In a life and death situation...

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

Do you think it was the right decision for Xiaoyao to save Yueru first, based on his logic?

Yes
22%
No
67%
Undecided
11%

Total votes: 9

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

In a life and death situation...

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:20 pm

In a life and death situation, would you save your lover first, or the other person?

I ask this question because I remembered the scene where both Ling'er and Yueru were captured and Xiaoyao was forced to chose to save one or the other. To everyone's surprise, he chose to save Yueru first, leaving Ling'er feeling heartbroken. His logic was that he didn't want to owe Yueru anything, but for Ling'er, he's willing to give up his life.

Now, while that may sound..kind of romantic, I actually wonder if that's realistic or sensible? What if Ling'er really died, because he didn't chose to save her first?

Feel free to share your thoughts (and vote in the poll!)
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao

Re: In a life and death situation...

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:14 pm

for me no! not because im always on linger's side but he save Yue Ru for for his own Pride and selfishness.... in that time where he did not yet develop or discover his love on Yue Ru... he couldnt bear not saving Yue Ru Because he didnt want to have a debt or look guilty for ever for not saving His kinda mortal enemy back then.... but for if Linger May die or died at the event he would dedicate his life in repenting for his sins....... Li Xiao Yao was a little bit selfish back then ! LOL my personal opinion! :) :) :)

tangyanzixuan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zi Xuan

Postby tangyanzixuan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:12 am

Even if he doesn't want to owe Yueru anything, wasn't it true that he loved Ling er much more? In my opinion, he should have saved who he wanted to, not because of oweing... especially in a situation like that.

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 am

That's what I was thinking, I don't think it made much sense o_o
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:05 pm

i think xiaoyao was just thinking about his pride when he did it.... 8)

Lightbrand
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Postby Lightbrand » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Well it's going to be a tough choice either way, The way I see it, whoever I decides to save I will still feel terrible for not choosing the other person and that I was being unfair to.

So I think when Xiao Yao decided to save Yue Ru was probably because he never thought she'd tag along for the whole trip, whereas he and Ling Er are on their journey so they will definitely be spending enough time for him to "make up" for his choice I'm guessing. Too bad though they actually spent the most time away from each other (both in drama and game.)

If Ling Er had died because he didn't go save her then I can't imagine how much shock it would have been for XY when he finds out, but maybe it also has something to do with XY knows Ling Er is "strong" enough to fend for herself? But that hardly justifies anything.

But in the end it's inevitable, he can only save one. And for dramatic purposes, this is probably the better approach.
是缘分,是宿命,还是一场捉弄人的游戏?

DivineSwords
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xue Jian

Postby DivineSwords » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Nope. It might cause some misunderstanding.

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

IMO, its very unlogical to save Yue Ru first, because:

-Back then in SuZhou (Yue Ru hometown), XY showed some jealousies which means his feeling for Ling Er is somehow back (after he lost his memories)
-The feeling with Yue Ru hasnt developed well (I think it would make more sense if this situation happen after the tower scene - of course if Yue Ru didnt sacrifice to die in tower scene and they are faced with similar life-death situation)
-Back then, XY doesnt know that Ling Er has magical power, but he knows at least Yue Ru knows how to fight

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:02 pm

haha, good point about Xiaoyao not knowing Ling'er has magical powers XD Didn't think of that one...
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:00 pm

I think it was a good choice. I agree with it. Someone dying because of you is a horrible feeling, especially if you're not that close to them. But if something had happened to Ling Er because he didn't save her first...I dunno, maybe Xiao Yao would've killed himself to be with her? He can kill himself and be with Ling Er forever if Ling Er dies, but if Yue Ru dies, he can't really do much about that and he'll always be feeling regret.
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”