[Spoiler] Death of characters..seem forced?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Do you think the death of most characters were forced?

Yes
64%
No
17%
All of them were
19%

Total votes: 47

dtown333
Hero Wannabe

Post by dtown333 »

I like the way the whole series went and didn't have a problem with all the characters dying and sacrificing themselves. It made the show more touching. Maybe we can all go back and say that this or that doesn't make sense but if your gonna do that then the whole story itself don't make sense. Everything is not suppose to make sense. The story is about love and willingness to sacrifice which to me made the show so great. It didn't follow the story of the game all the way but if it did would the show have been as good as it was? I prefer all the twisted feelings of anger, happiness and sadness for the characters in the show. Anyway point is . . . good show. :D

Trongie
Hero Wannabe

Post by Trongie »

yes all of the unresonableness can be blamed on the director showing the power of ai

ganmo
Hero Wannabe

Post by ganmo »

at the end when Xiaoyao told Ling'er to go/sleep/rest in peace, not only one time but like ten times? anyone beside me though it was pretty rude of him? i understand that he didn't want to see Ling'er in pain, but the way he told it in was very cold hearted of him i think.

NOTE, i watched the canto subbed version.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

ahh..canto subbed! I really wanted to see how that was like ><... wherre can I watch it online? XD

And yes..theres a debate on whether XY did the right thing or not telling her to 'sleep'.

viewtopic.php?t=92
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ganmo
Hero Wannabe

Post by ganmo »

oh didn't see it ^^
i don't know where you can watch it online, i self downloaded it from a torrent page.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

Would you be able to rip any audio out or record some dialouges? I'm curious as to how Xiao Yao and Ling Er sound =) Being canto and all...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

ganmo
Hero Wannabe

Post by ganmo »

oh darn, i had to go through several things to convert a sample :D
anyway here's when Xiaoyao first met Ling'er. i can convert more if there are any special part you want to hear.

http://rapidshare.com/files/98655591/ch1_rip.mp3.html

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

wow, thanks for that! (whoops off topic here, maybe we should continue our convo here: viewtopic.php?t=112)

hehee..its awesome. Sounds like I'm watching a canto dubbed anime, hehehe.. I want to hear more from them =D Would you mind taking requests? I want to add them to the fanlisting site =)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Strawberry_hit
Hero Wannabe

Post by Strawberry_hit »

i suppose the director just love dealth...it's his wife...gosh some of the dealth seems really unrealistic..if he love it so much at least make it more confincing..at lest xiao yao lives..

ignatius94
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by ignatius94 »

what i thought was. remember if the 2 pieces were put together, the couple can make a wish but have to sacrifice themselves and become 'birds'? what i thought was that. why didn't they wish that the monster was destroyed instead?
仙剑奇侠转 rawks!

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chibi Jennifer »

I guess they wanted things to be restored to peace, rather than both 'die' for one monster?
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Post by Lightbrand »

Oh right, I totally forgot that those two things actually grant wishes...Did they actually wish for "peace"? Because that didn't happen until after Ling Er died...

Which kind of means they are the reason for Ling Er's death.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

ignatius94
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Post by ignatius94 »

and why didn't they wish that ling er and xiao yao got immortal life forever?
仙剑奇侠转 rawks!