How did you find out about Xian Jian?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Which have you seen first? Game or Drama?

Played Xian Jian Game
51%
Watched Chinese Paladin
44%
I have yet to see it, or play it
No votes
Other
4%

Total votes: 45

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

How did you find out about Xian Jian?

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:48 pm

The Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan Game was made in 1995 by SoftStar, and the series came out in 2004~ which did you find out about first?

I played the game about 10 years ago (quite randomly actually) when my cousin leant us the game ^^ I loved the game very much, as it was so touching, I loved Ling Er's character and the music was really nice too!

Last year when I went overseas, I bought the DVDs for Chinese Paladin and loved that too XD

purpleGirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yue Ru

Postby purpleGirl » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:33 pm

the music was really nice too!

The OST were even better on TV Series XD At first I wanted them to use the same music for the tv series~ ~

I played the game first~ but didn't know it was that popular lol

Lroz
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Lroz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:54 am

I watched the TV show, didn't know there was a game like that 10 years ago, 10 years ago I was only 5 years old kid who drink milk and sleep all day lol.

It attracted me.

piyoimut
Hero Wannabe

Postby piyoimut » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:51 am

The game was very PoPuLaR... because it's plot and story is just top notch in 1995.

I wonder why... they didn't make it to be like Final Fantasy series.
I bet Softstar will make TONS of $$..

just think about it..
the Romance is there..
the RPG elements (gods, swords, armor, etc) are there..
the Story? even better than the FF 7 that confuses me.

and this comes from someone who finished the game without knowing any chinese character.. except "Chung" (coz it's like a square and you just draw the line to divide it).
Pal Hero is the best

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:57 am

The game is only out in China, and only in the last few years did it gets put all over the Internet...

If it was in English, then it will by far surpasses the fandom in FF7.

But it was good enough that there is a Pal2, Pal3, and Pal4 sequal/prequals...(Pal2 sequal, Pal3 Prequal)

The people who developed Pal2,3,4 are no longer the same people that made and wrote the story of Pal1 and PalXP. That's why everything seem brand new and......Not as good.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:33 pm

kira wrote:but the series ending sux lerx... in the game, there are 3 different ending... and of all... y did that director chose that sad ending.. haha... after i watched the series, i then know tat it was from a game... haha... so i immediately go and buy the game... haha...

yanyan wrote:haha, i think tat's wat everyone did when they were five.

I watched the series first and then found out that it was made from a game.

believer503 wrote:I stumbled upon an MV of Xian Jian on Youtube thinking it was Tian Wai Fei Xian.

My brother cancelled the order for TWFX and ordered CP right afterwards lol.

lol...out of all stories, believer's one is most... accidental XD

yanyan wrote:haha, teddy. tat's intersting. I think i came across a mv on youtube as well and tat's when i decided to find the series.

ngai wrote:lol i came across a video on youtube, which made me google search and then i found this site
but the original dos game was so good...replayed it so many times haha =)

oo...so, when did you play the game? When u said u saw videos on YouTube is that the drama? have u watched CP?

ngai wrote:i played the dos way back in 1995, and probably played it again like every year haha
then when i finally got the pretty-graphics xp versions, i played again ;D
and then played XJ2 and 3 these couple of years

the youtube videos were english subtitled versions of the drama
i watched that drama in mandarin last yr, and didnt understand fully...i speak cantonese and cant read chinese well
whats CP?

ooo..I'm canto too! XD CP= Chinese Paladin, the English name of the Drama.

It just got me curious since u seem to like talking about the games more than the series :)

ngai wrote:oh hehe yea im more familiar with the game after playing so much :D

That's still awesome ^^ Nice to have a loyal fan of the game here =D When I played it about 10 years ago, I had no idea it was this popular...

pplppl wrote:I watched the vcd first when my brother borrowed it from fren... he watched finish it in a few days... cos he's in love with the 02... hahaz... i was like "wth is this show" when i first saw a few sec .... then later also addicted to it liao... hahax.. too "Ou Xiang Ju" liao... many young actors/actresses there ^^
then my brother search for the game.. but only played the trial...
then later play XJ 2...

kiyuster wrote:My mom borrowed the DVDs from her friend. :]
I sneaked a peak, saw Hu Ge, and got addicted.

snowrain wrote:played the game...
i have like play the game in XP version for more than 5 times already.... but i have to say, the maze in this version is quite tough... in some places like in the tomb of the general, can still need to walk for a few hours...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

susan_snowrain
Hero Wannabe

Postby susan_snowrain » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:44 am

I played both versions of Xian Jian before 95 and XP...
the 95 one i played at Sega Saturn as my brother have the game and i just take out to play and i found me to be hooked with the game......
the XP i abt 2-3 years ago then found out and play it.....
Just that the XP version, the maze and battle is sometimes quite difficult to get through.... and also some scenes is also added into the XP version e.g. Xiaoyao dream at his start of the game and the same dream he experienced when he travelled back to 10 years....

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:29 pm

in 1995? so now it is proberly hard to find in shops although now i playing FF x and FF x-2 lol

EpiKz
Hero Wannabe

Postby EpiKz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:07 pm

haha i chose OTHER because i have a very very rare circumstance
i played the game when i was in elementry school (maybe 8 or 9 maybe 10) with the help of 2 older people who understood how to read chinese because i have no clue how to read (and still dont). but then i completely forgot about the game until 2004 when the series came out. i watched maybe the first 7 episodes. then i lost everything because of a virus and had to reformat. not until maybe 3-4 months ago i redownloaded them and watched the rest. then i found this site, and started to play the chinese paladin game once again. so yea thats why i chose other =P

imageman
Hero Wannabe

Postby imageman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:07 pm

I've played the 95 version first at the age of 8 and from that moment on I am just completely stunned by it. During summer I would stay three whole days in front of sega saturn just to play and beat the game. Though I've beat the game countless times already during that time but I just can't get my hands off that game then.

When the xp version is out it is as if a refreshment of childhood times and dreams. The experience of being able to play the game once again is just awsome.

Then when I go to China I saw the drama and without second thoughts I bought the whole series and totally captivated by it. Though I've seen the whole series couple of times already but I still enjoy seeing them. And now whenever I am free, I would grab the dvd and see the series again. Not to mention the OST of the drama is superb!

zzXiaoyaozz
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby zzXiaoyaozz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:31 pm

1995 i am 1 years old cannot play yet....

alih27
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Postby alih27 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:47 pm

i already saw the xian jian game but haven't played it.. I know the game bec. my brother used to play it and i was always watching him whenever he plays the game so thats why i knew the game before than the series... i was shocked that they made a series out of the game...
credits to crystallized forum(signature) and i heartkara international forum(avatar)

Effka
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Postby Effka » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:34 pm

I was browsing youtube and looking for paladin PVP videos from world of warcraft and stumbled across the show, so I watched episode one, and then episode two and I was hooked, I watched like 10 episodes each day, best show ever

Terrapin Knight
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby Terrapin Knight » Tue May 01, 2007 2:40 pm

My cousin gave me a copy of the DOS version about 10 years ago. I was, at the time, rather inexperienced with the RPG genre and did not get very far. Actually, I never bought any equipment from the shops, relying solely on those that were given to me in treasure chests and story events. The game was also in traditional Chinese, which I wasn't--and still isn't, in fact probably worse--very good at reading. I stopped playing after getting to the zombie town.

The game came back to mind after I've had a fair amount of experience with JRPGs. I managed to locate the 95 and XP versions of the game last year, both of which I have since beaten. The former occasion 10 years ago was a minor fling. This is my real introduction to Xian Jian, to be honest, so I'm quite a bit of a newbie.

Hanging onto Xian Jian III right now. I'll probably start it in a month or so. Trying to get friends to watch the series with me.

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Re: How did you find out about Xian Jian?

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:12 am

I watched my brother play the second game when I was pretty young. By the time he started to play the third game, he told me that there's a TV series based on the first game.

I just beat the first game about three nights ago and I really am pretty disappointed at some of the things they changed in the drama...
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”