Unanswerable questions?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: Unanswerable questions?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

-Why when Tang Yu turns into bird, the wings are perfectly fine? Doesn't he lose both of his hands? Or maybe is it because he still have two legs (human walks with legs, birds fly with wings, so maybe legs = wings ?) ?

I just rewatched it, and no, Tang Yu (bird) doesn't have any wings, he only has the tail. It's Ah Nu that's supporting him as she's the one flying (and they're linked together) :)

(can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_AqW4JdNs)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:
-Why when Tang Yu turns into bird, the wings are perfectly fine? Doesn't he lose both of his hands? Or maybe is it because he still have two legs (human walks with legs, birds fly with wings, so maybe legs = wings ?) ?

I just rewatched it, and no, Tang Yu (bird) doesn't have any wings, he only has the tail. It's Ah Nu that's supporting him as she's the one flying (and they're linked together) :)

(can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_AqW4JdNs)

hahaha, my bad, guess i should rewatch it :p

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:12 am

Yeah, doesn't make sense where all the girls on Xian Ling Dao came from. I guess Lao Lao left the island to find some orphan girls and put them on the island? XD

Lao Lao definitely knew Ling Er's true form. She saw Qing Er fighting the water beast. And when Xiao Yao brought her and Ling Er to the island, he asked, "Can you ensure that no one will ever come onto this island?" And she said, "I will protect Ling Er and I won't let anyone onto the island. I'll let her live a normal, happy life. I won't let her walk the same path as that of her mother." By "same path" she meant that she doesn't want Ling Er to sacrifice herself to save the nation just like her mother did. Lao Lao thought she could prevent Ling Er from saving her people, but unfortunately, NuWa Descendents were meant to sacrifice themselves to save people.

Yeah, the part about Xiao Yao knowing about Ling Er's pregnancy was never shown. That truly sucks.

Yeah, I was also wondering why he didn't seem too surprised about seeing Ling Er in her Nu Wa form. I was expecting him to barge into the last room and go like, "What the? Hey, isn't this the snake monster I fought before? What's she doing here? Hey, she's not Ling Er, she's just a monster! The Sword Saint got the wrong person! We came here for nothing!!" XDD

Ling Er's belly not showing might have something to do with her being a descendent of Nu Wa. Also, I heard that there was a deleted scene where the Saintess explained that she cast a magic on Ling Er so that her belly won't show... That could've been why.

Yue Ru didn't have to sacrifice herself. She could've ran to the side of the room with the other two and she might have survived with a few injuries. The reason she died was because the director wanted to kill her off, so that Xiao Yao wouldn't have to choose between the two. It was really shitty.

Basically when the zombie lady came for Ling Er apparently the doctor and nurse came and saved her. The drama screws all this further by making the doctor a bai yue follower >.> weird...

Yeah that was totally screwed... -_-
Last edited by ~IllusionQueen~ on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Yue Ru didn't have to sacrifice herself. She could've ran to the side of the room with the other two and she might have survived with a few injuries. The reason she died was because the director wanted to kill her off, so that Xiao Yao wouldn't have to choose between the two. It was really shitty.

They shouldn't have made it so foreceful :( I would have much preferred them following more closely to the original in that aspect... then again, the game seemed to give off the impression it was okay to share a man o_o
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeah. It was better in the game where Yue Ru was trying to get Xiao Yao and Ling Er out of the blood and the broken roof just happened to fall on top of her. In the series...it was just stupid how one had to die for the others to leave. I mean, the tower was already crumbling and breaking apart! They could've just tried to get out together!
Since they managed to walk in alive, they should be able to do the same walking out. -_-'
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”