I hate it

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xu Changqing and Zi Xuan

I hate it

Postby lovelikethis » Sun May 02, 2010 5:44 am

Hi everyone, new here. I'm currently in the process of finishing up CP3, but because I need english subtitles to understand what's going on, I've gotta wait until Jiang Hu completes subbing the series to finish it.

First of all though, let me just say that I am absolutely IN LOVE with CP3. (Okay so I actually couldn't wait until all the english subs came out and decided to just watch the raw episodes on youtube right until the last episode, and the ending is SO SAD!) But back from the tangent. I hated CP1 the drama series. I first watched CP1 when it first came out like years ago, and I just dreaded and hated it (except for some of the sub-plots that dealt with the butterfly girl and the nine-tailed fox demon, which were so touching). But some while back, I decided to re-watch some of the episodes of CP1 again, just to see if I'd have different views on it now than I did back when I was younger. I wanted to see if it was me who was wrong or if it really was the series that was bad. And nope, it's not me, it really is the CP1 drama that is bad.

The humor in CP1 is just really lame, it was nowhere near as funny as CP3. I think CP3 had a different screenwriter right? But anyhow, I just love the humor in CP3. I've never played any of the Chinese Paladin games, so I don't know much about them; all I know about the game version is what I've read on Wikipedia and on this site. But after doing a lot of research on what the CP1 game version is like, I really like it so much more than the series version of CP1. I'll start off with what I think about the characters in the drama of CP1.

I think the portrayal of Ling'er could have been a million times better. I read that she was stronger in the game version, smarter too, and maybe even a bit sophisticated. Since she was a sorceress-in-training in the game, the producers really should have made her more powerful and skilled, and not such a passive, weak damsel-in-distress. I just think they made Ling'er so boring in the series. And aside from being a Nuwa descendant, there was nothing interesting about her. Sorry. Her overall personality was too wooden. Then again, I didn't feel like she had much of a personality anyways.

So moving onto Yueru. I'm sorry, but I think they went overboard with trying to make her tough and outspoken. Instead of being tough though, I just found her to be loud and immature. Her constant bickering with Xiaoyao was hurting my ears. It's fine to bicker every now and then, but it seemed like she just did not know when to hold her tongue sometimes. She should have had more intelligence and carried herself with more class than this.

Then there was Ah Nu. Oh lord, I hated her the most out of all the characters. She's even worse than Baiyue. I didn't play the game and even I hated how her character was portrayed in the drama. She was not only 100% childish but she was also just plain stupid. Let's just call it what it is. While watching her, it was like she had no sense at all. Always running around like a little weirdo and making weird, dumb faces. She irked me so much, I just wanted to drop kick her. Now in the game, I read that she was this totally cool and kick-ass, intelligent and highly-skilled Miao girl. She knew strong spells and had all these awesome powers and even played a cool flute. She was mature, strong-minded, and classy for her age, was full of heart, dignified, had manners, was so helpful and strong-willed. The producers should have kept Ah Nu the way she was in the game, but then again, it's like it doesn't even matter since they already screwed up the other two female leads.

Lastly, I wanted to say something about Ling'er's grandmother. I read that she's actually a snake-demon in the game, and I thought that was so cool. The producers should have stuck with Ling'ers grandma being a snake demon; it would have given the whole series more edge and attitude. I can just picture it, Ling'er's grandma being this powerful and kick-ass yet compassionate and loving sorceress. But instead, the production team decided to turn her into this ordinary and boring old lady. Sure.

These are only half the reasons why I hate CP1. There are more, but I won't get into them since I've already written enough here. I realise I have high standards, lol. But I know I'm not the only one who feels this way about the portrayal of main characters in CP1. I just don't get why the production team had to screw CP1 up so badly. What were they thinking?????? Didn't they know that they'd only be messing everything up? I think that with the popularity of CP3, they're starting to learn how not to create dumb, child-like and immature characters anymore since I noticed that all of the main characters in CP3 are much smarter and definitely more mature. And I know that it's because of the maturity and intelligence of the CP3 characters that also contributed to its popularity and success.

