. And that alone really kills a old fan like me.

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:49 pm

well while I admit the gaming experience of PAL4 is _painful_, I do rate it a little better than PAL3 in general :) basically the plot flows like "10-20 sentences -> hours of mazes -> 10-20-sentences -> mazes ->etc" in PAL3, which is IMO no more than boring and time-wasting. And PAL4 surely contains more twists in the plot and the game just flows much more fluently.

Also the battle system of PAL3/3A is basically a crippled rip-off of the Grandia series, which while kept much of Grandia's downside (such as the magic level-up system which basically involves using useless magics over and over and over again to get the powerful magic and speed up the casting time), has been way less fluent than Grandia. Specially, powerful magics almost NEVER hit unless another party member "blocks" the enemies in the IP gauge while doesn't "block" the magic user, which made the battle much less joyful.

Einherjar
Hero Wannabe

Postby Einherjar » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 am

I always thought that was the strategic side of the game, as you can likewise, dodge attacks from the enemy in the same manner. In any case, it's not as if the magic grinding system is changed in PAL4 (Which I find fun with. Heck, it's not as if you have to train it. You can beat the game perfectly fine without magic, no one is forcing you). PAL4 is just so overrated, it feels like when FFXII came out. Also, I don't quite agree on the fact that "basically the plot flows like "10-20 sentences -> hours of mazes -> 10-20-sentences -> mazes ->etc". Maybe the mazes are just too painful and long for you, because they're admittedly pretty difficult. Even so, the game still offers some of the most dramatic scenes I've ever experienced. The part where Jing Tian Dies and one of the gals has to sacrifices herself to save him just killed me. Who said stories have too be all flowing to be good? I can list plenty plot that are really good without you getting into a plot every 10 steps. The last thing I want is another Xenosaga. If you want plot to be like that so much, read a visual novel like Fate/Stay Night, or play FF7. Anyways, since we both have our opinions, let's just keep it cool and respect eachother's view of things.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:26 am

Would love to join in this heated discussions but sadly I haven't played PAL3 or PAL 4 to judge...^^;
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran

Postby Whistler » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:03 am

lol so who is the "unrespectful" person?

all my comments are focused onto the games and non-personal.

elaborating is okay, but going personal by claiming it's too hard for me or telling me to go play whatever is insulting.

taisun93
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby taisun93 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 am

Einherjar wrote:I always thought that was the strategic side of the game, as you can likewise, dodge attacks from the enemy in the same manner. In any case, it's not as if the magic grinding system is changed in PAL4 (Which I find fun with. Heck, it's not as if you have to train it. You can beat the game perfectly fine without magic, no one is forcing you). PAL4 is just so overrated, it feels like when FFXII came out. Also, I don't quite agree on the fact that "basically the plot flows like "10-20 sentences -> hours of mazes -> 10-20-sentences -> mazes ->etc". Maybe the mazes are just too painful and long for you, because they're admittedly pretty difficult. Even so, the game still offers some of the most dramatic scenes I've ever experienced. The part where Jing Tian Dies and one of the gals has to sacrifices herself to save him just killed me. Who said stories have too be all flowing to be good? I can list plenty plot that are really good without you getting into a plot every 10 steps. The last thing I want is another Xenosaga. If you want plot to be like that so much, read a visual novel like Fate/Stay Night, or play FF7. Anyways, since we both have our opinions, let's just keep it cool and respect eachother's view of things.

Rather Scathing...

Einherjar wrote:I always thought that was the strategic side of the game, as you can likewise, dodge attacks from the enemy in the same manner.

And proceed to have your character and the bag of flour run past each other and both smack a blank space while the next bag of flour walks over to smack you in the face.

Einherjar wrote:In any case, it's not as if the magic grinding system is changed in PAL4 (Which I find fun with.

The system has changed, you don't have to spam revive 30 times to move onto the next spell.

Einherjar wrote:Heck, it's not as if you have to train it. You can beat the game perfectly fine without magic, no one is forcing you).

... no magic? and watch your party smack their pretty 100's on XieJianXian?

Einherjar wrote:Also, I don't quite agree on the fact that "basically the plot flows like "10-20 sentences -> hours of mazes -> 10-20-sentences -> mazes ->etc". Maybe the mazes are just too painful and long for you, because they're admittedly pretty difficult.

I think Whistler completed XianJian 1 several times over. Too long and painful for him is just simply too long and painful.

Einherjar wrote:Even so, the game still offers some of the most dramatic scenes I've ever experienced. The part where Jing Tian Dies and one of the gals has to sacrifices herself to save him just killed me.

I agree, it was very dramatic. It was also 10-20 sentences that came after a maze

Einherjar wrote:Who said stories have too be all flowing to be good?

... that was what made the first game good, it rewarded you for playing. There's a very broad line between a movie and tetris and XianJian3 sat too close to Tetris. Plots were opened and resolved in a matter of a few sentences and battles. The two people in the underwater city, the scammer who captured XueJian, the guy who had the Lightning Orb stuck in him etc.

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Postby Yukinaoni » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:41 am

soulawaken wrote:
xlandhenry wrote:PAL4 is the best one in the series in terms of storyline epicness :D

Yea I agree with that. Won't be too tough to get a good actress after all. There are many good ones out there :P Yea another concern would be the storyline. Although the storyline of PAL4 is really fresh, good and filled of twists, I guess some of the scenes are not easy to be acted out. They might need to change the storyline a little I guess, hopefully not to ruin the main plot. :(

^Double support! The story is too good to not become a TV series! Changing the storyline too much usually ruins the original work unless the director/script writers really knows what they're doing. Anyone still think theres a chance for Pal 4 to become a TV series?
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:48 am

The simple answer is...no.

No, no, NO.

The game is simply too awesome to be screwed over by a TV drama version.

I've never watched the series for the third game, and never will. The third game was the first Xian Jian game I've played, and I have no wish for the series to ruin that image for me.

Same with the fourth game. That game was da shit!! No actress can ever be fitting enough for my Meng Li!

And their awesome costumes!! The costumes they use in dramas just aren't pretty and coo enough.
Ling Er's and Long Kui's were okay though. So was Zi Xuan's.

But, no. Unless the drama series was only 10 episodes long (to prevent adding in random plots and characters) and their costumes look very similar...... but that would be more of a cosplay adaption... I've seen one of those already. I like it ^^
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Yukinaoni
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Ling Er

Postby Yukinaoni » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:05 pm

A 10 episodes long drama using exact script and costume/props along with original bgm wouldn't be so bad too or maybe into a short anime without changing the script. Animation has a smaller budget and you just need the same voice actors. :D
^OwO> Hoping for a production for 仙劍奇俠傳4 + 5 dramas <OwO^

Return to “Xian Jian Sequels & Prequels II, III, IV, V & VI!”