If one of the girls could live, would you you want?

Discussion on Chinese Paladin (Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) live action adaptation. Starring Hu Ge 胡歌, Liu Yifei 劉亦菲, Ady An 安以軒, Esther Liu 劉品言, Eddie Peng 彭于晏. Storyline, plot, characters, love triangles, polls, behind the scenes and more!

Moderator: Xian Jian Committee

If one can live, who would you want to live?

Ling Er
43
77%
Yue Ru
13
23%
 
Total votes: 56

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 am
Location: US

Postby LotsOfLayne » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:31 pm

Chibi Jennifer wrote:I don't think Ling Er deserves to die, I know both don't but Ling Er did everything for everyone.. why can't she deserve to live?


If Linger did not die, then she would not have done "everything for everyone" b/c Baiyue/seamonster still lives. Yueru however, proved to be the ultimate sacrifice because remember, she risked her life to save Linger from the monster locking tower. If Yueru didn't offer her sacrifice, Linger would probably still be locked up in that cross. So the best way for things to work out is for Linger to sacrifice herself to save everyone. While Yueru come back and take care of Yiru. Which is kind of what happened in the real story.

Yueru is from a respectable family with lots of money. Yiru will grow up a lot happier with Yueru's family, she will also inherit the best of Yueru, Xiaoyao and Linger's kungfu.

Xiao can fill her in on all her Nuwa abilities and hide that fact from Yueru's father.

So Yueru deserves to live, I think.
Wow, is this nostalgic or what.

User avatar
Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2379
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:26 pm
Gender: Female
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:03 pm

Point taken ^_^

I don't mind Ling Er being a significant symbol in the original game.. its just very depress ;_;
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~
Image

User avatar
soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby soulawaken » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:51 pm

LotsOfLayne wrote:
Chibi Jennifer wrote:I don't think Ling Er deserves to die, I know both don't but Ling Er did everything for everyone.. why can't she deserve to live?


If Linger did not die, then she would not have done "everything for everyone" b/c Baiyue/seamonster still lives. Yueru however, proved to be the ultimate sacrifice because remember, she risked her life to save Linger from the monster locking tower. If Yueru didn't offer her sacrifice, Linger would probably still be locked up in that cross. So the best way for things to work out is for Linger to sacrifice herself to save everyone. While Yueru come back and take care of Yiru. Which is kind of what happened in the real story.

Yueru is from a respectable family with lots of money. Yiru will grow up a lot happier with Yueru's family, she will also inherit the best of Yueru, Xiaoyao and Linger's kungfu.

Xiao can fill her in on all her Nuwa abilities and hide that fact from Yueru's father.

So Yueru deserves to live, I think.


Sorry but I don't really understand your point.. You seems to be contradicting... I thought you just say that Yue Ru proves to be the ultimate sacrifice? Why do you say later that Yue Ru deserves to live? Now I shall write a short essay on my point...

I agree to your point that Yue Ru deserves to live to a small extent.

The first reason is Ling'er is the mother of Yi Ru and I feel that only if the family of three could be united, Yi Ru could be happy. There is no evidence to this since it is not shown in the show... lol

However, I feel that Yue Ru might deserves to live since she had really made a lot of sacrifices for Ling'er, Xiao Yao and Yi Ru..

In conclusion, I think that Ling'er deserves to live more than Yue Ru. Although Yue Ru had sacrifise a lot for Xiao Yao, Ling'er and Yi Ru... but Ling'er had sacrifised for all of NanZhao... If she had not die... Bai Yue will still be defeated by Xiao Yao thanks to Tang Yu and Ah Nu... And if Xiao Yao combine forces with Ling'er... I am sure their love will beat the water demon....... So in my opinion, Ling'er deserves to live more than Yue Ru...

To LotsOfLayne: I am not purposely trying to argue against your point so pls I mean no offence... That is only my point of view... :D You are not wrong either... :)

User avatar
tmt64
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:51 am
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Postby tmt64 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:50 am

Even if Yueru lived, I don't think Xiayao could just move on from Linger's death and be with Yueru..

Yueru and Xiaoyao had their intimate moments, but from my perspective, Linger will always be #1 in Xiaoyao's heart.

Yueru said that she will be happy as long as Xiaoyao is also happy, and Xiaoyao's happiness can only be achieved with Linger by his side..

I just think that Yueru's character was designed to be the sacrificial type, and as harsh as it seems, her death, or at least elimination from the main plot, is necessary for this TV series.

To my surprise, Linger died in the end, which I found was a really unnecessary transition from what was about to be a happy ending to a tragic one.
Image

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 am
Location: US

Postby LotsOfLayne » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:48 am

soulawaken wrote:Sorry but I don't really understand your point.. You seems to be contradicting... I thought you just say that Yue Ru proves to be the ultimate sacrifice? Why do you say later that Yue Ru deserves to live? Now I shall write a short essay on my point...

I agree to your point that Yue Ru deserves to live to a small extent.

