[Spoiler] Death of characters..seem forced?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Do you think the death of most characters were forced?

Yes
64%
No
17%
All of them were
19%

Total votes: 47

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

[Spoiler] Death of characters..seem forced?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:09 am

In the drama (not the game), a lot of the characters who die seem somewhat forced...
I thought about each character, and it does feel that way:

Yue Ru- we have all that topic around questioning the curse, and why she just stood there and not excape with the others etc when the Tower crumbled.

Ling Er- Internal injuries....err? How come she looked so fine when she came out of the water? How come Xiao Yao let her die?

Drunken Sword- How come he didn't/couldnt dodge Ah Nu's attack? He wouldnt let her kill him.. he wants to save her. He wouldn't want Ah Nu to feel the burden when she finds out she killed her own father.. On the other hand, with Drunken Sword's skills...how is it possible for Ah Nu to kill him? He did not die in the game, and was not Ah Nu's father.

Ah Nu and Tang Yu- turning into birds..I donno...that was all made up by the drama production crew... they didn't die in the game.

Ah Qi (No.7)- He didn't die in the game either.. in fact- nothing to do with bai yue.. umm.. no comment.

What are your thoughts and opinion? Do you think death seemed forced? i.e the director just wanted everyone to die?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:11 pm

maybe the director want us to remeber this show better so make a lot more tragic seen as we would remember tragic scene more...

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:28 pm

But then...they should die in a way which is believable and realistic to some extent.. and not so obvious that that's what the director just wanted for the sake of it.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Chaz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Chaz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:37 am

Wish they didn't kill them off... Would've kept an open path for a sequel.

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:27 pm

yea.... mayb the director dont want to waste time thinking lolz

teolilian
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby teolilian » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:40 pm

perhaps, they want to sacrifice for each other???
I love Xiao Yao and Ling Er!!! Xian Jian forever!!! 天涯海角,永不分离!!! True love exists...

mikedahmongboy
Hero Wannabe

Postby mikedahmongboy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:14 am

Hello, I am new to this board. I just got done finishing the movie in english subtitles and see that the movie is really based on taoism. In all of life there is death and death there is life. The reason why death is forced is becasue of the cyle of life. What I just dont really get is the ending in where you li xiao yao questions the taoist priest.

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:40 pm

mikedahmongboy wrote:Hello, I am new to this board. I just got done finishing the movie in english subtitles and see that the movie is really based on taoism. In all of life there is death and death there is life. The reason why death is forced is becasue of the cyle of life. What I just dont really get is the ending in where you li xiao yao questions the taoist priest.

mind if u speak clearer now i dont understand u......
mou utsumuku no wa yamete hashiri dasou
kokoro no itami wa
sou "daisuki" no akashi ne

ling_er_rox
Hero Wannabe

Postby ling_er_rox » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:00 am

zzXiaoyaozz wrote:
mikedahmongboy wrote:Hello, I am new to this board. I just got done finishing the movie in english subtitles and see that the movie is really based on taoism. In all of life there is death and death there is life. The reason why death is forced is becasue of the cyle of life. What I just dont really get is the ending in where you li xiao yao questions the taoist priest.

mind if u speak clearer now i dont understand u......

i think he/she meant that he/she did not understand the part where xiao yao said," ni ming bai ma?" to the priest. :D i just don't understand why the priest did not help xiao yao and ling er fight bai yue when i remember xiao yao's shi fu once said to tang yu that only the priest was bai yue's match :evil:

mikedahmongboy
Hero Wannabe

Postby mikedahmongboy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:53 am

yes.

Thank You ling_er_rox, for explaining this.
I have recently seen a 'bootlegged' version that is horribly dubbed in english. Fortunately if you read english subs and directly translate them into asian speaking it works out fine.

ling_er_rox
Hero Wannabe

Postby ling_er_rox » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:11 am

mikedahmongboy wrote:yes.

Thank You ling_er_rox, for explaining this.
I have recently seen a 'bootlegged' version that is horribly dubbed in english. Fortunately if you read english subs and directly translate them into asian speaking it works out fine.

you are welcome :D lol... i thought english subs was supposed to help, seems like the opposite :lol:

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:48 pm

i guess xiaoyao is telling himu see i can change my destiny not everything folo destiny....

kokoro no itami wa

ling_er_rox
Hero Wannabe

Postby ling_er_rox » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:11 am

[quote="zzXiaoyaozz"]i guess xiaoyao is telling himu see i can change my destiny not everything folo destiny....[/quote]

ermm... i think xiao yao is asking him if he understood why all his loved ones left him, something got to do with 'dao'

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:39 pm

llolz i misinterprt

kokoro no itami wa

cutiegal25
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby cutiegal25 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:50 pm