What is "Dao"?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Did anyone actually enjoy those "Dao" episodes?

me! It was interesting.
31%
nope.. didn't know what they're talking about.
16%
Nope..too boring, I wanted to watch the others.
34%
What's 'dao'?
19%

Total votes: 58

Liu Shen Bing
Hero Wannabe

Postby Liu Shen Bing » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:47 am

soulawaken wrote:YEah. Guess you are right. Dao cannot be explained. When you see your life part by part, you might realised that many things couldn't be solved with knowledge. I think the only way is to put it aside and understand it slowly with your heart. The sword Saint in the show mentioned that " 既然懂得拿起,为何不懂得放下". It means that if you know how to start doing something, why not put it aside when it is completed or failed. I feel that he was right. This is the only way we could reduce our burden. If not our burden will increase slowly as we proceed with our life.

对啊!

At this point Dao is all about interpretation. We are merley interpreting the writer of the shows interpretation. So in the grand scheme of things we could be way off, but with the show as our point of reference i'd say it's pretty close.

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:46 am

This is philosophical. So, everytime we tried to explain Dao, we are only like kinda get ourselves deeper and deeper instead of solving the problem. So, can someone pls conclude with a general defination of DAO?

Liu Shen Bing
Hero Wannabe

Postby Liu Shen Bing » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:05 am

soulawaken wrote:This is philosophical. So, everytime we tried to explain Dao, we are only like kinda get ourselves deeper and deeper instead of solving the problem. So, can someone pls conclude with a general defination of DAO?

The way (things are, we are and everything is)

ignatius94
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby ignatius94 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:06 pm

i think it is to fulfill your destiny like what am i born for? and everything happens for a reason.. i think so?
仙剑奇侠转 rawks!

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:23 pm

ignatius94 wrote:i think it is to fulfill your destiny like what am i born for? and everything happens for a reason.. i think so?

Hmmm, I starting to feel that Dao in modern day terms just means take things naturally. I remember The Sword Sage (Jian Sheng) said something like “一切随道而行“. Which means we just follow Dao for everything. So I guess it means like Dao is not an object. Neither is it an understanding. All we have to do is put down our thoughts and treat things in the way nature goes...

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:56 am

but if it just means things comes naturally...doesnt that mean it's fate?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:but if it just means things comes naturally...doesnt that mean it's fate?

Yea. It is quite true that everything will come under the control of fate. There is little we can do about it. Like in the case of the context, what can Xian Yao do? According to the drama, the main reason why Jian Sheng decided to keep Ling'er away from Xiao Yao for 70 years is probably because he forseen the tragedy that will happen and Ling'er is fated to die. That's why he tried to fight off fate. But Xiao Yao don't understand his intentions and that led to the tragic ending. =(

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao

Re: What is "Dao"?

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:07 pm

it if comes naturally.... then people should act based on their nature... not just doing nothing waiting for something good to happen.... thats why i hate the shushan sect leader! :x

tangyanzixuan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zi Xuan

Postby tangyanzixuan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:56 am

dao is very boring. You're like wasting your life, in my opinion. no romance, nothing unordinary, everything gone out of life. Dao is "the way". you know, in ROCH, that guy (depending on which version you watch) he gets killed because he loved the person portrayed by liu yifei. (xiao long nv) :x my opinion may be too strong, sorry.

DivineSwords
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xue Jian

Postby DivineSwords » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 am

I don't really understand Dao but I remember seeing something about the Dao that can be explained is not the true Dao.

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:36 am

This sub-plot is TOO LONG & damn Boring ! However, I still think this sub-plot important, its just it would be better not to emphasize on this too much, especially this 'Dao' episodes are at the end of the drama, they could have replaced it with romantic moments between XY & LE, so that when Ling Er gone, we as fans could feel the lost much deeper

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Dao cannot be explained and cannot be comprehended.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”