If in the future there ever comes a remake of CP1, I so hope they'll actually follow the game and stay true to the original characters. Please. 'Cause this particular production company just completely and utterly butchered CP1. CP1 could have been one of the best dramas, but it turned out to be one of the worst for me because obviously the production company didn't know how to handle it. It's a miracle that CP3 turned out so good (thanks to the perfect portrayals of Changqing and Zixuan lol, and of course the very likeable humor).

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Re: I hate it

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun May 02, 2010 10:11 am

You know, a lot of your arguments can easily be agreed with. Many fans of the original game disliked this drama because of the characterisations and the whole 'silliness' of the situation and plot. Being a fan of both versions, I can see where you're coming from. Even so, I have found Chinese Paladin drama to be quite addictive because, well, it's Xian Jian!! XD Xian Jian was a game I played when I was a little kid, so when I heard it was turned into a drama I was just very excited. My favourite character was Zhao Ling'er so naturally when I watched it I was rooting for her.

Before seeing the drama, I had heard many negative reviews about Ling'er's portrayal, so I was prepared for something awful. However, when I did see it, I really enjoyed watching her. It was also the first Chinese drama I watched in Mandarin (I'm Cantonese)- and first time seeing Liu Yifei act. I didn't mind the changes too much, because at the end of the day, it can be seen as a standalone drama. I think if you think of it that way, you can enjoy the drama a lot more instead of constantly comparing the two mediums and wondering "What the heck?" However, since you haven't played the games and still didn't like the drama a lot, I guess it's just not your cuppa tea..

I agree with you in regards to both Yue Ru and Ah Nu (and a bit of Ling'er XD) I was disappointed Ling'er wasn't portrayed as strongly as a person as she was in the game. She barely had any fighting scenes too (which really would've been good to see with her having so many elemental powers and magic, like her attacking Xiaoyao with lightning) Instead, she was just seen looking sad and pushed Xiaoyao away when she realised her role as a nuwa descendant. We can't blame her though, and seeing all the pain she endured when she was all alone wondering why she was a snake.. I really pitied her. I only wish that she was given a bit more depth in character..(and more screentime with Xiaoyao XD) But otherwise, she was really cute and I pitied her character.

:P Yueru..err.. I dunno I got annoyed and bored with her constant bickering with Xiaoyao (But this is also the reason I disliked Yang Mi with Jing Tian in CP3, their fighting got overboard and it became boring... but that's another discussion) To me, she really did come out as loud and immature- and since they had the most time together, I was really wishing to see Ling'er.

:?: Ah Nu..oh boy!! Ok...I cannot agree with you more. Her character was changed beyond recognition, and sadly it wasn't for the better.. I didn't like her whole character at all because she was seen as SO IMMATURE, CHILDISH and annoying..and lost/dumb.. I mean, she's supposed to be 15.. but she acts like a 8 year old o_o There's really not that much to add...lol. I am really glad she didn't take the role of Yue Ru (that was the initial plan) or it would have been unbearable..

So in the end, I still really liked Ling'er with Xiao Yao.. :)

I think that with the popularity of CP3, they're starting to learn how not to create dumb, child-like and immature characters anymore since I noticed that all of the main characters in CP3 are much smarter and definitely more mature. And I know that it's because of the maturity and intelligence of the CP3 characters that also contributed to its popularity and success.

I agree. I really disliked the 'silliness' and filler episodes of Chinese Paladin 1- I felt like it was aimed at a much younger audience. (Have you noticed they blatantly explain and point out the obvious without leaving the audience any room for thinking or imagination?) I was pleasantly surprised by how intriguing CP3 was and when compared to CP1, It just felt so much more superior.. I also liked the minor/supporting characters a lot in CP3.