The first reason is Ling'er is the mother of Yi Ru and I feel that only if the family of three could be united, Yi Ru could be happy. There is no evidence to this since it is not shown in the show... lol

However, I feel that Yue Ru might deserves to live since she had really made a lot of sacrifices for Ling'er, Xiao Yao and Yi Ru..

In conclusion, I think that Ling'er deserves to live more than Yue Ru. Although Yue Ru had sacrifise a lot for Xiao Yao, Ling'er and Yi Ru... but Ling'er had sacrifised for all of NanZhao... If she had not die... Bai Yue will still be defeated by Xiao Yao thanks to Tang Yu and Ah Nu... And if Xiao Yao combine forces with Ling'er... I am sure their love will beat the water demon....... So in my opinion, Ling'er deserves to live more than Yue Ru...


First of all, I think this is a great discussion on one of the more interesting part of the game/series. Second, All my opinions of the characters are based on the game not the series. Since the series was created based on the game, I believe the story in the game is the original rendition of what happened to these fictional characters. Third, I am a Yueru fan, so all my opinions are heavily biased. Anyways here is my response to all your great points.

In my opinion, the person who deserves to live the most is the person who died most regretably. Meaning they showed so much love yet they suffered a tragic death that is very undeserved. And I think many of you will agree with me on that one. So the question is Who die the most tragic death? Well, if Linger did not die, then she Water-demon would not have been defeated (I don't think Xiaoyao and Ahnu can defeat the combination of BaiYue and water demon, b/c in the post game cutscene, he gained Linger's blood and became invincible). I guess Linger was forced to sacrifice herself. If she didn't then the whole world will crumple and be flooded. So as I said in my previous post, if Linger had lived, then Baiyue/sea-demon would not be defeated and the whole purpose of Xiaoyao, Yueru and Ahnu's journey would have been pointless. So linger was destined to die and be great. If she didn't, then she would be the biggest flop. So we can all say that Linger is the greatest female character and that she deserved to live, but if she lived, then she wouldn't not have been great.

Yueru however died a tragic death, mainly because she didn't have to die. She did a very courageous thing in accompany XY into the monster tower. She did a courageous thing running out on her father. And she died while trying to help XY and Linger. It was almost like she died for nothing, someone who gave out so much in rescueing LE yet died so abruptly with very little drama. Yueru's the death was truly a tragic one, and mostly regretable.

Leaving all this reasoning aside. The biggest hint in the game as to who the game makers thinks deserved to live was laid out right in front of our eyes. The last scene of the game featured Yueru partially revived and carry Yiru.

Anyway that's my long rationale as to who I think deserves to live. There's no right or wrong answer here and I would love to hear what you guys think so keep those responses coming!
Wow, is this nostalgic or what.

User avatar
Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2379
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:26 pm
Gender: Female
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:58 am

Good points you guys are bringing up here ^_^

The drama and game were both portrayed differently... in the original..it was..classic. sad. tragic. symbolic. great yeh?

In the drama, I really think Ling Er should have lived.. plus, a lot more focus was hinted at Xiao Yao's love towards Ling Er, and after all the suffering she went through, and everyone else's sacrifice..she still dies? =(

YR kinda dies without regret.. LE didnt even want to die.. she wanted to be with XY cause she doesnt want him to be sad and lonely..yet he lied to her.
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~
Image

User avatar
soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby soulawaken » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:50 am

LotsOfLayne wrote:
soulawaken wrote:Sorry but I don't really understand your point.. You seems to be contradicting... I thought you just say that Yue Ru proves to be the ultimate sacrifice? Why do you say later that Yue Ru deserves to live? Now I shall write a short essay on my point...

I agree to your point that Yue Ru deserves to live to a small extent.

The first reason is Ling'er is the mother of Yi Ru and I feel that only if the family of three could be united, Yi Ru could be happy. There is no evidence to this since it is not shown in the show... lol

However, I feel that Yue Ru might deserves to live since she had really made a lot of sacrifices for Ling'er, Xiao Yao and Yi Ru..

In conclusion, I think that Ling'er deserves to live more than Yue Ru. Although Yue Ru had sacrifise a lot for Xiao Yao, Ling'er and Yi Ru... but Ling'er had sacrifised for all of NanZhao... If she had not die... Bai Yue will still be defeated by Xiao Yao thanks to Tang Yu and Ah Nu... And if Xiao Yao combine forces with Ling'er... I am sure their love will beat the water demon....... So in my opinion, Ling'er deserves to live more than Yue Ru...


First of all, I think this is a great discussion on one of the more interesting part of the game/series. Second, All my opinions of the characters are based on the game not the series. Since the series was created based on the game, I believe the story in the game is the original rendition of what happened to these fictional characters. Third, I am a Yueru fan, so all my opinions are heavily biased. Anyways here is my response to all your great points.

