[Ending Question] Should Xiao Yao 'give up' on Ling Er?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Do you think he did the right thing at the end?

Yes.. because she was suffering a lot of pain
55%
No, because she was willing to live on
45%

Total votes: 73

etrnlronen
Hero Wannabe

Postby etrnlronen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:17 am

ganmo wrote:i am ok with the death scene because it was in the game too, so no point to change it. what i'm not ok with is how it was performed, the way Xiaoyao constantly told Ling'er to rest was very cold hearted i think. He could've given Ling'er a reason why she should instead for constantly say 'Go Ling'er, go I don't need you anymore!' (sorry it was the way i felt Xiaoyao really meant when i watched the ending).Maybe it is the actor, or maybe the storywrite lacked emotion when he/she wrote the lines.

I totally agree. It feels like they were rushing to end the movie or something. She starts bleeding... he figures out her intentions, and then BAM, "get out of here!!! LEAVE ME!!!" I also understand his reasoning, but the method sucked.

I think the most touching scene of the ending, was actually between Ah Nu and Tang Yu. There was A LOT more emotion in their sequence.

All in all though, a FANTASTIC series.

ignatius94
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby ignatius94 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:33 am

Tragic ending la. If there is CP2, all the actors and actresses would have to continue acting.. and wouldn't be a little difficult? as in, if LYF acts as the daughter, the company will take lots of trouble to let the yi ru see how her mother looks like. And in CP, ling er saw her mother. unless they find new people to be yi ru. and i think yang mi is suitable. she acted in ROCH as guo xiang, and ning xiao qian in liao zhai.
仙剑奇侠转 rawks!

Sireca
Hero Wannabe

Postby Sireca » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:31 am

You know after watching the ending again for the 2nd time recently I think the ending not only feels rushed but kind of illogical in a way. I don't question Xiao Yao's intention of telling Ling Er to let go but isn't it a bit eerie that he didn't even think of exploring any other options before telling her to "kick the bucket"? I mean Xiao Yao knew why Ling Er was holding on, shouldn't he at least try to take her to Sheng Gu, the goddess statue that sent him back in time etc to try to at least save her? Then if all else fails tell her to let go. It just seems Xiao Yao went from step 1 seeing loved one hurt to final step telling her to go without even considering any alternatives.

coldish
Hero Wannabe

Postby coldish » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:46 am

Sireca wrote:You know after watching the ending again for the 2nd time recently I think the ending not only feels rushed but kind of illogical in a way. I don't question Xiao Yao's intention of telling Ling Er to let go but isn't it a bit eerie that he didn't even think of exploring any other options before telling her to "kick the bucket"? I mean Xiao Yao knew why Ling Er was holding on, shouldn't he at least try to take her to Sheng Gu, the goddess statue that sent him back in time etc to try to at least save her? Then if all else fails tell her to let go. It just seems Xiao Yao went from step 1 seeing loved one hurt to final step telling her to go without even considering any alternatives.

Xian Jian ultimate ending is always sad, be it in the game or drama. It seems illogical not to save a dying person but it is a show we are talking about. So unfortunately, Ling'er has to die to bring out the sadness of the story. :(

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 am

Sireca wrote:You know after watching the ending again for the 2nd time recently I think the ending not only feels rushed but kind of illogical in a way. I don't question Xiao Yao's intention of telling Ling Er to let go but isn't it a bit eerie that he didn't even think of exploring any other options before telling her to "kick the bucket"? I mean Xiao Yao knew why Ling Er was holding on, shouldn't he at least try to take her to Sheng Gu, the goddess statue that sent him back in time etc to try to at least save her? Then if all else fails tell her to let go. It just seems Xiao Yao went from step 1 seeing loved one hurt to final step telling her to go without even considering any alternatives.

Yes, I agree with you in that XY jumped to the conclusion too soon... but then, all that blood that ran out of her was REALLY sudden and happened so fast I think anyone would be terrified. usually in series when someone gets shot or stabbed, they bleed (but not THAT much) so they always go and try to save the person.. here it seems to be the extreme case when blood is just exploding out of her or something.. =(
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Sireca
Hero Wannabe

Postby Sireca » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Well it would appear LE suffered extreme internal injuries after the battle. That's why all that blood was dripping out of her. I'm not saying its illogical for XY to stand there petrified seeing all the blood coming out of her. However, after the initial "freeze" moment I just felt there was more useful things he could have done with all the time LE was still alive instead of telling her to just die. I didn't have any qualms with the ending in the game. But for some reason while the ending in the series was somewhat expected and got the point across it just seems a bit out of place to me. *shrugs*

zhaolinger
Hero Wannabe

Postby zhaolinger » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:38 pm

Hmm,I have choosed the first one.

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: [Ending Question] Should Xiao Yao 'give up' on Ling Er?

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm not gonna vote. Because I agree that Xiao Yao should have rode as fast as he could to Sheng Gu's place. Suffering is what everyone has to go through. And Ling Er really wanted to keep living. So I think that he should fly to Sheng Gu's place. If Sheng Gu has a method to save Ling Er, then Ling Er's short-term suffering would be worth it. If there's nothing that anyone can do to save Ling Er, THEN that's when Xiao Yao should tell her to go on...

But yeah, with all that blood coming out of her, it's unlikely she'll live. But I thought blood can replenish over time... >_>"
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:58 pm

But but..she's a special half-human... so she can still live despite all the blood >.< *sigh*
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it always seems like wuxia people can tell if someone is going to make it or not. Maybe Xiao Yao could somehow sense that Ling Er was not going to live anyway?
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:49 pm

haha you make a good point about wuxia people knowing if people would make it or not...
SIGH. This thread is depressing >.<

Poor Ling'er...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”