While I do have many complaints about the series, It still has a special place in my heart :) Which is why I built a fansite for them and why this forum was established in the first place. heheee..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Sun May 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:Being a fan of both versions, I can see where you're coming from. Even so, I have found Chinese Paladin drama to be quite addictive because, well, it's Xian Jian!! XD Xian Jian was a game I played when I was a little kid, so when I heard it was turned into a drama I was just very excited. My favourite character was Zhao Ling'er so naturally when I watched it I was rooting for her.

Yep, I do admit that Xian Jian must be a really good game even though I've never played it. I only read a lot about it, and I really like the storyline. It's gotta be a great game if so many people love it. It's also got lots of mythology and philosophy and I'm a strong lover of both! I've just never played the game because I'm not a gamer at all LOL. I don't play games and I rarely ever watch dramas. I don't even watch much TV or movies. So even though I'd probably love to play CP, I never will simply because I just don't have the time and I'm also not a gamer.

I agree. I really disliked the 'silliness' and filler episodes of Chinese Paladin 1- I felt like it was aimed at a much younger audience. (Have you noticed they blatantly explain and point out the obvious without leaving the audience any room for thinking or imagination?) I was pleasantly surprised by how intriguing CP3 was and when compared to CP1, It just felt so much more superior.. I also liked the minor/supporting characters a lot in CP3.

Exactly. And I also disliked the script of CP1. It just didn't feel right for me. I really don't know how to describe it, but you're right and I did notice that.

While I do have many complaints about the series, It still has a special place in my heart :) Which is why I built a fansite for them and why this forum was established in the first place. heheee..

Chinese Paladin now has a special place in my heart too, all thanks to CP3, lol. I'm also starting to really love CP because of the Nuwa myth. It's such a beautiful myth. So I'm really glad you built these sites, so as newer Xian Jian games/series come out and more people start to fall in love with CP, hopefully the fanbase here will increase too.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun May 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Yep, I do admit that Xian Jian must be a really good game even though I've never played it. I only read a lot about it, and I really like the storyline. It's gotta be a great game if so many people love it. It's also got lots of mythology and philosophy and I'm a strong lover of both! I've just never played the game because I'm not a gamer at all LOL. I don't play games and I rarely ever watch dramas. I don't even watch much TV or movies. So even though I'd probably love to play CP, I never will simply because I just don't have the time and I'm also not a gamer.

I'm not sure how great I am at convincing you to play, but I thought I'd just share some experiences XD I'm really not much of a gamer myself, and Xian Jian was the first Chinese RPG I have ever played (couldn't even read Chinese that well back then) but I played it anyway (haha, so glad I did) Since it was made in 1995, the game was quite simple to play in my opinion so things weren't really that complicated. In other words, I don't think it required a too much thinking (I was hooked mainly because of the story, music..characters...) So yes, no need to be a hardcore gamer to play :D Xian Jian was the only Chinese rpg I've ever played, lol...

The game itself is also fairly short, I remember my cousin playing it in a day XD

Chinese Paladin now has a special place in my heart too, all thanks to CP3, lol. I'm also starting to really love CP because of the Nuwa myth. It's such a beautiful myth. So I'm really glad you built these sites, so as newer Xian Jian games/series come out and more people start to fall in love with CP, hopefully the fanbase here will increase too.

I'm surprised you gave CP3 a go actually, given the bad experience you had with the first series.

And yes, the Nuwa story is intriguing ^^ It was just a co-incident that Zi Xuan is Ling'er's grandmother, both characters being my favs out of the ladies :D It must be a nuwa thing, ehehhee...!
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Wed May 05, 2010 7:52 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I'm not sure how great I am at convincing you to play, but I thought I'd just share some experiences XD I'm really not much of a gamer myself, and Xian Jian was the first Chinese RPG I have ever played (couldn't even read Chinese that well back then) but I played it anyway (haha, so glad I did) Since it was made in 1995, the game was quite simple to play in my opinion so things weren't really that complicated. In other words, I don't think it required a too much thinking (I was hooked mainly because of the story, music..characters...) So yes, no need to be a hardcore gamer to play :D Xian Jian was the only Chinese rpg I've ever played, lol...
The game itself is also fairly short, I remember my cousin playing it in a day XD

I'll have to see, but I most likely won't play it. I am, however, planning to buy the CP3 dvd series. And watching CP3 is already enough for me. So... I'm good.