In my opinion, the person who deserves to live the most is the person who died most regretably. Meaning they showed so much love yet they suffered a tragic death that is very undeserved. And I think many of you will agree with me on that one. So the question is Who die the most tragic death? Well, if Linger did not die, then she Water-demon would not have been defeated (I don't think Xiaoyao and Ahnu can defeat the combination of BaiYue and water demon, b/c in the post game cutscene, he gained Linger's blood and became invincible). I guess Linger was forced to sacrifice herself. If she didn't then the whole world will crumple and be flooded. So as I said in my previous post, if Linger had lived, then Baiyue/sea-demon would not be defeated and the whole purpose of Xiaoyao, Yueru and Ahnu's journey would have been pointless. So linger was destined to die and be great. If she didn't, then she would be the biggest flop. So we can all say that Linger is the greatest female character and that she deserved to live, but if she lived, then she wouldn't not have been great.

Yueru however died a tragic death, mainly because she didn't have to die. She did a very courageous thing in accompany XY into the monster tower. She did a courageous thing running out on her father. And she died while trying to help XY and Linger. It was almost like she died for nothing, someone who gave out so much in rescueing LE yet died so abruptly with very little drama. Yueru's the death was truly a tragic one, and mostly regretable.

Leaving all this reasoning aside. The biggest hint in the game as to who the game makers thinks deserved to live was laid out right in front of our eyes. The last scene of the game featured Yueru partially revived and carry Yiru.

Anyway that's my long rationale as to who I think deserves to live. There's no right or wrong answer here and I would love to hear what you guys think so keep those responses coming!


I am sorry... Because I still have not played the game so I can only discuss from the series.. Pls pardon me if my discussion does not meet your standards... :(

LotsOfLayne
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 am
Location: US

Postby LotsOfLayne » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:31 am

No worries, this is the drama sections of the forum after all. I didn't realize that there were so much discrepancy between the drama and the game.
Wow, is this nostalgic or what.

User avatar
soulawaken
Heavenly
Heavenly
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby soulawaken » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:19 pm

LotsOfLayne wrote:No worries, this is the drama sections of the forum after all. I didn't realize that there were so much discrepancy between the drama and the game.


Haha... yeah... if you have known it you will have brought it in the other thread... nvm... Through all these discussions I started to know more about the game... :D

User avatar
teolilian
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:11 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Singapore

Postby teolilian » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 pm

well... i chose ling er. because everybody needs her, xiao yao, yi ru and the country. so its like her importance is really very important. so she shouldn't die. even if she do, she should be revived. :D
I love Xiao Yao and Ling Er!!! Xian Jian forever!!! 天涯海角,永不分离!!! True love exists...

lilchco
Hero Wannabe
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:39 am

voting

Postby lilchco » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:53 am

i voted for yue ru cuz xiao yiao and her basically have the same personalities. they both like fooling around and they always make me laugh when they're together in a scene. When xiao yao's with ling er they seem so boring! On wikipedia yue ru was suppose to be revived by a friend of Li's master,a traditional medicine guru after she was crushed in the demon prison. after ling er's death yue ru and xiao yiao were suppose to raise ling er and xiao yiao's child and live happily ever after. did that happen in the movie i haven't finished watching it yet?

User avatar
Chibi Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2379
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:26 pm
Gender: Female
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: voting

Postby Chibi Jennifer » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:11 am

lilchco wrote:i voted for yue ru cuz xiao yiao and her basically have the same personalities. they both like fooling around and they always make me laugh when they're together in a scene. When xiao yao's with ling er they seem so boring! On wikipedia yue ru was suppose to be revived by a friend of Li's master,a traditional medicine guru after she was crushed in the demon prison. after ling er's death yue ru and xiao yiao were suppose to raise ling er and xiao yiao's child and live happily ever after. did that happen in the movie i haven't finished watching it yet?


ermm..do you really want it to be spoiled? ^_^;;
♥Xiaoyao and Ling'er~~~
Image

Liu Shen Bing
Hero Wannabe
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:03 pm

Postby Liu Shen Bing » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Yue Ru, I enjoyed her relationship with Xiao Yao more, Ling Er fullfilled her destiny as a decsendant of NV Wa, as did her mother before her etc etc

SnowDemonz
Hero Wannabe
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:14 pm
Contact:

Postby SnowDemonz » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:23 pm

I would want Ling Er to live cause she the only reason i liked the series. I like the innocent and nice way she acted through out the story. It was really dumb that they killed her off and made him and their daughter the only one living!!
^_^

User avatar
Whistler
Xian Jian Veteran
Xian Jian Veteran
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:51 am
Gender: Male
Favourite Xian Jian Character: Yueru
Location: P. R. China
Contact:

Postby Whistler » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:42 pm

SnowDemonz wrote:It was really dumb that they killed her off and made him and their daughter the only one living!!


well... if the girls didn't die, you probably won't be so impressive about them 8)


Return to “Chinese Paladin 仙劍奇俠傳”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest