XiaoYao and YueRu

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

XY and YR- Which do you prefer?

Lovers
51%
Companions
49%

Total votes: 68

soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly

Postby soulawaken » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:52 pm

cutiegal25 wrote:LoL. Remember when Xiaoyao was still in his village and he wanted Xiulan to be his slave and, um, the other girl (I forgot her name) to his concubine? Hmm, then who's his wife...? LOL!

Haha..Guess only one explanation... He knew that he don't really love that two girls... So he wants to find someone he really loves (Ling'er or Yue Ru) and made her his wife... LOL

chant
Chinese Paladin Fan
Chinese Paladin Fan

Postby chant » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:14 am

yeah i think they are more of companions than lovers.
^_^

Korangar
Hero Wannabe

Postby Korangar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:15 am

XJ's love triangle story is somewhat similar to XJ4's in that the protagonist's first love succumbs to death and the second girl will eventually receive her share of good ending with the hero.

The difference between XJ and XJ4 is that XJ's love story ended tragically with a hint of happiness in the end(Ling Er sacrificing herself, but Xiao Yao at least has Yue Ru and Ling Er's legacy in form of Yi Ru).

XJ4 on the other hand, is more akin to telling a fairy tale with a perfect happy ending but still leaves the viewers a sense of regret. Ling Sha dies either from a mortal's age or young for bearing the sins of her clan, but still managed to live the rest of her life with Tian He as his wife with no regrets. Tian He manages to reunite with Meng Li despite the promise they made that they will meet again in 19 years time turns out to be a 100.

Its a bittersweet ending for both, maybe that's why it stands out from other Chinese RPG games to rightfully earn its own XJ fame.

ann_fang
Hero Wannabe

Re: XiaoYao and YueRu

Postby ann_fang » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Ok, I think it's a little late but I still want to give my opinion to it.
Base on the Game I think he loves Linger for her sake but was touched by Yue Ru's love. He loves both in different ways.
However base on the film I don't even think that he ever had loved Linger wholeheartly. Ok they are married, but don't you guys feel that the wedding was rushed. That might sound mean but he didn't even know her and for god sake she was a beautiful willing girl. Which guy could have resisted. When her grandma was killed he pittied her. And later on when he lost his memories about her, the film did not do a good job to explain why in one second he refuses to even know her and to the other second they walk hand in hand. He does adore her for sure, but who could not? However there was no time for them to develope their feelings for each other. I somehow felt he was rather forced by himself to look for Linger. The interaction between him nd Yue Ru are sometimes a lil annoying but they explains the process and progress of their feelings.
I, personally, think the producers should have let him marrying both.Polygamy was not a rarity in his time :-D

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Never too late to post here ^_^

Well, marrying both could solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it? XD The solution would be a bit too easy.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm

then XiaoYao is polygamous! haha! XiaoYao would Be the Luckiest man alive then! Having 2 beautiful wifes ! and Xiaoyao in one time if not stopped would be a MONK! haha

tangyanzixuan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zi Xuan

Postby tangyanzixuan » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:57 am

I voted for companions, because I like Xiaoyao with Linger better. I didn't realize it until after, but when did Yue Ru first start showing signs of love?

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:22 am

I dunno about 'love' but she sure was infatuated by Xiao yao when that lamp on the ceiling falls down and Xiao Yao saves her from it. Since then, she starts trying to look and act girlie to appear more attractive to him.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

xiaoyaoli_lingerli
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao

Postby xiaoyaoli_lingerli » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I dunno about 'love' but she sure was infatuated by Xiao yao when that lamp on the ceiling falls down and Xiao Yao saves her from it. Since then, she starts trying to look and act girlie to appear more attractive to him.

well thats what i think so happened to yue ru at the start... but as yue ru slowly learns XIao Yaos real personality... i think she really fell in love with him ...

but i still think if yue ru was not killed and so do Linger... its better for Yue Ru And Xiao Yao be Companions... another given is that Xiao Yao and Linger was really married..

:) :) :)

kevinlinus
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Long Kui

Postby kevinlinus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 pm

In my opinion, based on the drama, I voted for Lovers...
Simply because I could see that their 'feeling' is progressing in the middle of the drama :oops:
When XY with Ling Er, I could see a perfect match but without that 'feeling' that I see in XY & YR

Besides, XY did kissed Yue Ru if I'm not mistaken before they enter the demon tower to save Ling Er, whereby as far as I remembered, XY never kissed Ling Er, but just tapped her nose. But this can be misleading as tapping each other nose in this drama between XY and Ling Er is a symbol of love, can be said its EQUAL to kiss, whereby XY and YR didnt have that 'symbol', so XY just kissed her 8)

~IllusionQueen~
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xing Xuan

Postby ~IllusionQueen~ » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 am

Kissing or not kissing doesn't mean much in my opinion...

I chose companions 'cause that wouldn't be fair to Ling Er since they've already married and she even has his child...

And Xiao Yao probably feels that marrying them both will be unfair to them...because they'll have to share the man they love with someone else...
If I see the person I love being lovey-dovey with someone else, I'll feel sad too...
How I want to hold you in my arms again……

Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Marrying both would just be selfish.... but it seemed to be an 'okay' acceptable thing in a lot of WuXia series..? I guess it's probably just a cultural thing where men were dominate and could have as many wives as he chooses :/
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~

Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”