I'm surprised you gave CP3 a go actually, given the bad experience you had with the first series.

Oh, yeah I did have a bad experience with CP1, but I also did LOVE the storyline and the world of CP; so that's why I still had a bit of hope for CP3, which was why I decided to check out music videos of it on youtube, just to see if it looked cool or if the way the characters acted was better than those portrayed in CP1. Well, suffice to say, I fell completely in love with the soundtrack; and after having watched the CP3 opening and ending credits on youtube, I realized that I just HAD to check out the first few episodes just to see how good it actually was. But then a few turned into several, and several turned into all of the episodes, lol. However, the first seven episodes with the zombies really dragged on for me; I was starting to get aggitated but the ONLY reason why I was able to keep on watching was because of Changqing LOL. I just LOVE his character so much! His humbleness, the way he carried himself, his calm and respectful nature, his dignified attitude, his confidence, his seriousness, his intelligence, his kindness, and his strong-mindedness, OH MY GOSH I was SO ATTRACTED to him, LOL, and it was just the icing on the cake that he was SO GOOD-LOOKING too (thanks to Wallace's incredibly GOOD LOOKS!)!!!! as well as being a great fighter! (and just like you, I also loved him before Zixuan came into the picture). And then I became SO HAPPY when Changqing and Zixuan finally met, because just the mere thought of such a GOOD MAN like him being involved in such a SWEET and HEARTBREAKING relationship with such a SPECIAL WOMAN like Zixuan totally made my heart melt even more! Seriously, LOL. They match so well! They're like perfect for each other. One is a cute taoist priest who has no clue that he fathered a Nuwa descendant's child and the other is a gorgeous but LOYAL seductress who only wants to love and be with him lifetime after lifetime! AwWWww, it's So SWEET! But also sad because well, we both already know the reasons why.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri May 07, 2010 4:32 pm

lol, we're slowly converting this conversation topic back to Changqing & Zi Xuan :oops: :oops: :oops: lol....

I'll have to see, but I most likely won't play it. I am, however, planning to buy the CP3 dvd series. And watching CP3 is already enough for me. So... I'm good.

haha, that's cool :) It's like me not having much urge to Play Xian Jian 3 because I'm already happy with the drama (and since Zi Xuan and Changqing play smaller roles) I'd rather leave it as is :)

I fell completely in love with the soundtrack;

I love the OST too! I didn't watch any MVs/trailers so I wouldn't get anything spoiled but I did listen to the OST before seeing the drama and thought..wow, this is as good as CP1 OST~ (I think they were composed by the same person?)

after having watched the CP3 opening and ending credits on youtube, I realized that I just HAD to check out the first few episodes just to see how good it actually was.

I WAS SO EXCITED after seeing the opening!! I still love it so much. Every time I listen to the opening theme song I picture the sequences in my head ^.^ hehehee.. I didn't see the ending credits though until about episode 6 (the DVD was made in such a weird way that the opening and closing is only shown once per disc in a disc with 6 eps each) When I saw the clips of Changqing & Zi Xuan it got me really excited!! (Even though back then I didn't know it was really Liu Fang and Ye Ping, I thought it was all Changqing XD XD) I was like, ' He gets married?! OMG He kisses girl! etc etc" XD

However, the first seven episodes with the zombies really dragged on for me; I was starting to get aggitated but the ONLY reason why I was able to keep on watching was because of Changqing LOL.

I completely agree! I felt the first 7-8 episode were kinda draggy and didn't have much direction- plus the vampire stuff was really scary to me and I didn't like that too much, lol. But I kept watching because I loved Changqing ^^ The story started getting better after them because Zi Xuan is soon introduced, eheheheh!

