[Spoiler] Death of characters..seem forced?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Do you think the death of most characters were forced?

Yes
64%
No
17%
All of them were
19%

Total votes: 47

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:45 pm

yeh, I think the deaths looked forced as well. Especially Ah 7's parent's death..BaiYue wasn't after them, but they jsut killed themselves.I know they were trying to protect their son, but they seemed very desperate to be killed. *shrugs*
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:53 pm

hehee, I missed that point XD That was the most obvious OBVIOUS of the obvious forced deaths..Ive never seen anyone throwing their lifes away for nothing O.o Its not like they were hypnotised..Bai Yue clearly said he werent after their lives..
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:48 pm

The druken sword master didn't died in the game either, well, you stopped seeing him after getting rescued out of the tower.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:22 pm

i didn't [play the game sso i dunno much...
mou utsumuku no wa yamete hashiri dasou
kokoro no itami wa
sou "daisuki" no akashi ne

arsenal6
Hero Wannabe

everything seemed forced

Postby arsenal6 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:46 pm

the deaths came too easy

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:11 am

I would have liked to see Tang Yu and Ah Nu fight against Bai Yue before the sacrifice (even though they are a lot weaker). I also think it would have been interesting if you could have used TangYu in the game, as a playable character.
My TVB Blog: K for TVB

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Tang Yu wasn't even main though ^^;; I dont think its the original that needs to be changed, but the fact the drama didnt adapt it as well. They made a very minor character have so much screentime.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

hun6over
Hero Wannabe

Postby hun6over » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:23 am

THe deaths did seem a little forced to me but after some thinking i came up with some logical explanations for it.

Yue Ru- The old priest guy said before that 1 of the 3 had to die in order for the others to survive so Yue Re sacrificed herself.

Ling Er- She kamikazed with the monster so she fataly injured herself in the process. As for why she looked so fine when coming out of the water: her injuries were internal so she herself did not know how badly she was hurt until it was too late. By the time they knew of her injuries, she was bleeding way too fast to save her. :cry:

Drunken Sword- This death is a little wierd. He could of dodged it or seomthing. I guess, like Tang Yu, he did not think that she would be capable of doing such a thing and maybe he was so happy to see her that he was unprepared.

Ah Nu and Tang Yu- They turned into birds because they sacrificed themselves to combine the artifact used to kill the moon clan leader.

Ah Qi (No.7)- This guy would have died eventually since he had only less than 10 years to live.

I find it sad that Xiao Yao ended up lonesome. He hardly had friends in the beginning of the series. During his adventure, he made so many friends but in the end they ALL ended up dieing and he is left all alone.

alih27
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby alih27 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:31 pm

i kinda think its forced because like the part where yue ru died, i mean did she really want to die? she didn't do anything at all, she just stand there... and about drunken sword, he is so strong and yet he didn't dodge ah nu's attack??

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Drunken Sword master didn't expect Ah Nu to actually stab him...Although logically his ultra sense + reflex from training should allow him to dodge it subconciously.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:08 pm

i don;t know... perhaps the director want make the show more sad so it will turn out to be more memorable... WHo agrees with me?

guiltycross
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby guiltycross » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:42 am

The show wanted more depth, and because of that reason, some scenes were exaggerated/forced

some of it was rather not needed that it made the whole thing look stupid or obviously unecessary xD

alih27
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby alih27 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:27 am

good point guiltycross...
credits to crystallized forum(signature) and i heartkara international forum(avatar)

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:25 pm

guiltycross wrote:The show wanted more depth, and because of that reason, some scenes were exaggerated/forced

some of it was rather not needed that it made the whole thing look stupid or obviously unecessary xD

some should change to most...
mou utsumuku no wa yamete hashiri dasou

kokoro no itami wa

sou "daisuki" no akashi ne

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:57 pm

guiltycross wrote:The show wanted more depth, and because of that reason, some scenes were exaggerated/forced

I agree with that... That might just be the reason why some of the scene seem forced...

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”