I just LOVE his character so much! His humbleness, the way he carried himself, his calm and respectful nature, his dignified attitude, his confidence, his seriousness, his intelligence, his kindness, and his strong-mindedness, OH MY GOSH I was SO ATTRACTED to him, LOL, and it was just the icing on the cake that he was SO GOOD-LOOKING too (thanks to Wallace's incredibly GOOD LOOKS!)!!!! as well as being a great fighter! (and just like you, I also loved him before Zixuan came into the picture).

YES!!!! HE IS AWESOME!!!!! When I first saw him on the Chinese Paladin 3 promotional artwork, I didn't think much of him- I thought he would be this dull/boring useless character like Liu Jin Yuan in Chinese Paladin 1 (Yue Ru's cousin), but man was I SO WRONG!!! hahahaaa.... I was so attracted to his character and personality..he is very charismatic and adorable! I think his appeal also comes from the fact he was older and much more mature than Jing Tian and Xue Jian who spent the first 7 episodes (well..actually the whole drama) bickering and arguing with each other. Coupled with his serious mature nature, he is also very innocent and pure. He's so cute and gullible when Jing Tian teases him, eheheh ^^ And yes, WALLACE HUO IS HANDSOME!!! *squeals*

And then I became SO HAPPY when Changqing and Zixuan finally met, because just the mere thought of such a GOOD MAN like him being involved in such a SWEET and HEARTBREAKING relationship with such a SPECIAL WOMAN like Zixuan totally made my heart melt even more! Seriously, LOL. They match so well! They're like perfect for each other. One is a cute taoist priest who has no clue that he fathered a Nuwa descendant's child and the other is a gorgeous but LOYAL seductress who only wants to love and be with him lifetime after lifetime! AwWWww, it's So SWEET! But also sad because well, we both already know the reasons why.

I love the thought too! It is so exciting and the chemistry is crazy XD! Oh my..they are so so compatible! I loved that he was given one of the best backstories and was so happy for the amount of screen time he got :) If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have enjoyed Chinese Paladin 3 nearly as much as I did.

...and..I guess when you think about all these wonderful elements, it seems to be lacking in the first series..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

lovelikethis
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby lovelikethis » Sat May 08, 2010 5:23 am

Chibi Jennifer wrote:YES!!!! HE IS AWESOME!!!!! When I first saw him on the Chinese Paladin 3 promotional artwork, I didn't think much of him- I thought he would be this dull/boring useless character like Liu Jin Yuan in Chinese Paladin 1 (Yue Ru's cousin), but man was I SO WRONG!!! hahahaaa.... I was so attracted to his character and personality..he is very charismatic and adorable! I think his appeal also comes from the fact he was older and much more mature than Jing Tian and Xue Jian who spent the first 7 episodes (well..actually the whole drama) bickering and arguing with each other. Coupled with his serious mature nature, he is also very innocent and pure. He's so cute and gullible when Jing Tian teases him, eheheh ^^ And yes, WALLACE HUO IS HANDSOME!!! *squeals*

Same here. I also didn't know how much of an attractive, LOVABLE, and COMPELLING character he'd be until I watched him in the series. You're right, he is adorable. And yah, thank god, thank the heavens, thank Earth that he wasn't anything like dull and boring Jin Yuan.

Btw, I recently just watched the NGs of CP3 on youtube and wow, I must say that Wallace and Hu Ge not only get along so well on-screen but they get along even better off-screen lol. But that's because I noticed that they both have similar personalities and attitudes. And then Tiffany just laughed too much LOL. It looked like Wallace took their filming scenes a lot more seriously than she did. Was CP3 her first time acting in a film?

I love the thought too! It is so exciting and the chemistry is crazy XD! Oh my..they are so so compatible! I loved that he was given one of the best backstories and was so happy for the amount of screen time he got
...and..I guess when you think about all these wonderful elements, it seems to be lacking in the first series..

LOL, I got a lot to say about this but it's gonna concern Changqing and Zixuan, so I'll just continue with this over at their thread.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun May 09, 2010 8:30 am

haha yes, I've got things to add too but they're more Changqing & ZI Xuan..I'll post them over there too, lol.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:22 am

well i think they meant it to be silly 8)
so does the game... and it meant to be funny :) well its their style of funny in chinese.. haha

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:15 pm

o.O? No, the original PAL game is in no way 'funny'.. but a very beautiful, tragic and sad story.. very much on the serious side.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:o.O? No, the original PAL game is in no way 'funny'.. but a very beautiful, tragic and sad story.. very much on the serious side.

yup i saw the video of the game and the original plot. thanks to youtube
... and i know its serious... :D

well i cant imagine a CP 1 so serious it will look exactly like ROCH ahaha very serious!

:D :D :D

a lot of players in almost all kinds of forums i went are complaining about the changed storylline and how the characters are brought to life by the actors and actresses...
but like Twilight and the harry potter series...
even how much the criticisms...
youll still watch it! and i LOve CP 1! now im starting to watch cp 3! waiting for it to finished downloading!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

qsmyily
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Han Lingsha

Postby qsmyily » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:57 am

I liked CP3 better xD Though I still enjoyed CP1...
I felt that the actress for A Nu was acting too hard. Felt as if energy was rolling off of her and bouncing around. @.@

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:44 pm

hmmm ...Esther Liu? i have mixed opinions haha :D :D :D

sapphiresky
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby sapphiresky » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:21 pm

While I love CP3 much more, and I do think Cp3's humour is a lot better, I still enjoyed Cp1 alot. It was probably the first series that really got me back to watching ancient dramas again.

I acutally didn't find Ah-nu childish or annoying at all. I really like that type of personality and it's acutally one of the reasons why I love Cp1. I just think its cute, and seriously, after seeing characters that are really dull, without much personality and mostly shy, I think this is really refreshing and something I LOVE seeing. it's funny how opinions differ, isn't it?

About Ling'er, I just didn't like her sudden change where she is trying leaving him and not burdening him, she just acted a bit too mean, to me, like the part in the court where she dressed up as a man. I used to really like her character until that point. I understand she was trying to be nice, but there was no need to go that mean to someone. That was one of the reasons I like Yue Ru alot more as a character. She seemed to be a lot more understanding.

That brings me to Yue Ru, while she did bicker quite often in the beginning, and at that point of the series, I didn't like her, especially the first few episodes, but at least you could see why she acted the way she did, and she did become a lot better, through halfway of the series, I don't think they bickered much at all, she was always doing things for him, and in the end, I think she sacrificed the most. She is one of the best characters, IMO, in Chinese Paladin series.

Also, I didn't really think Jinyuan was boring, I liked hearing the things he said and I thought a lot of what he said has its wisdom.
Download and watch Ancient Chinese Series @ http://ancientchinese.net/

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:59 am

Well, this thread is interesting
IMO (I have downloaded CP3, but havent watched & not play the game for PAL1, so opinion is based solely on drama), your argument is partly true, partly wrong, like a 50%-50% kinda thing.

I do agree with you that Ling Er character is not developing much or how it should be, especially after taking into consideration she is the main character. I also agree that I found Ah Nu character a bit annoying at first, but later in the drama she just played her part well. As for Ling ER's grandma, I am speechless, cos I havent done much research on her like you did. Also at specific sub-plots in the drama I found it a bit corny.

I disagree with your opinion on Yue Ru, I think her role is perfectly matched, a tomboyish girl with sometimes-annoying sometimes-sweet personality. But of course, my judgement is only based on drama cos I didnt play the game.

Overall, I am going to watch CP3 soon, but I think the reason why CP3 existed is because the success of CP1. Without CP1, there wont be CP3.

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”